Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miracleman4

Breakaway Moves

Backhand five hole like Alex Mogilny used to do a lot. It's pretty, and always gets a nice response from my teammates :)

That is actually the most flattering shot of the play I've seen. It cuts off before he pushes his linemates out of the way to celebrate solo.

He put the puck in the net. Man if i was that good and could do all those moves with such ease why not honestly. at the end of the day he made the most of where he was and put the puck in the net. hats off to him to have the balls to actually do it in a game and pull it off. I havnt seen when he celebrates by him self but thats not on.

If it was a tie game when he used that move, like Mike Legg, I might not have a problem with the goal itself. To do it when you're already up 5 or 6 goals is the definition of being a punk. The arrogance and selfishness of pushing away your teammates so you can celebrate at center ice by yourself is appalling.

Thanks for the help Ill try some of the stuff you guys mentioned in my next game.

As for what Crosby did Ive been seeing kids do that in Inline tournaments for years. Ive even done it myself in a tournament. I dont see it much in ice, but thats probably because if you do it in ice you will get beaten. But people have been doing that a long time before Crosby did it so noone should put the blame on him. Especially since people call it the Michigan because someone from U of Michigan did it in a college game. No one really said anything about it when that guy did it so I dont see what the big deal is about Crosby doing it. IMO hes an amazing player and if you can do stuff like that in games then do it.

The first guy to do it in a game was Billy Armstrong of the Detroit Vipers, he taught Legg the move. Now, everyone can do it. I guess if you have enough skill, you feel like you don't have to pass.

By the way, Legg's goal tied the game and they ended up winning. Crosby's team was already up 5 or 6 goals, there is a difference.

i can do that sedin move when you pull it back then through the legs on to the stick. but i tend to just open my blades, toe drag it in, back hand. easy and can be changed so quickly.

that is a nice move, but i didnt know his team was already winning by trhat much. anmd i didnt no that he like punched his team mate. no wonder don cherry hates him!

that kopecky move is probably my favorite. goalies can never track it down if you have a longer reach like i do.

Your right Eazy. I had some dead ice tonight so I pulled it while messing around with my buddies. They said that it doesn't fake them out fully, it just slows them down a little. I think it'd work better if you were playing strong side wing (left hand shot on left side of ice) on a two on one. That way it'd make it look like a pass more than a deke.

Definately, one on one, any quality D is pure chest, in that video he got kind've lucky and made the move as the D was extending he still didn't beat him, just got a little room to shoot. Nice move and all, just didn't work that well there IMO.

Your right Eazy. I had some dead ice tonight so I pulled it while messing around with my buddies. They said that it doesn't fake them out fully, it just slows them down a little. I think it'd work better if you were playing strong side wing (left hand shot on left side of ice) on a two on one. That way it'd make it look like a pass more than a deke.

maybe a bigger toe drag?

That is actually the most flattering shot of the play I've seen. It cuts off before he pushes his linemates out of the way to celebrate solo.

i haven't seen the one when he goes to center i just saw it when he like punches the first guy.

RE: Crosby's goal. I heard that he was very unfairly dumped on in the press for hot doging. The truth is he practiced that move very hard for over a month before using it when it was needed. Cut the guy some slack!

RE: Crosby's goal. I heard that he was very unfairly dumped on in the press for hot doging. The truth is he practiced that move very hard for over a month before using it when it was needed. Cut the guy some lack!

Used when it was needed? They were up 5-0, he deserved getting dumped on for it.

in my 14u club league if i'am on a break or 2-1 ill bring the puck back like i'am gonna rip a high wrist shot, then release but keeping the puck on the ground and aim for either the 5hole, or either posts. its works well if there is a screen in front.