Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin 1933

2008 Mission Product

The skates DO NOT fit true to Shoe size.

I have found the following:

Shoe size 10 and under: These fit 1 full size under (some even 1.5 under)

Shoe size 10.5 and above: These fit 1/2 size under (a few people fit 1 full size)

Me personally: 10 shoe...8.5 skate

I can't really comment on the width, but If you have a wide foot, go with the E/EE

Justin

is that for the new '08 skates only? if not it be a good idea to get all these online shops to adjust their sizing charts as most state that Missions fit true to US shoe size.

p.s. im trying to get my buddy to check out the Assasin skate before he buys the '07 CCM Vector 8.0's. from what i've found the Mission skate (at the same price point) has much better value and seems to a much better skate all around.

i just got a pair of Wicked 5's on sale ($210 - wOOt) and they're awesome. even aftr the 1st skate i had minimal foot pain (really only a touch of ankle)from break in.

they are 13EE and fit me great. im a 13US and usually take a 11EE Bauer or 11D CCM.

Justin,

do you remember when any of the pants or the gloves will hit the market? I havent seen the boss pants online yet or the lt. gloves and thats realy what i was looking for. thanks

Justin,

do you remember when any of the pants or the gloves will hit the market? I havent seen the boss pants online yet or the lt. gloves and thats realy what i was looking for. thanks

retail will have everything in november. some places may have it early to mid october.

ok well i saw the pants on iline warehouse but im still really looking for the lieutenant gloves. I felt them at statewars and I thought they felt amazing. My high school team is probably going to get a team set of the green boss pants which is going to be awsome. If anybody sees them(gloves), let me know.

I'm new to this forum but I wanted to give you guys my opinion on the Mission Roller Hockey line up for 2008. Justin, I agree with you on the new Mission syndicate skates as being by far the best skates Mission has produced for roller hockey. I'm a Bauer fan, not much into Mission equipment but after seen their new skates for 2008, I was very impressed. I was at my local hockey store here in SJ, CA back in Agust/07 looking at some skates and fortunately the Mission reps were there showing off their new line up. The guys were pretty cool about it and showed me their new skates, specially their high end Model, THE BOSS. I have skated on Bauers most of my playing career and owned one pair of Missions skates a while back and wasn't too happy with them, that's why I didn't care much about them. I looked at the Wicked line up as well and wasn't too impressed either. But Once I looked at their new Syndicate skates and tried own the boss skate, I was very impressed. The skate is very nicely built and it looks very nice with the white and black boot, white and green chassis. Everything that everyone has complained about the previous year models has been addressed on the new skates. The Boss is a bad ass looking skate and is very confortable too, compared to the Wicked 1 skates. The interior feels awsome. Not so hard and stiff like previous ones(wicked). A couple of my team mates have a pair of the Wicked skates(1,3) and all I hear from them is complaints about how stiff they are, how much it kills their ankles and how long it takes to break them in. I told the rep about their complaints from the Wicked skates and he agreed and even said that Wicked skate takes up to and probably longer than 3 months to break in but with the new 2008 SMission skates, the breaking period will be a lot less and less painful. Luckily for me, I was there at the right time and they offer me a 10% discount if I pre-ordered a pair. I couldn't pass on the offer. Too bad they didn't have my size, (8 1/2) and they would have sold me a pair right there and then. All their display models were size 9. Hopefully I'll be getting mine by 10/1/07, before anyone else, besides all the guys that have tested them. Basically what I think Mission did was take their Ice Hockey skate concept and used it to build the new roller hockey skates.

Check out this links and learn about their Ice Hockey skates "FUEL" and see how they build their lates ice hockey skates.

http://www.missionhockey.com/ice_hockey/TH...=1&prodID=1

http://www.missionhockey.com/ice_hockey/PODCASTS/index.asp

And for those that don't know if they run a size bigger or smaller than their shoe size. I'm a size 8 1/2 in shoe and I tried both the 9 and an 8/12 on an old model, so I figured they fit like your shoe size. Unlike my baurs, they run me one size smaller than my shoe size.

Here's a link if you haven't seen Mission's new Roller skates for 2008.

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/HocSkateMission.html

They have two lines ups, the entry-rec/int level and the intermediate-advance level line up which is called the Syndicate.

I Can't wait myself to get my hands on the "The Boss" skates. For $550 (boss) it's a steep price to pay for a pair of skates and the last time I shell out that much for a pair of skates was when I had customed made my Bauer Supreme 5000 with a Suregrip H405 frame back in 98-99. But I think the'll be worth it.

j

Are the 2008 skates in our LHS yet or will they be out towards the end of the month?

I was told by Mission reps that Inline Sports here in San Jose CA would have them by October 1. That's what their rep told me the release date would be but the shop said they usually delivered them sometime in mid Oct to early Novermber. RollinIce also said they won't have them until early November. I was lucky to have pre-ordered mine back in August when they were showing off their 2008 line up and they told me they would try and get them to me before the release date. But I haven't received them so I guess now I have to wait like everyone else. At least I got a 10% discount. Have you had a chance to check them out online?

J

I checked them out online and i'm pretty sure that i want to buy the Boss. Also even though i've had almost every mission skate since the first VSI i still have to try them on before i buy, i'm very picky when it comes to the fit of my skate. Thanks for the reply though!

I checked them out online and i'm pretty sure that i want to buy the Boss. Also even though i've had almost every mission skate since the first VSI i still have to try them on before i buy, i'm very picky when it comes to the fit of my skate. Thanks for the reply though!

I'm more of a Bauer fan and I been skating on Bauers only since I started playing back in 98. I once bought a pair of Mission VSI skates but I didn't like them at all. I also like to try on any skates before I buy them. I was lucky when the reps let me tried their sample skate on. I made sure those skates were better than any other Mission skates I have seen, including the Wickeds. It was funny how I told the reps of all the complaints I hear about the Wicked's and he agreed and said they had fixed all those problems with the new Syndicate skate. Let me know what you think when you try them on. Are you here in CA? Where do you play?

I'm in NY and play mostly in the NJ area as well as sometimes Long Island. I've taken time off for school past few years but i'm looking to get back into the tournament seen. No better way than a new pair of skates huh? lol. I will definitely give a review if i decide to purchase those skates. Thanks for the input.

Launch Plan:

Skates

Boss - October 22nd (week of)

Lieutenant - October 15th (week of)

Assassin - October 29th (week of)

Soldier - October 15th (week of)

DSX - SX - November 15th

Pant, Glove, Girdles, Goalie, BearingsAll Week of October 15th

Chassis and Wheels - Mid November

New WebSite will be up this week

Thanks,

Joe

The skates DO NOT fit true to Shoe size.

I have found the following:

Shoe size 10 and under: These fit 1 full size under (some even 1.5 under)

Shoe size 10.5 and above: These fit 1/2 size under (a few people fit 1 full size)

Me personally: 10 shoe...8.5 skate

I can't really comment on the width, but If you have a wide foot, go with the E/EE

Justin

I am unsure as to whether I have what is considered to be a wide foot or not.

I wear "R" Width size 11.5 Nike Bauer Accel Lites...size 13 shoe

would you recommend the EE or the D width for me? I assume I would wear a size 12?

Has anybody seen the vanguard chassis anywhere online besides inlinewarehouse?

Also one of my friends wants to buy a pair of boss skates, but there's no lhs around here that carries mission, he measuered his biggest foot to be ca.10,7inches in lenght. What size would that translate to? (he uses a 7D vector 10.0 atm)

well i just purchased the boss skate about 1 hour ago. I had them baked and man do they feel comfortable as all heck so far. I know it can be a different story when you skate in them but we will see. I hope to skate within the next few days or so i'll give a review!!!

Well i skated for about an hour with them. I think the left boot is going to have to be punched on the inner aspect of my foot (near my navicular bone). I always have a problem with mission skates and that area because my bone is slightly enlarged on that side (accessory navicular). The right skate posed no problem for me. The skates overall are very fast with the vanguard frame and hyper trinity wheels. The boot is stiff in the right spots. Turning IMO was amazing i was cutting turns like on ice. Definitely one of the sharpest looking skates I have ever seen in person, I received many compliments. So many compliments i felt i had to back up the look of the skates with my game playing lol!! I think once they are fully broken in and i get that spot punched they will be amazing skates. I'm a little nervous about punching the boot out because i dont want to mess anything up, but the pressure on that part of my foot is just too much. More reviews to come.

Why are the Assassins the only skates(of the top 4 tiers) advertised with hyper Saturn wheels while the other ones have rink rat wheels? I"m disappointed because I loved the rink rat wheels.

Why are the Assassins the only skates(of the top 4 tiers) advertised with hyper Saturn wheels while the other ones have rink rat wheels? I"m disappointed because I loved the rink rat wheels.

Not exactly true... The top 4 are split evenly between Hyper and Rink Rat. The Boss uses Hyper Trinity Flex wheels. From what I have heard the Hyper wheels are pretty good, I haven't used Hyper in years but hopefully these new ones will be alright.

yep..That is an international skate...I think in Canada there is a version similar...The skate is basically a re-colored BSX with some small changes...

I wouldn't be afraid of punching the skate if needed. They will hold up just fine. Glad to see you are enjoying the new skates!

I actually did have them punched in the 1 spot. I have this problem with pressure on most of my mission skates (due to my foot not the skate) and as of now it has helped somewhat. I may actually have it punched slightly more but i want to skate a bunch more times until i make that decision.

anybody have any feedback on the new mission thorax advantage girdle. I also noticed last years model as well which looks pretty nice. I have the D1 girdle and I am looking to upgrade. I have been happy with the mission girdles. thanks.