Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dare to Dream 1980

Weird but just take a look

Has anyone every had a feeling where you know you can play up to someone else potential but when you finally play with them you just get knocked right back down low.

I am a Central States (AA) hockey player, trying to impress the Chicago Young Americans AAA midget minor coach (im a 92) but whenever i think about what i can do, i can stay with the AAA players without a doubt but i just cant find the right jive and play up with them and when i play with my old team i always seem to play like im AAA and walk right around them and i just cant seem to put the right person in the right place.

has anyone else every felt this way because its killing me?

That's what happenend last year to one of the Medicine Hat Tigers prospects, Jordie Deagle.

He got traded early this year, but he spent last year working on improving his footspeed and being the best player in Midget AAA.

Dare To Dream whats your AA club? Im a 91 mm in IL, all the AAA coaches are looking for solid players and dont worry about who plays what level just go out there and play your game, theres many AA players that can play AAA and AAA that shouldnt play AAA just think your playing with your old team and you will do fine.

I agree with what everyone said in here, you think too much. A big part of hockey is mental and you won't do anything good if you are not confident and nervous. Just tell yourself you are underestimated and that those AAA guys can't do anything against you. Give all you can. A nervous mind will lead to nervous legs, hands and nervous plays which means errors. You don't want any of those.

Something I'd recommend is get into the change rooms and get changed before everyone else. Whilst waiting for your ice time get your Ipod on. Close your eyes and hold onto your stick, now think about doing the right things, moving in centre ice with the puck, making plays, then moving in on forward zone and creating a goal. Keep thinking about the plays you've succeded in and when you get out there you will have a clear mind.

Make sure you are not "pumping yourself up" too much as this will be counter productive and cause you to be too gung ho as opposed to composed and patient.