Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

Alternate Jerseys in Playoffs?

I thought the original switch was partly for merchandise sales reasons- Road jerseys didn't sell as well for some reason or something?

The original switch was because it forced teams to carry additional sets of equipment if they were on the road and they had to play a team who wore their 3rd jersey (which were all dark).

By switching to white on the road, the home teams could wear their thirds whenever they wanted, and not inconvenience the road team.

Good move, putting the home team back in white. The way it is now, every game in Detroit is Red vs. White. Boring. Now at least it'll be White vs. Black or Navy or Red, because that's pretty much the only colors teams wear anymore.

I think all pre-1990 teams should be required to wear the same colors they wore in the 70s and 80s. Everything's too black/dark these days. I miss the Oilers in bright blue with the orange shoulders... Buffalo and Vancouver look great in their dark throwbacks, do the same with their whites... Dallas can wear the old North Stars' green... Caps in red/white/blue... etc. etc.

Good move, putting the home team back in white. The way it is now, every game in Detroit is Red vs. White. Boring. Now at least it'll be White vs. Black or Navy or Red, because that's pretty much the only colors teams wear anymore.

I think all pre-1990 teams should be required to wear the same colors they wore in the 70s and 80s. Everything's too black/dark these days. I miss the Oilers in bright blue with the orange shoulders... Buffalo and Vancouver look great in their dark throwbacks, do the same with their whites... Dallas can wear the old North Stars' green... Caps in red/white/blue... etc. etc.

the caps are releasing a new jersey in red/white/blue at the draft

I know someone who has seen them all and said that he's quite disappointed - a lot of teams have ditched horizontal stripes. Says it's like the NFL - vertical stripes spilling into the pants. Luckily, NYR did not change their look.

I know someone who has seen them all and said that he's quite disappointed - a lot of teams have ditched horizontal stripes. Says it's like the NFL - vertical stripes spilling into the pants. Luckily, NYR did not change their look.

That was the word two years ago, sorry to hear that the negative feedback didn't sway them.

I heard about that... good move.

I'm NOT looking forward to the new designs.

I heard about that... good move.

I'm NOT looking forward to the new designs.

me neither i love the classic jersey and despise those ones they wore at the all star game :angry: not happy bout the caps jerseys in particular seeing as i just bought one a few months back and its gonna be out of use next season

Those jerseys worn at the ASG seemed tight on a lot of players' elbow pads, some of them didn't even put the sleeves all the way down.

I liked 3rd jerseys. A bit of variety but yes some of them are ugly.

The NYR statue of liberty jersey was the first jersey I ever bought. I still like that design

If you see your team play a fair share of games it's better to see the other team's jersey's live since you see a wider range of colours and jerseys.

If you see your team play a fair share of games it's better to see the other team's jersey's live since you see a wider range of colours and jerseys.

More time was probably spent talking about whether teams should wear white or dark sweaters at home. After much debate, and many proposals and votes that did not provide a majority, it was decided to maintain the status quo and home teams would continue to wear dark jerseys next season.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/bob_mckenzie/

These guys could fuck up a one car parade.

so are the caps the only ones wearing the new edge jerseys? i like the new logo and colors but not the jerseys.

oh ok, i thought they were all gonna be the same but different colors, it's definitely good that they're not.