Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

godiogo

Another tight fitting glove

After playing with NBH One90 gloves for four months, I've decided I can't wear them anymore because every time I play I have to wrap both my pinkies, otherwise the inside of the upper knuckle on both gets badly chewed.

Aside from that I think the gloves are excellent, and was wondering what other gloves offer a similarly 'tight' fit as I look for new ones.

I'm not putting them on sale because my brother's already claimed them.

Besides the supreme series no current glove is as tight fitting. The Vapor XXs are close but still not as tight. You can also look at the response, the stealths, rbks, vectors and from what I recall the new "wicked" mission gloves. All those are going to be slightly looser but certainly not loose.

The stealth gloves have shorter fingers than the supreme series so that might be an issue... or they might make the glove feel tighter than they actually are.

The response glove will probably be the only thing similar to streamline like the one90s, although I haven't seen the new vectors or 9ks... but last year's vectors and rbks were a bit bulky compared to the supremes.

Thanks TBL, I'll look into it.

If you are looking for the increase mobility/dexterity from the one90, try some lacrosse gloves-I've used them for hockey before. THe main difference being is that the thumb doesn't have the hard plastic, but I can't remember the last time I got slashed hard enough to notice.

Plus, you can get lax gloves on the cheap. Well, compared to the one90s, anyway.

Thanks TBL, I'll look into it.

If you are looking for the increase mobility/dexterity from the one90, try some lacrosse gloves-I've used them for hockey before. THe main difference being is that the thumb doesn't have the hard plastic, but I can't remember the last time I got slashed hard enough to notice.

Plus, you can get lax gloves on the cheap. Well, compared to the one90s, anyway.

I considered that, but after reading the forum about lax equipment for hockey I don't think I'd want to sacrifice any protection around my hands because I play classical guitar.

Maybe you just got a bad pair. I returned my first pair of one90's to nikebauer because the bad stitching inside the left glove really chewed up my hand. They sent me a new pair and I've had no problems eversince.

Maybe you just got a bad pair. I returned my first pair of one90's to nikebauer because the bad stitching inside the left glove really chewed up my hand. They sent me a new pair and I've had no problems eversince.

I thought about doing that, but there are no LHS here in Brazil, which make shipping and import taxes an issue.

Has anyone tried Warrior gloves or the RBK 9K gloves?

The warrior glove series is bulky, although they are about as tight as the others I mentioned. Very nice gloves but a little bulky. I have to assume that the 9K gloves are similar to the 8Ks, less bulky than the warriors but bulkier than the supremes.

I second the He750. It may have been because mine were pro-stocks, but they were very tight fitting. Hockey Monkey may still have some on sale.

My Vapor XX's have the perfect amount of tightness accross the palms and finger tips. Really a great glove for feeling the puck on your stick, whether shooting, passing or puckhandling, I never want to use a different glove.

Highly recommend.

every time I play I have to wrap both my pinkies, otherwise the inside of the upper knuckle on both gets badly chewed.

Well i dont want to start whining or something, i just want to state a question. I got my gloves this afternoon and while sitting in front of the TV or on the PC i wear them to break them in and just to feel them. Anyways, i also notice something like godiogo, the inside of my pinkyknuckle (the one under the fingernail) is itching and when i look at it its red and kinda burns. I think if its like this when i just wear them at the house, how bad will it be when im playing.

Any idea how to fix that?

I got mine via Ebay and they are pretty new, tho i got no receipt..