Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Fuel 120 AG Initial Thoughts

I received them last week. These are custom (in size only, left boot 11.75EEA, right boot 12EEA), everything else is stock.

f1201.jpg

f1202.jpg

f1203.jpg

I tried these on in Vegas and immediately knew that Mission is back on track. Interior-wise it is a bit softer than the S500 and the ankles aren't as defined as they were on the S500.

I skated on it last week and save for some shim work, they really skated well. My only (albeit slight) disappointment is the tongue and that is only because I was a big fan of the Pure Fly/S500 tongue. The 120 tongue does feel nice however - it's segmented so it has a bit of a flexy feel to it.

I haven't skated in a game yet as I have been going through some stuff, but will take the ice next week.

Nice Skates, I wanna get my hands on a pair of these skates but I dont want to go custom.

Not trying to hijack your thread but do you know when they are coming out in stores? :)

Yes, they are very nice skates. I just can't wear Missions because I find them too slim a fit. It's too bad because I wouldn't have a problem switching to them if they fit me better. Very innovative company with some good ideas. All I can say is if the fit is good stick with them. Great price with very decent quality skates.

Nice Skates, I wanna get my hands on a pair of these skates but I dont want to go custom.

Not trying to hijack your thread but do you know when they are coming out in stores? :)

Hockey Giant has one pair-10D

LINK

JR- what is your skating style? Are you a fluid-type, like a finesse forward? Or are you more of a "i'm gonna skate thru you" type? The reason i'm asking is that i'm the latter type and because of my past lower leg injuries (compound fracture above the ankle) i've been having leg problems since I started skating in my One90's last spring. I'm thinking about giving the 120AG's a try to see if it helps.

Dave

Skated Tuesday night for a bit - they still need some breaking-in to do - at least one more bake - but they feel pretty good. They wrap very well around my foot, but the only thing that I'm not liking is the tongue. I wish it were just a little bit stiffer.

How supple are these skates? Just curious how "strong" you ankles need to be in order to efficiently utilize missions. I've been skating for years and I've kindof shyed away from skates like these or the s500s due to that fear.

I remember years and years ago when I first skated Pure Fly - ankles wobbled a bit but after a couple of skates it was second nature. It's mental - no such thing as weak ankles - if they were too weak you couldn't walk.

JR, is the 120 boot more forgiving than the One90? Do you know if Mission would ship a blank boot? I'm looking to mount alternate holder. I've emailed Mission and no reply. Do you like the Pitch 3's? Not much of a weight freak but any idea what a size 8 weighs in at? Appreciate your feedback.

Do you know your runner length offhand? Is the toe box as comfortable as the One90? Do the 120's run true to size? Looking forward to skating in a pair as soon as my lhs gets them in.