Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin 1933

2008 Mission Product

Ok for me it's done

it's gonna be => lieutenant boot on white vanguard (from the BOSS) :rolleyes: :P

I really like the "new" white vanguard with the big MISSION on it, it has a better fit with the particular shape of that chassis. The black one from the wicked 1 was ugly...

is it me... or is the second wheel on the Lieutenant a little higher than the rest of the wheels? just looking at the reflection in the glass below the skates. The wheel doesnt seem to be inline with the rest.

wow didn't even see that until you said it. those are some good eyes you have there. B)

The 1st and 3rd wheels look like 76s and the 2nd and 4th wheels look like 80s, going from back to front. But, being that the new skates will employ the Vanguard chassis, the wheel setup will undoubtedly be 80-80-76-76.

Floor, what are you talking about.

Everyone is saying that the 2nd wheel is shorter than the other wheels. But you say they're taller?

WTF?

could be just something to do witht the lighting. Doesnt matter, dont think Mission will go away from the hilo setup.

Also, the 'M' at the front of the chassis... does that mean magnesium? or just a logo? I think the ones on the 10k's did say "MG", and the wicked ones did have it as well...

Anyway, cant wait to get those. Cant seem to get used to the S500's I've got... if anyone is interested, let me know. The prices I have in the sell section are negotiable...

Everyone is saying that the 2nd wheel is shorter than the other wheels. But you say they're taller?

WTF?

Yeah, check it out. Looking at the skate from back to front, or left to right if you will, it looks like the 1st and 3rd wheels are not making contact with the floor. It appears as if there is "space" between the bottom of the wheels and their reflections.

It's really much ado about nothing.

I like how these new skates have the Mission logo embossed on the lower 1/4s and side abrasion guards. It also appears as if these skates don't have a gimmick, like past vert eyelets or skate locks like my CCMs have. It looks like a pretty simple straightforward boot.

I'm curious to see what the next-in-line Syndicate will look like. Although I'm not in the market to buy any skates soon, I really like the looks of the Boss and most especially, the Lieutenant. I'll never buy the top-of-the-line skate so I'm looking more at the Lieutenant and whatever comes next, I don't know, maybe the Treasurer.

I wonder if these skates will come with the same stiffness ratings as the Wickeds. 8/6 on my 5s seem most ideal for me.

Justin, sorry if this has already been asked but i was wondering if the tongues on the 08 skate line are going to be thin like on the wickeds or will they be beefed up again like previous years?

They will be plenty stiff, but will also have more range of Motion....

Throw in "bomb proof" and === BooYAH!!! Dream skates!!! :D

WTF?

Yeah, check it out. Looking at the skate from back to front, or left to right if you will, it looks like the 1st and 3rd wheels are not making contact with the floor. It appears as if there is "space" between the bottom of the wheels and their reflections.

It's really much ado about nothing.

I like how these new skates have the Mission logo embossed on the lower 1/4s and side abrasion guards. It also appears as if these skates don't have a gimmick, like past vert eyelets or skate locks like my CCMs have. It looks like a pretty simple straightforward boot.

I'm curious to see what the next-in-line Syndicate will look like. Although I'm not in the market to buy any skates soon, I really like the looks of the Boss and most especially, the Lieutenant. I'll never buy the top-of-the-line skate so I'm looking more at the Lieutenant and whatever comes next, I don't know, maybe the Treasurer.

I wonder if these skates will come with the same stiffness ratings as the Wickeds. 8/6 on my 5s seem most ideal for me.

IDK, if you look at both skates, they have the Hi Lo symbol on the back of the chassis (IIii looking thing). If that's on there, I'm gonna say it's a 76-76-80-80 setup.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like this skate has the same fiberglass outsole and the same chassis as the Wicked Light 5. It already has the same Rink Rat Hornet wheels. I guess the 3rd tier skate will have Hot Shots.

maaaannnnnnn... those are sweeet!

I like all the embossing on the split fingers... makes it look like some skeletal fingers or something

Tighter than wicked, but with stretch in the fingers and palm...As for looking Fuelish? The Fuel glove is basically a rolled glove with an articulated wrap cuff....

Definitely two different fits and looks I think...

As for the chassis discussion up above: 80,80,76,76...No difference from last year...

Tighter than wicked, but with stretch in the fingers and palm...As for looking Fuelish? The Fuel glove is basically a rolled glove with an articulated wrap cuff....

As for the chassis discussion up above: 80,80,76,76...No difference from last year...

The lines on the gloves look similair, along with the colors and 3 piece fingers is looks similair to me.

The lines on the gloves look similair, along with the colors and 3 piece fingers is looks similair to me.

Much closer to Kingpins. They are an improvement on last years, but I am still not very high on their look.

The boots look GREAT though. B)

Will there be an all-white colour scheme for the gloves? It would be disappointing if there isn't an all-white coloured glove considering Mission (Roller) Hockey has been known for it.