Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

I've also been able to score a few goals where I'm clearly offside in the game because the friend I'm playing against passes it back into his zone and I pick it off..that's an interesting glitch and certainly frustrating to the victims. Having players freeze up after missing a one timer is also quite annoying.

That's not a glitch, it's the way the offsides rule works in the NHL pretty and much everywhere else that I've seen.

I've also been able to score a few goals where I'm clearly offside in the game because the friend I'm playing against passes it back into his zone and I pick it off..that's an interesting glitch and certainly frustrating to the victims. Having players freeze up after missing a one timer is also quite annoying.

As I understand it, I'm pretty sure this is actually the correct rule.

Scenario:

A player from Team A is in their offensive zone and offside. The puck has been cleared, presumably by opposing Team B outside of Team A's offensive zone. A player from Team B passes [or carries] the puck back into Team A's offensive zone while the "offside" player on Team A is still in the zone and has not "tagged up." At this point the player on Team A need not tag up.

This rule prevents Team B in this situation from finding safe harbor in their defensive zone during a delayed offside situation. It also discourages passing or returning to the defensive zone -- which is probably a bad idea in the first place, and more so if this is the rule. So long as the puck has been cleared and is subsequently brought into the offensive zone by a player on whose zone is being defended ( Team B ) the play is not offside.

beat me to it Damn Locust.

Fair enough...I should probably know that after all these years of playing and watching hockey, but I admit I don't know everything. So it's not a glitch...it just doesn't happen a lot in live games that I notice anyway.

Well it's pretty understandable since delayed offsides is not something that USA Hockey or the NHL have been consistent with.

This hipcheck/injury thing is cookies now. Simmed to the playoffs and I'm facing the Rangers, then I see Kasparaitis is playing. I figure that will only help me but he takes out Zubrus for a month. I call up Bergfors for the next one and boom, he's taken out by Tyutin for a couple weeks. I miss the slash button sometimes.

This hipcheck/injury thing is cookies now. Simmed to the playoffs and I'm facing the Rangers, then I see Kasparaitis is playing. I figure that will only help me but he takes out Zubrus for a month. I call up Bergfors for the next one and boom, he's taken out by Tyutin for a couple weeks. I miss the slash button sometimes.

Its Y on Xbox 360 and is probably Triangle on PS3. In the menus it might say fight button (to start a fight) but that is because sometimes when you slash a fight will start

edit:typos

Or you keep tapping slash away from the play until a fight starts, you can get 4 or 5 a game doing that.

I'm getting pissed that players can't keep moving their feet when doing anything else.

No, this slash button doesn't maim like it did a couple of years ago. I don't know if my game's version of the Devils are worse than the actual Devils, but I'm lucking out against the damn Rangers.