Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

I was disappointed because 08 is too similar to 07. I can still win games 14-1 etc etc. The skating might be a little bit different but so what? It's still arcadey and unrealistic. Players score on slappers from the blue line but constantly miss open nets on high shot accuracy! If I turn accuracy down too much, almost nothing gets on goal. I was disappointed, if EA and the 2K series could meet in the middle somewhere, it'd be perfect.

Sounds to me like you need to stop playing it on rookie/pro and move up to All Star ;)

I always play on all-star level. Ok, I admit, I have given up 4 goals once, but i won 16-4(default settings, I bumped up shot accuracy 1/3rd). I would post 9 or 10 goals in the second period and once put up 13 in the third period. Even when I turned shot and passing accuracy down to 1/4th, I was still posting double digits pretty often.

play on superstar with AI Learning all the way up

if you're playing current gen then fine, that won't do anything but if you're playing on 360/PS3, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to notch as many goals as you're getting right now.

I have a hard time when I play on superstar, The shots are usally pretty even around 20 each side, while I dominate in the hits and faceoffs departement I still lose like 5-1 every game. I also find that on superstar the CPU gets to all the lose pucks first and they collect all the rebounds.

I have a serious question for NHL 08 online

My roomate and I just got it along with an xbox and are having trouble getting ranked when we play online ranked matches. Any idea how to set this up? step by step would be great thanks

Do you mean you aren't showing up on the leaderboards after you finish a game? Or you can't connect to the game?

If you mean that you aren't getting ranked, it will take some time before you crack the leaderboard. You'll see your ranking as 10001 until you finally crack the top 10000. Look at your ranking pts on the Career stats page. When your ranking pts get higher than the lowest guys on the leaderboard, you'll start to move up.

I just started playing online and I didn't crack the leaderboard until I went about 7-1. Now at 12-2 I'm in the 8000 range.

I have a question, maybe I need to go the official forum but I here already so i'll ask.

how to heck do you make it so the CPU does line changes? I never noticed it before but I was playing anaheim the other night in the playoffs and pronger, neidermeyer, getzlaf, selanne and mcdonald played the entire game.

I found an option for the other teams line changes but I can't change it.

What version are you playing? I play the 360 version and I've never seen the computer do that in a game. As far as I know you can't make the CPU change lines though. Could have been a one time glitch maybe.

I have a question, maybe I need to go the official forum but I here already so i'll ask.

how to heck do you make it so the CPU does line changes? I never noticed it before but I was playing anaheim the other night in the playoffs and pronger, neidermeyer, getzlaf, selanne and mcdonald played the entire game.

I found an option for the other teams line changes but I can't change it.

Before you play the game, there is always a pre-game option menu that shows up. There should be a line change option. On mine (Xbox 360 version), it's default is "OFF". Perhaps this is your problem, and all you need to do is change it to "AUTO".

gee, tried that. I can change my line change options but not the AI.

herb, I have the 360 vers. as well. I had never noticed that before so I hope its just a glitch.

if you have it on rookie mode the cpu will not change lines

herb, I have the 360 vers. as well. I had never noticed that before so I hope its just a glitch.

ahhhh, yes, I play it on rookie :o

man, that makes no sense to me? how can playing the game on the easiest setting be easier when I have to play the whole game against the teams' best line? I never noticed it before either. weird. well, thanks hehateme

man, that makes no sense to me? how can playing the game on the easiest setting be easier when I have to play the whole game against the teams' best line? I never noticed it before either. weird. well, thanks hehateme

it may be because the rookie game play settings adjust the player fatigue in such a way that players don't tired enough to warrant changing lines. look into increasing player fatigue, so players get tired more quickly, therefore encouraging line changes. also, playing with periods greater than 5 minutes may help too, for the same reason; not enough time for players to get tired enough to come off. give it a shot. should help fix your problem.

it may be because the rookie game play settings adjust the player fatigue in such a way that players don't tired enough to warrant changing lines. look into increasing player fatigue, so players get tired more quickly, therefore encouraging line changes. also, playing with periods greater than 5 minutes may help too, for the same reason; not enough time for players to get tired enough to come off. give it a shot. should help fix your problem.

that's a good point about player fatigue, thanks for pointing it out. I'll look at my settings but I think its set pretty low. I do play 10 minute periods though.

I'm having a bit of trouble. Just picked this game up as my housemate that I just moved in with has a 360-

How do I use the experience points earned in Dynasty? I've played for over a month in the game into the season, and so far no one has upped their stats from experience points- is it pooled until the end of the season?

I'm not against starting a new dynasty either. Zetterberg broke his collarbone and is out for 3 months, my ultimate player was on the roster and signed with a team for $10mil and I updated rosters after I started the dynasty so I lost a few draft picks and farm players in trades.

I'm having a bit of trouble. Just picked this game up as my housemate that I just moved in with has a 360-

How do I use the experience points earned in Dynasty? I've played for over a month in the game into the season, and so far no one has upped their stats from experience points- is it pooled until the end of the season?

I'm not against starting a new dynasty either. Zetterberg broke his collarbone and is out for 3 months, my ultimate player was on the roster and signed with a team for $10mil and I updated rosters after I started the dynasty so I lost a few draft picks and farm players in trades.

from what ive noticed the stats of the players dont change until the following year.

I just finished my dyansty with the leafs on all-star. I might have been said by someone but there were a shitload of retirements during the offseason. Since Sundin is the best player, Im gonna have to trade for someone really good, but so many of my options were taken by retirement.

tips09: i did notice a change in the player's ratings during the season. All the guys like steen, wellwood, perry(traded for) and stajan who I played often one the top 2 lines went up one overall rating. But I do agree there are more noticable imporvements/unimprovements of players right as the season ends.

I wish they would pattern NHL dynasty mode after Fifa 08 manager mode. In season recruiting/scouting, day to day GM/coaching decisions, and XP points. Players can gain and lose XP throughout the season, and you can award points to different skills as you see fit. Oh yeah, and am I the only one who still can't figure out the draft for the life of me? I have never understood the system they use; it makes no sense to me.

My brother's brought his 360 over and the game will freeze with under a second left to go in the game. I hope Microsoft dies.

^^That happened to me in game 6..i was up 4-2. I just kept simming until i won cuz i couldnt be bothered to actually win again. Another thing that happens is a line will appear across the screen during intermision and wont go away during the actual game.

or when your player gets stuck in the offensive zone and he is trying to skate but is not moving

This happens to me a lot, where my guy's feet stop moving and he just coasts with the puck. I figured out if I just flick the right stick sideways he'll come unstuck.

I find when my player misses a one-timer, he usually lags for a good 3-4 seconds. Its really annoying because not only did he miss the shot, but its impossible to recover the puck

The way EA gets the computer to come back is redonkulous. I was up 2-0 on the Capitals (without the updated rosters, so no Fedorov or Backstrom) and ended up losing 7-3 on some of the worst goals ever. Nylander floating a backhander from the circles was the worst. AO didn't even get a damn goal.