Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sprungster

New '08 RBK Skates

I saw some more models the other day, and they do look good. I have a feeling they may have some issues with denting on chassis, but that is just a guess based on the amount of cutouts on the chassis and the thinness of the walls...

Glad to see the big boys on the ice side participating in the roller world...We just need them to get Sidney Crosby to do some marketing for Roller to help grow the sport...

I saw some more models the other day, and they do look good. I have a feeling they may have some issues with denting on chassis, but that is just a guess based on the amount of cutouts on the chassis and the thinness of the walls...

Glad to see the big boys on the ice side participating in the roller world...We just need them to get Sidney Crosby to do some marketing for Roller to help grow the sport...

I think that just might make the sport huge overnight.

you gotta trust me nothing is gonna happen to the chassis they tested them with 90mph shots and not a dent its is thicker than it looks also its also a really high grade aluminium not magnesium so its not brittle and wont snap they have been tested to the highest standards

The future success of roller depends on getting the ice players of the world, and their superstars involved in the sport personally. This means their companies, too. NBH and Rbk/CCM/The Hockey Company have enough pros between them to validate the game and their own roller equipment a thousand times over.

Roller hockey is beneficial to ice hockey in general and the manufacturers specifically. Their lack of endorsement at one end closes roller hockey rinks at the other end. No rinks no games.

The NHL originally supported roller hockey as an excellent way to find new kids for ice, and as a cross training tool for ice players. The Kids loved roller and didn't cross over to the extent that roller became an enemy of ice coaches. "Roller ruins your stride" to often means roller is going to steal my business. Nope. Coach roller too and make more money and have more security.

And watch the increasing number of young roller stars becoming NHL stars.

The World Level roller competition is heavily salted with European pro ice players. But the USA teams which used to dominate, are still in the old Olympic/amateur mode. Team USA made up of the best Hockey players, that want to play, would certainly raise the level everywhere.

Ice Hockey Guys. There is fun and fame sitting here for the taking. Wake up.

And as for Sidney and friends, two off seasons earning sponsor money playing some roller exhibition would probably double the industry. And sell some boots.

i just have one question and it's not to be rude or in any way look down any companies. I was just wondering why mission who is the biggest player in rollerhockey get some of their NHL pros to do some marketing for roller? If you guys are not willing to pay a pro to do that kind of stuff then why should other companies who have much less interest in the roller industry do anything to help out? sometimes you just have to help yourselves and stop relying or blaming "other" companies for the lack of growth in roller. it's one thing for sprungster to say it because he doesn't have the resources but to hear it from mission is another. like the saying goes "if you build it..." then maybe the big boys (as in companies) will play as well.

Fair enough comment, and no offense taken...However, there is a big difference then they player I was referring to and the players we have...I was just making a statement that a player like Sydney Crosby would be a huge boost to Roller Hockey...If we had someone even close to Crosby, I would definitely push for it...

Crosby is in a different world than all other players, and that is why I referenced him.

As for growing the roller sport, we do more to grow and support the sport than other other company...There is no comparison...

I find it humorous that inline hockey would be looking to the ice side of things for support in growing the game. USAH (ice) is losing more and more male players every year and is only holding membership numbers steady with the huge influx of girls programs. Ice hockey is faltering at the local levels in many parts of the country. Even the NHL numbers (TV) are a nightmare.

All of that said, I think the NHL (and inline hockey in general) would benefit from a summer inline league, much like the WNBA keeps the NBA brand in the news throughout the summer. The only problem is that it would have to be done well and I'm not sure the NHL is capable of that right now.

I am really looking more for a superstar like Crosby to help support the sport. We don't need a forth line center on St. Louis to advertise he plays roller...If roller had the number of players Ice had, I wouldn't be making this point...

Luckily we are seeing the roller market maturing and stabilizing...

BTW, these are just my opinions, and not the opinions of Mission. I guess I need another account to post when I am speaking as a player, and not as an employee of a hockey company...

I am really looking more for a superstar like Crosby to help support the sport. We don't need a forth line center on St. Louis to advertise he plays roller...If roller had the number of players Ice had, I wouldn't be making this point...

BTW, these are just my opinions, and not the opinions of Mission. I guess I need another account to post when I am speaking as a player, and not as an employee of a hockey company...

We like you no matter what hat you happen to be wearing. I fully believe that a growth in inline hockey is needed to save the game of hockey in the US. The sport has to expand and right now, ice is turning into a closed-off elitist niche sport.

I find it humorous that inline hockey would be looking to the ice side of things for support in growing the game. USAH (ice) is losing more and more male players every year and is only holding membership numbers steady with the huge influx of girls programs. Ice hockey is faltering at the local levels in many parts of the country. Even the NHL numbers (TV) are a nightmare.

All of that said, I think the NHL (and inline hockey in general) would benefit from a summer inline league, much like the WNBA keeps the NBA brand in the news throughout the summer. The only problem is that it would have to be done well and I'm not sure the NHL is capable of that right now.

just about any NHL player would be better then any rollerhockey player... i mean how many people around the rinks you play in knows who kirk french is? almost no one knows around here and HE PLAYS here!

also doesn't mission have Hossa on their website? just getting someone like him to do a few tv spots would do wonders and maybe make companies like rbk think twice about putting their stars on.

We like you no matter what hat you happen to be wearing. I fully believe that a growth in inline hockey is needed to save the game of hockey in the US. The sport has to expand and right now, ice is turning into a closed-off elitist niche sport.

Like, with global warming, where's the ice? You don't need ice to play hockey! A 360 dump into the net on wheels is six revolutions and the puck dinks into the corner. Sidney, et al, on wheels would set some fire.

The Mayans were infuriated when the players wanted to use a ball instead of a head cause it improved the game. Took two hundred years to change the rule.

But just look at them Mayans, now!

whoa this thread got way off topic. :lol:

Good to hear. I hope they don't dent. It is nice to have RBK in the roller world.

On a side note, please use periods in your post.

he he sorry bad habbets.

just about any NHL player would be better then any rollerhockey player... i mean how many people around the rinks you play in knows who kirk french is? almost no one knows around here and HE PLAYS here!

also doesn't mission have Hossa on their website? just getting someone like him to do a few tv spots would do wonders and maybe make companies like rbk think twice about putting their stars on.

A couple years back I played Jr A inline and our team was bought by the Mississauga IceDogs of the OHL. Owner convinced a couple guys to come out and play and they dominated for a game, put up like 5-6 points each against a team of skilled roller players who were playing for years. They quit after one game unfortunately cause it said the stride was ruining their ice stride. Ive seen quite a few talented players take the same route. Drop roller and play ice all summer cause ice is ultimately where they have a chance to make a living and as much as people say roller makes you a better ice player, 99% of the NHL doesn't play roller and they're pretty damn good. Playing ice 100% will make you a better ice player, hands down. Now back to the topic, rbk 08!

Sorry to stay off topic. Shute - I know who Kirk French is. Saw him play over here a few years ago and he was very impressive. I train with some GB players who know him well and used to play against him a lot (Kaarst Cup etc). How's he doing these days?

well i know crosby did play in a roller hockey game at elsegundo just a couple weeks before he was drafted. he played goalie on a team that had mike comrie, luc robitaie and anson carter. those guys played a summer season not sure how many games they played alltogether. cool to watch.

those look sick. Add those with a black and red 8K helmet and my black and red one90 gloves and you have a sweet setup.

Here's the Sprungster Photoshop 9K signature model. Bling! :lol:

9K-Sprung-W.jpg

send that in to RBK and your set.. :P

Here's the Sprungster Photoshop 9K signature model. Bling! :lol:

9K-Sprung-W.jpg

send that in to RBK and your set.. :P

Sorry to stay off topic. Shute - I know who Kirk French is. Saw him play over here a few years ago and he was very impressive. I train with some GB players who know him well and used to play against him a lot (Kaarst Cup etc). How's he doing these days?

Sorry but i don't "know" him know him... i just know of him because he plays in the same league as i do and i've played against him once. I've only ever talked to him once to say, "Justin from Mission said hi" and about some hockey gear.