Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

28 Weeks Later

All right, I loved the first one and had reservations of how they'd manage a sequel but I think it outdoes the original. I'm not a fan of the spasm shaky cam for most movies but I think it's used effectively in this one. Virus aside, the actions taken in reaction to the outbreak seem frighteningly realistic.

In my opinion this is what a zombie movie should be like. This is probably the best zombie movie I have seen even though at some times it seemed like there were some pretty unrealistic things to further the plot along. But plot aside it was a pretty well filmed movie.

I totally agree Mack (wow I can't believe I just said that). I read somewhere that the filmmakers wanted some similarities between what is happening in real life with the War and the "War" against the virus in the movie.

The only thing in the movie I really didn't like was the end, cause it seemed kinda forced and unless you paid an extreme amount of attention to one specific scene, the ending kinda wouldn't make sense to some people. (Pardon this, I didn't want to go into too much detail and ruin things for people, so I know I'm kinda vague in my description)

I didn't like 28 days later but this actually looks good. 28 days later had a nice presentation but wasn't the least bit scary and was pretty predictable.

Is 28 weeks later also littered with pepsi advertisements?

nothing says mothers day like a dystopian horror.

Relax, Ziggy, HBO has "The Omen" on for light-hearted matriarchal hijinx.

In my opinion this is what a zombie movie should be like. This is probably the best zombie movie I have seen even though at some times it seemed like there were some pretty unrealistic things to further the plot along. But plot aside it was a pretty well filmed movie.

Its not a zombie movie.

Well a virus movie then I suppose, but the virus did change people pretty close to having zombie like features.

I'm pretty sure its commonly accepted as a Zombie movie. I haven't seen either, but I'm planning on seeing 28 days later soon since I liked the previews for 28 weeks.

I've heard mixed reviews of it though from people I know who saw it. A couple guys I play paintball with said it was a letdown

I consider it a Zombie movie. With that said, I can't go into it with expectations higher than the zombie movie bar.. which is pretty low. 28 days later was pretty good though and i'm sure I wont be too let down on this one.

*Spoilers*

Well it's open-ended like that on purpose. The end result is that the infection has spread to France when it had been contained before. What happened to the three in the chopper is up for interpretation. It made you lead to believe that Andy had an immunity to the virus like his mum, but was still a carrier, so he's the reason it's now loose.

The movie focuses on the pilot's picture from his kid making me think that it wasn't a planned landing and something happened to them. My assumption is the pilot and/or the sister got infected and turned, then spread it.

*More Spoilers*

It is addressed early in the movie that Andy shares a genetic trait with his mother, his two colored eyes. So after his mom attacks him and then when his dad also does at the end, he still doesn't show signs of infection. Which like Mack said leads you to believe that he has the same kind of immunity to the virus that his mom had.

Well from what Doyle says to Michael (using his LOST characters name, I can't remember his 28 Weeks Later name) is that he wants to fly the kids across the Channel to get them out of London. One can only assume that he wanted to get them to France. So I don't think that the landing wasn't planned, he was just going by what Doyle told him before he died.

*Spoilers*

Well it's open-ended like that on purpose. The end result is that the infection has spread to France when it had been contained before. What happened to the three in the chopper is up for interpretation. It made you lead to believe that Andy had an immunity to the virus like his mum, but was still a carrier, so he's the reason it's now loose.

The movie focuses on the pilot's picture from his kid making me think that it wasn't a planned landing and something happened to them. My assumption is the pilot and/or the sister got infected and turned, then spread it.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, although i didn't rule out the possibility of the chopper maybe being shot down. I feel bad for that Andy kid though he can't catch a break. I wanted to catch what was being said over the radio in the helicoter before it got cut off but I couldn't really hear. Now the question is can they pull off a third.

Also, my friend seems to believe humans are on their way to engineering a virus like this and that it is a big time posibility. Any bio engineers here want to add to this discussion?

The thing I didn't really get was why the zombies didn't eat each other even though the dad ate the mother who technically had the virus but was immune to it.

To stave off starvation? I guess their sustenance is somehow tied to their ability to spread the virus.

just saw this last night. i loved the action in this one better than the first, but the first just had a much more involving storyline i thought. still, a very entertaining movie.