Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

AHL Calder Cup Final

I watched a bit of the game as it was televised locally and it reminded me of why I don't bother going to AHL games anymore. Without a second referee on the ice, it's a joke. Then again, if they don't bother calling charges like the NHL guys, why bother having any?

I watched a bit of the game as it was televised locally and it reminded me of why I don't bother going to AHL games anymore. Without a second referee on the ice, it's a joke. Then again, if they don't bother calling charges like the NHL guys, why bother having any?

I don't know what is more frustrating...the stuff they miss in the AHL or the stuff they call (phantom calls).

It's a development league for officials too...so it's all part of teh learning curve I guess. Claude Julien used to have a saying when he coached in Hamilton...the play by play guy still uses it sometimes:

"Life is Swell in the AHL"

[EDIT] This thread has been fairly one sided, bordering on a homer thread....'cause I've been doing most of the posting *L*...Chadd...as a Hershey guy...what's your take on the series?

I don't know what is more frustrating...the stuff they miss in the AHL or the stuff they call (phantom calls).

It's a development league for officials too...so it's all part of teh learning curve I guess. Claude Julien used to have a saying when he coached in Hamilton...the play by play guy still uses it sometimes:

"Life is Swell in the AHL"

[EDIT] This thread has been fairly one sided, bordering on a homer thread....'cause I've been doing most of the posting *L*...Chadd...as a Hershey guy...what's your take on the series?

I haven't watched any of the series before the game tonight. Having seen bits of them over the course of the season when I've been in the arena to work other games, the Bears are mostly a team that tries to beat you physically and they can't keep up with a fast, skill team. Freddy won a lot of games for them over the course of the season but it sounds like Price is on a roll right now and a hot goalie is tough to beat.

Game Five:

Hamilton 2

Hershey 1

Same formula as most of the series. Back and forth action...sloppy at times. Lots of chances for BOTH teams.

No score after one.

Tied 1-1 after 2...

Middle of the 3rd...Ajay Baines and Max Lapierre break in 2 on 1 and Baines scores the CALDER CUP WINNING GOAL.

Huge crowd...14,205. Awesome atmosphere...the last 10 seconds of the game gave me chills. I've seen at least 20 Stanley Cups presented on TV....nothing compares to being in the building when a Championship is won. At ANY level.

Carey Price was named MVP and showing he's a true Western boy...He shows up at the post game party in jeans...boots and a Cowboy hat.

Absolute nerves of steel for a 19 year old. First time since Patrick Roy that a goalie goes directly from Jr's to the AHL and wins a Championship. (Roy did it in '85)...and in 1986...we all know what Roy did.

This kid (barring injury) will be the best in the world in the very near future. When Broduer retires....Carey Price will get his crown.

(Here's where I get to show off a little). I work for the radio station that broadcasts the Bulldogs. Because of that...I just got home from the private party for the Bulldogs staff and players. What a great time. It's really cool to be able to PERSONALLY congratulate the players for their accomplishment.

Lots of drinks...loud dance music...hot chicks EVERYWHERE.

Just awesome!

Lots of drinks...loud dance music...hot chicks EVERYWHERE.

Just awesome!

Dude who cares about the drinks and chicks if you could get your hands on fre equipment cause they won the cup!?! ;)

But seriously, a nice story and i hope Price will get a bang in the NHL.

Edit: Too bad, there are no videos on TSN.

Huge crowd...14,205. Awesome atmosphere...the last 10 seconds of the game gave me chills. I've seen at least 20 Stanley Cups presented on TV....nothing compares to being in the building when a Championship is won. At ANY level

You went to the game??

So did I, where did you sit?

I sat way up there, section 229 row 10, seat 13.

It was an awesome game!! I didn't follow the dogs throughout the playoffs, as it is not shown on tv, and you can call me a bandwagon jumper all you want :P, but the crowd was eccentric and yeah it was overall a great game!!

Huge crowd...14,205. Awesome atmosphere...the last 10 seconds of the game gave me chills. I've seen at least 20 Stanley Cups presented on TV....nothing compares to being in the building when a Championship is won. At ANY level

You went to the game??

So did I, where did you sit?

I sat way up there, section 229 row 10, seat 13.

It was an awesome game!! I didn't follow the dogs throughout the playoffs, as it is not shown on tv, and you can call me a bandwagon jumper all you want :P, but the crowd was eccentric and yeah it was overall a great game!!

I think I sat in 121 for Period 1...then I went up to the Press Box for the rest of the game. I kinda regret not going down to the lower bowl for Period Three...but the birdseye view and stmosphere in the PB was cool too...One of the sound guys came around with champagne after the Cup was presented.

And, because I couldn't scream in the broadcast booth I saved my voice to retell all my stories abuout the night.

Did you go to City Hall for the rally today? That was pretty good too...hot as hell though in a jersey.

Did you go to City Hall for the rally today? That was pretty good too...hot as hell though in a jersey.

Nope, I was at school <_<

That and I didn't know about it!! If I had of known, I would have tried to convince my dad to go, and I live in Oakville. I would of made the trip down there anyways if I had of known.

Why did you move to the pressbox?

Nope, I was at school <_<

That and I didn't know about it!! If I had of known, I would have tried to convince my dad to go, and I live in Oakville. I would of made the trip down there anyways if I had of known.

Why did you move to the pressbox?

I like the view from the Press Box. Gives me a chance to check on the broadcast and make sure everythign is going well.