Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastmiele

Discontinued equipment

Whoa Mack.. take it easy, young fella. Aren't you supposed to be one of the responsible ones on this board? And also, Mack..I don't get why you and the other people on this board are tying so hard to prove a point that this guy, Sicklook, may or may not be wrong. It's his opinion and if he says he knows the facts, it's his decision to share it with all of us, so we can all get in the know.

ModSquad needs an interactive "tilly" forum, where people play rock, paper, scissors for credit. That way, instead of having to wade through fights reminiscent of a 13 year olds AIM conversation, people would have to defer to those with a higher Tilly credit.

Or, we could let MSH become the new Corebeam or Easton message board...

Yeah bro..i'm from texas too and know more about hockey and equipment and crap than most of the people in the "north," so what the hell does being from tx have to do with anything. true,slapshoot..why's everyone tryin' to kill eachother's posts, anways..I'm guessing we're all here to talk about new shit and stuff so man...

ps, i have heard modano's skates are reallllly modified tacks, so whatever they are..they're no normal tackys

Whoa Mack.. take it easy, young fella. Aren't you supposed to be one of the responsible ones on this board? And also, Mack..I don't get why you and the other people on this board are tying so hard to prove a point that this guy, Sicklook, may or may not be wrong. It's his opinion and if he says he knows the facts, it's his decision to share it with all of us, so we can all get in the know.

You took your 9-year-old kid to "Knocked Up." Don't ever mention "responsibility" again.

I still haven't seen him back anything up, from the "skates of benders" comment to the actual make-up of this skate. I could care less, I haven't been in Tacks for years but it's one of the dumber statements I've seen around here. That's saying a lot.

Don't insult me as a father, Mack..Who the hell are you, anyways..

You are a moderator for a damn online hockey forum which USED to be good.

Instead of sitting around all day and night making fun of children and men trying to learn and talk about hockey, you should actually do something with your life. You act pretty tough considering you're in your cozy little apartment, sitting on a couch with you bag of Dorito's, a laptop, a 6pack of Big Red and an episode of Futurama.

You're right, I should be taking these kids out and going to strip clubs with them. I see you've also hacked into my iSight and are checking out what is on the desk, you naughty little minx you.

I love the high and mighty act you toss up but then get pissy when you're called out on what a crappy parent you are.

54mji2opg8.jpg

Here are three pics of "Benders" and their skate of choice :)

A couple of them are considered amongst the best skaters to play the game.

Mario6.jpg

Gartner.jpg

Coffey3.jpg

Note that those are from long ago, obviously kovalev doesn't wear them anymore and the other two don't play anymore. Also understand it was sort of a joke....But lets be honest, around the rinks these days if you see someone sporting these, they probably aren't ripping it up

And Epstud..don't dismiss that without knowing for sure. I know the equipment guy for Dallas, as well as two different reps who supply the Stars. I happen to know this to be true about his skates, sorry to disapoint you.

Not to quibble, but that's Mike Gartner in the middle picture, not Alex Kovalev. He's retired as well, but still holds the record for fastest skater in the All Stars skills competition, if that counts for anything...but not to be petty...I know it was a simple mistake thinking it was kovalev, just like your error in judgment saying that you suck if you wear tacks.

sorry, opinions are not allowed on this site.

You presented your opinion as fact, which was the issue.

Rule #1 :. If you don't have anything useful to add, don't say anything.

There's nothing useful about a wrong comment. If you use something like, I have heard it was an 8090, and then listened to the correction. There wouldn't be an issue.

HAHAHAHAH THE FACT THAT YOU ACTUALLY TOOK THE TIME TO SEARCH FOR THAT PICTURE, COPY/SAVE IT, PASTE/POST IT...MAN WHAT A LOSER HONOSTLY, WHO ARE YOU, GUY. ARE YOU SERIOUS? HIGH AND MIGHTY ACT? BUDDY, I'VE TRIED TO BE NICE, BUT YOU ARE ON AN INTERNET CHAT BOARD. FIGURE IT OUT.

HAHAHAHAH THE FACT THAT YOU ACTUALLY TOOK THE TIME TO SEARCH FOR THAT PICTURE, COPY/SAVE IT, PASTE/POST IT...MAN WHAT A LOSER HONOSTLY, WHO ARE YOU, GUY. ARE YOU SERIOUS? HIGH AND MIGHTY ACT? BUDDY, I'VE TRIED TO BE NICE, BUT YOU ARE ON AN INTERNET CHAT BOARD. FIGURE IT OUT.

I'm Mack. I'm literate, a father of one and soon to be three. I have a house, it's pretty cool. I haven't taken kids to a donkey show, but as soon as I do I will ask for your advice on show times and what snacks to bring for the kids and/or donkey. Just don't send me to your mother's house again as that was clearly a horse and I didn't get a complimentary poncho.

Mack. It's cool. You are on an internet chat board. How tough do you think you are right now. You're they kind of guy that has to get the last word in, aren't you. I'm done with this, you officially have wasted my time, and you need to get your life together.

Cheers, everyone.

Maybe i will be back one day because most of you are descent people. But because of arrogant little guys like 'Mack' this site is getting ruined each and every day.

Bye, shithead. Enjoy the CCM or Easton boards, they'll enjoy your inability to post worth a damn. Sorry you had to suck.

Come on, he's from AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL and English clearly isn't their first language anymore.

What happened to being so happy to be a part of this? :unsure:

man these gloves sure are neat.. i have a pair and i Love wearing thEm!!!

mine are leather of course, i hate that CHEAP nylon stuff!

ps: FIRST POST WOOHOO!! :D

hey all, long time reader, first time poster...just wanted to say i've learned a lot from you all and im so happy to be apart of this! you all know so much its awesome!

half the comments don't even make sense any more. i mean seriously, mack's 'america the beautiful' comment doesn't make any sense without the preceding post.

Ok.. back on topic.

Honestly. People use discontinued stuff because it was what they were raised on. Me and the others who wear tacks do it because our fat nugget-shaped toes wont fit into any bauers because their toecap is the same size across the width board. If you want to make up some name and call me that because I wear probably the ugliest skates on the market, well.. I couldn't care less... Have at it. If I hear you call me one of those names on the ice, then you had better have more than good looking skates on the ice.

Pros wear the items because its what they are used to. Most pros don't really care how they look on the ice. Any of them would trade in a nice pair of new skates for ones that their feet know. Most of the players will never give up a stick that they play well with. There is no reason to change.

As for the rest of the comments. Thanks Mack for banning that guy. This thread was pretty good until he started flapping his mouth off. Too bad it didn't happen earlier because this thread seems like another "scar" on the MSH board. :(

Whoa now, I don't think I pushed the ban button on him but if I drove him away, awesome.

I use Grip Lites, A/C 7100s and Z-Cores - the sticks of benders.

I use Grip Lites, A/C 7100s and Z-Cores - the sticks of benders.

Hell, even my R2 XN10s qualify as discontinued now.