Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidious

Tennis !

i've played with a few ranked players in Quebec and know many more of them personally, so i'm defintely aware of what i am capable of. the thing is that there aren't as many tournaments in Quebec as opposed to the US, so the depth of players is not as strong.

Lots of questions on the tape thing. Take a piece of duct tape or athletic tape about five inches long and a half inch wide. Wrap it around your two center mains below your bottom cross. Wrap it around and around and around those two strings for as long as the tape will last. If you want you can make a complete pocket by taking another piece of thinner tape and wrapping the other way and closing up the ends. A rubber band is much easier, but I used to get bored on the team bus and in hotel rooms....

Wow this thread is awesome, tennis is practically my life in the summer. My local courts are Har-Tru (Clay stuff) and I'm the loser whot sweeps them and rolls them witha steamroller thing that's about 40 years old (my dad used to use it when they first bought it...second hand :lol: ). I am currently using a Babolat Drive Z-Tour which is so sweet! Love Babolat rackets, Prince too.

We should organize an MSH Tennis Tournament, eh? It sounds like there are more than a few people here who could whip me pretty good, which is a challenge I'm always looking for.

I've got myself a couple Babolat AeroPro Drive rackets strung with Gamma 18 gauge "Professional" string.

Tennis was another sport to which my father introduced me at a relatively young age. He had a friend growing-up who was a nationally ranked amateur, so my dad was kind of "nasty by association." Throw-in the fact that my father is/was über-competitive (anyone seen "The Great Santini"? - well..that was a fairly accurate representation of my childhood), and I got pretty decent pretty quick.

In summers past, if I wasn't at the rink, at the ball field or on the golf course, I was probably playing tennis. There are a few lighted courts in the area, so I was usually playing until 1 or 1:30 in the morning (then I'd go home, catch a few hours sleep, wake-up around 7:30 and start another sport-filled day). One of my buddies played in the Empire State Games, so he was always 1) ready to play and 2) able to teach me a thing or two each day. Any weekends when I didn't have hockey or baseball meant I was free to play in whatever tennis tournament my buddy was playing in that week.

Unfortunately, I tore my ACL and MCL last summer and have spent just about all of my time since then re-habing and trying to get myself ready for next hockey season. I've been out to whack a handful of times, but I haven't been in any intensive matches - friendly or otherwise. I can't wait to get out and really start hitting again, though.

Nice, it's cool to hear about how we got better at tennis, which isn't an easy sport for beginners.

Personally, i got better at a young age playing alone on a wall. The perfect training partner; never misses but still lets you try anything.

Nice, it's cool to hear about how we got better at tennis, which isn't an easy sport for beginners.

Personally, i got better at a young age playing alone on a wall. The perfect training partner; never misses but still lets you try anything.

Reminds me of Mitch Hedberg: "I've been getting pretty good at tennis lately but no matter how good i get i'll never be as good as a wall. I played a wall once it was fkn relentless"

I'm pretty suprised of how much better i've gotten in the 2 years I've played. I started at 14 just playing with other workers from the hockey shop that played. Watched a lot of tennis on TV, and just progressively caught onto things. Last year in high school was my first actual organized tennis program I was in...and my first time ever being taught. Made 'Varsity' my first year. Now I just do it for fun though...but still watch a lot on TV to better myself.

About dampeners for me...I've tried them a million times with my new racquets, but i always end up without one. I just believe i have a better feel of the ball without one..

Nice looking one steve.

I'm stupid and i cracked my LM Radical on the fence's post. I usualy throw it in the fence for no damage in moments of anger but my aimed sucked yesterday and it went right in the hard post. Duh.

However, i found a great deal (i think) on Talk Tennis forums. Wilson nCode nsix-one 95 18X20 + Wilson Prostaff Classic 6.1 (greatest racquet ever) for 125$ shipped. Both in 8/10 condition seller says. Can't wait to see that.

I say we get this thread going again. There have got to be some tennis players on this board.

I'll start: I have 3 Microgel Radical Pros, with which I play competitvely, 1 Microgel Radical, and 2 Liquidmetal Radicals.

I string my own rackets, so I experiment with different strings and tension.

Who else got game?

I play 2-3 times a week on Harcourt. My family also goes to a resort every summer and I then get the chance to play on Clay. I also like to play Racquetball once a week.

As soon as it starts getting nice around here I'll have my racket out again. I was going to try and play for my club team but then I found out you have to pay for absolutely everything and I already shell out enough money for school. Oh and by the way you suck at tennis Brett :D

really really short clip of me hitting with my friend who plays college tennis. we're pretty much at the same level - right now we're training for some open level tournaments in the summertime.

still playing with wilson n6-1 95s (got four of them). as much as I am a tinkerer with sticks, Ive been playing with the same racquets for the past 4 years.

played high school tennis and now i wanna get back into it. I was using an older head flexpoint, but figure i need a new racket now. A buddy at work has been telling me about his new rackets called 'Pro Supex'. anyone familiar with these/played with them? Apparently they are made from the same mold as some babolat's but pretty cheap. I'm pretty eager to get back on the courts. Really wanna play on some clay.

I know Pro Supex for their popular strings, their polys are very good for the price, especially the infamous blue gear string with ridges that give insane spin.

I personally am hooked to Dunlop sticks and experimenting with strings/tensions.

Nice backhand thejackal; i have a two-hander. :ph34r:

AG200 is a Euro model isn't it? I think you'd have to buy from europe. The AG 200 18x20 is my stick of choice, but it's a little on the heavy side. If you like midsize sticks, the AG 100 is really something. I'm considering a change.

As soon as it starts getting nice around here I'll have my racket out again. I was going to try and play for my club team but then I found out you have to pay for absolutely everything and I already shell out enough money for school. Oh and by the way you suck at tennis Brett :D

Haha yeah right Chet. Too bad I beat your school up everytime we play them.

AG200 is a Euro model isn't it? I think you'd have to buy from europe. The AG 200 18x20 is my stick of choice, but it's a little on the heavy side. If you like midsize sticks, the AG 100 is really something. I'm considering a change.

both are euro models, but u can get them at tennis warehouse now. midsize racquets are nice, I got a n6-1 Tour for my dad and he likes it a lot, but for me it doesnt really have enough benefits to offset the smaller sweetspot.

Just remember if you are going to buy a racket use it for more than just a few minutes hitting around. A racket can feel awesome the first few times you use it, then feel worse and worse. I don't know why this is, but it happens. I personally use rackets for a couple weeks and at least 7-8 hitting sessions before I decide.