Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

NHL Awards Nominations

Hart -Crosby

Vezina -Luongo

Norris -Pronger

Calder -Staal

Lady Bing - Datsyuk

Selke- Brind'Amour

Jack Adams- Michel Therrien

I think Staal will get the Calder.. I know Malkins a dynamic player, and has more points, but I think Staal shows up every shift and is there in crunch time more than Malkin. A bunch of shorties, a hat trick and being more gritty, I think he deserves it just as much as, if not more than Malkin. Sorry whoever the other candidate is, your not gonna win either way.

Hart -Crosby

Vezina -Luongo

Norris -Lidstrom

Calder -Staal

Lady Bing - Sakic

Selke- Brind'Amour

Jack Adams- Michel Therrien

Other candidate for the Calder is Paul Stastny who broke Selanne's rookie point streak record, but I'm still calling for Staal to take it home.

My picks:

Hart : Luongo

Vezina : Luongo

Norris : Pronger

Calder : Stasny

Lady Byng : St. Louis

Selke : Pahlsson

Jack Adams : Alain Vigneault

Staal is so overrated, IMO.

Hart: Crosby or Luongo, either is a good pick

Vezina: Luongo

Norris: Lidstrom

Calder: Malkin

Selke: Brind'Amour

Lady Byng: Sakic

Jack Adams: Ron Wilson should be an option

Hart : Crosby

Norris : Lidstrom

Calder : Malkin

Lady Byng : Datsyuk

Jack Adams : Michel Therrien

Hart: Crosby

Calder: Stastny

Selke: Brindamour

Lady Byng: Sakic without a doubt

Jack Adams: Lindy Ruff

Hart:Crosby

Vezina:Luongo

Norris:Lidstrom

Calder:Malkin

Selke:Brind'Amour

Lady Bing:Datsyuk

Jack Adams:Lindy Ruff

I still can't beleive that Anze Kopitar wasn't nominated for the Calder.

Hart: Luongo

Calder: Malkin - Vlasic would have been my choice, if nominated

Lady Byng: Sakic

Selke: Pahlsson

Jack Adams: Vigneault - Carlyle should have been nominated at least

Hart: Crosby

Vezina: Brodeur

Calder: Malkin

Selke: Brind'Amour, though I think Pahlsson will get it

Byng: Sakic

Jack Adams: I can't believe that Ted Nolan wasn't even nominated for this. Most likely due to what Simon/Hill did, both of which I don't think Nolan should be blamed for. All Ruff had to do was make sure he gave a good amount of ice time to all his 30 goal scorers and Vigneault just pat Luongo on the shoulder to say get in there (maybe extra points if he's able to tell the Sedins apart when they're not in jersey). I'd even say Renney deserves a nomination, but Nolan without a doubt

Vezina - Brodeur. He broke an old record for wins so I think they have to award him for that. Otherwise what the hell else can he do to win it??

Better GAA, Save % and more than twice as many SO.

Nolan didn't have that great of a season, sure he made the playoffs, but that's it. He also had a much more talented team, overall, than Vigneault.

I agree with people that say Carlyle should've been nominated, he did a good job. But so did Wilson, Trotz, Babcock and Murray. Many coaches did great this year, but you can't have all of them running for the Jack Adams. I think the candidates, except for the Calder, where I think Kopitar should've been there, all deserve to be nominated and were the best out there this season.

i can not figure out why staal is there, if everyone seems to think his defensive play makes him worthy, what about vlasic? malkin deserves to be there, as does stasny, but no kopitar or vlasic? vlasic plays the most minutes of any deman on a top end team and kopitar averaged more minutes then almost everyone on the kings, if kopitar didnt miss those last games at the end he gets nominated.

The only reason I can see Staal being nominated and not Kopitar is because Staal played a solid role on a good, playoff team. Kopitar was one of the best players on a very weak team. I'm not trying to say that Staal>Kopitar because from what I saw this year it was the other way around, just thats how some people probably think of it. That argument doesn't hold up with Vlasic though.

Masterson- Boucher

completely agreed. had a really rough year off the ice with his parents health and still managed some outstanding play.

My picks:

Hart : Luongo

Norris : Pronger

Calder : Stasny

Lady Byng : St. Louis

Jack Adams : Alain Vigneault

Staal is so overrated, IMO.

I sign that.

The only reason I see Staal being nominated is because of his plus/minus and leading the league in Shorthanded goals. His shooting percent was also pretty good.

Nolan didn't have that great of a season, sure he made the playoffs, but that's it. He also had a much more talented team, overall, than Vigneault.

I guess the fact that a lot of 'experts' (and people on here) picked the Islanders to be dead last in the whole NHL doesn't make it at all impressive that they made the playoffs. :rolleyes: Not to mention he was able to get Yashin to play at an elite level for 2 or 3 consecutive months, which is about 2 more months then any of his other coaches have :lol:

i can not figure out why staal is there, if everyone seems to think his defensive play makes him worthy, what about vlasic? malkin deserves to be there, as does stasny, but no kopitar or vlasic? vlasic plays the most minutes of any deman on a top end team and kopitar averaged more minutes then almost everyone on the kings, if kopitar didnt miss those last games at the end he gets nominated.

Staal had some very clutch goals this season and his defensive play and PK work makes him worthy of mention. He has practically no assists though.

He's the player that everyone knows about, but considers underrated because nobody is supposed to know about him. He's got this reputation of being unknown, but everyone knows about him.