Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jokerit1967

Graf Canada SUCKS - run like a Mickey Mouse Operation

a couple of years back i got a pair of g'3s and after 7 months of using them the boot completely tore off the holder.. i phoned graf and they said I had to ship them in, so i did and after 6 months of waiting they told me that i would get a new pair free of charge. I finally got the new pair of skates 6 months later, so i had to wait 1 year in total. It took forever to get the new pair, but i eventually got them. I now am in one90's

Look at the NHL 10 yrs ago and look at it now. They have so few players in their skates. Don't use that argument that players get money to wear gear, because it's just not going to work. It was a great skate 10 yrs ago (and it still is if that is what you want), but the market is shifting towards technology. Time has passed them by.

they have alot of players in there skates, they pretty much own the goal skate at the NHL level from what I see and they have alot of players wearing there skates not as many as nike/bauer but alot though

Look at the NHL 10 yrs ago and look at it now. They have so few players in their skates. Don't use that argument that players get money to wear gear, because it's just not going to work. It was a great skate 10 yrs ago (and it still is if that is what you want), but the market is shifting towards technology. Time has passed them by.

they have alot of players in there skates, they pretty much own the goal skate at the NHL level from what I see and they have alot of players wearing there skates not as many as nike/bauer but alot though

There are a lot of guys in Grafs despite not having a "free" marketing or endorsement program and such. Maybe perhaps Graf does need to wake up and change their way of thinking and take baby steps towards that.

Their customer service just sucks plan and simple. Forget marketing, Their marketing themselves as a boutique brand.... Fine, but the only problem is they lack the qualities that most boutique brands carry.

Let me give an example of a "boutique brand" from another industry, Zaino car polishes. His prices are high compared to the rest of the industry. He doesn't care, Because he feels he has a great product that people want and in order to support that product properly he has to charge xx amount of dollars. And you can see that his company cares about customer service above all else, Your emails are answered very fast and usual by the owner of the company.. If something is not right with the product you purchase, he'll pay for it or if it causes damage it's not supposed to- he'll pay for it. It's very clear from threads on this board and my personally experiences, Once you buy the product you just become an inconvenience plain and simple.

Sogaduch, Since you seem to deal with GRAF Canada pretty regularly- Why don't you forward your contact the link to this thread.

Bottom line I get from this thread, People like the product... But their not going to pay big $$ for a product that has little to no customer service when help is needed or a warranty issue occurs.

There's 4% of the NHL in the skate. They have the same amount as Mission. Way down from 10 yrs ago.

I'm not sure if Graf's problems are due to conflicting ideas as to what their business philosophy should be or if they have made some bad management hires and have a poor training program.. Or perhaps saving $$$ by keeping their customer service department numbers low or with temps. I dont know, but Graf Canada does need to re-evaluate their customer service department. It seems to me that there is very little communication between different aspects of the company, and customer service isnt able to follow up on anything.

I'm not sure if Graf's problems are due to conflicting ideas as to what their business philosophy should be or if they have made some bad management hires and have a poor training program.. Or perhaps saving $$$ by keeping their customer service department numbers low or with temps. I dont know, but Graf Canada does need to re-evaluate their customer service department. It seems to me that there is very little communication between different aspects of the company, and customer service isnt able to follow up on anything.

I agree totally...

At the end of the day, if sending another pair of skates to a customer if only to prouve that you stand behind your product is too much to ask, then why are you doing business...

I had a problem with there product, my LHS verified and agreed that this problem was a construction issue and that he could not fix in store and GRAF basicly flipped us both the bird :rolleyes: saying that I was the problem

Even if I was, would you not even try to replace if not even 1 boot just to prouve your point?

I agree totally...

Same here, just bought my kid Vector Pros-turned down a great deal on Grafs from a shop that wasn't going to carry Grafs any more.

Yep, even Jagr decided to switch to one90s, which says something. I guess we are all just too lowly and unimportant to understand the coveted "Graf Philosophy". Why would they want to sell their wonderful product to unfit amateurs like us?

There's 4% of the NHL in the skate. They have the same amount as Mission. Way down from 10 yrs ago.

Why is that? Is it quality? Lack of exposure? I've seen a large number of HS and Junior kids in Grafs, but I'm not sure if that will carry over to the NHL.

I am glad their big boy Jagr switched out of them this year after hearing their douchebag way of handling customers.

I doubt it had anything to do with that, but perhaps lucrative endorsements plus he's been skating in the same Grafs for the majority of his career. Perhaps felt like changing, and apparently the Bauer One90s are much lighter and that probably makes a difference to an aging superstar whose game is predicated on his skating ability.

Why is that? Is it quality? Lack of exposure? I've seen a large number of HS and Junior kids in Grafs, but I'm not sure if that will carry over to the NHL.

I doubt it had anything to do with that, but perhaps lucrative endorsements plus he's been skating in the same Grafs for the majority of his career. Perhaps felt like changing, and apparently the Bauer One90s are much lighter and that probably makes a difference to an aging superstar whose game is predicated on his skating ability.

I hardly see anyone skating in Graf, at any level. It's highly doubtful that Jagr switched to one90s simply because they weigh a bit less- a guy like Jagr is already in such great condition that a slightly lighter skate is not going to make a difference to him. One90s are one of the best skates out there now, and it's not just because they're light. Graf has missed the boat on new skate designs.

I hardly see anyone skating in Graf, at any level. It's highly doubtful that Jagr switched to one90s simply because they weigh a bit less- a guy like Jagr is already in such great condition that a slightly lighter skate is not going to make a difference to him. One90s are one of the best skates out there now, and it's not just because they're light. Graf has missed the boat on new skate designs.

Where are you at? I see a lot of Grafs/Flexlites and Vapors at the Junior A level. Mainly USHL and NAHL, along with HS hockey but the Vapors seem to be the dominant brand out there, but the Bauer One90 is quickly catching up as well, especially with younger players.

If you're looking around the ushl you'll have too look pretty hard to find a pair of graf skates, most of the kids wear the 9k's with pretty much everyone else in the vapors

After reading the email from their President to the customer who started this thread, you can see customer service does not come from the top. And if it doesn't start there with a strong commitment, it just gets worse as you flow down the chain to the monkey answering phones. They've created a culture where no one needs to try and impress a customer.

I too was considering Grafs, but no more. God forbid I'd have any issue with them.

If you're looking around the ushl you'll have too look pretty hard to find a pair of graf skates, most of the kids wear the 9k's with pretty much everyone else in the vapors

What games do you go to? You'll see a smattering of 9ks/Grafs/Flexlites, but overwhelmingly the skates tend to be the Vapors, even though I have seen a few 8090s out there as well.

To make a long story short, Graf should be trying to win customers, not the other way around. I'm not trying to scale the Himalayas to get a damn pair of skates.

To make a long story short, Graf should be trying to win customers, not the other way around. I'm not trying to scale the Himalayas to get a damn pair of skates.

not at the prices they are today...

I see a few pairs of Graf around, including my well made but too long 704's made in Switzerland. Even those have a small inconsistancy. If I look at the bottoms the left Tuuk looks to be mounted farther to the outside of the boot, but a closer look shows the outsole is wider. On the right boot the leather

comes farther around, if I am explaining that correctly. They have still been a good skate.

I see a few pairs of Graf around, including my well made but too long 704's made in Switzerland. Even those have a small inconsistancy. If I look at the bottoms the left Tuuk looks to be mounted farther to the outside of the boot, but a closer look shows the outsole is wider. On the right boot the leather

comes farther around, if I am explaining that correctly. They have still been a good skate.

yeah there the worst for that

What games do you go to? You'll see a smattering of 9ks/Grafs/Flexlites, but overwhelmingly the skates tend to be the Vapors, even though I have seen a few 8090s out there as well.

There are a lot of Vapors and a few of the others but the ushl has a deal with ccm/rbk and it is my understanding that there is a minimum # of the kids who must wear ccm/rbk skates and the majority of them are in the 9k's as for Graf the trainer here refuses to buy the kids graf skates.

Surprisigly , I sent them a e-mai last night abd 12hours later i got an answer !

I have to meet a vendor about custom skates . Right now it`s pretty much the only option i have . I have tried every single skate , after noticing my 8k`s were killing me to a point of hardly walking after a game .The only skate that was comfy was the 709 and then i still have to get them modified !

sidenote : reason for 8k`s

I went with the 8ks back then because of two reasons .

1- Top skate on the market 2 years ago

2- Been playing with CCM all my life

But notice that the skate i had before ( wich were stolen from me :angry: ) They were custom made for me back when i was junior because of my weird feet !

I will let you know how things will go from there !

Surprisigly , I sent them a e-mai last night abd 12hours later i got an answer !

Not sure about everyone else but your getting a reply in 12 hours doesn't make me happy. Those of us with complaints about defects are ignored-a potential customer gets a quick answer.

Better hope you don't have any problems if you do buy Grafs, my times too valuable to chase companies that don't stand behind their products....just take my money elsewhere.

I was surprised because , i have never dealt with them , but i don`t have much choice !