Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/794/794978p1.html

sounds like it could be very fun with more stuff you can do with the skill stick as well as an overhauled skating system

early screens so eventually they'll bring in the warrior gear, sick kick etc; (i see one90 gloves)

jersey tuck is back and all-star skills competition is in :)

RBK EDGE CODE: h3oyxpwksf8ibcgt

and yet from the screenshots they can't get Fernandez's equipment right, Gaborik's or Demitra's correct..

probably because it's early and none of that small stuff has been done yet?

That's gonna be crazy-good. I'm sure they'll iron out the little details before release...like the fact that Crosby is wearing an "A" instead of a "C" on the screenshot. The new skating system sounds pretty interesting too, can't wait to play.

$50 on Crosby being the cover boy.

I hope they fix all the glitches that was in 07.

EDIT: will they have the RBK edge uniforms? With the exception of the all-star game uni's, the rest of the teams all of their traditional jerseys.

Don't worry about equipment or other minor details. Every guy in the screenshots is wearing black gloves except for the Rangers. Also, the graphics are identical to 07, which is definitely a good thing.

Don't worry about equipment or other minor details. Every guy in the screenshots is wearing black gloves except for the Rangers. Also, the graphics are identical to 07, which is definitely a good thing.

when they released first screens of 07, it looked like crap compared to the later screens.. knowing EA, they'll definitely fine-tune the graphics so that will be a big bonus

Not the same...just wait.

;)

Is it just me or did the graphics in '07 look ten times better than these early '08 shots? I know it's early, but still....

I just hope they add some kind of fantasy draft into their dynasty mode. I'll probably end up getting both again, but not being able to do fantasy rosters killed it for me.

hopefully the AI isn't as stupid as it was in 07.

what do you mean? You don't like your linemates being 10 feet in the zone every time you carry the puck in?

Wow, this game is going to be fantastic if they can pull off all of those changes. I think the graphics look better this year. The shading looks more realistic, ie. less bright and shiny as last years.

The pic of Jagr in the All-Star uniform looks dead on. I'm happy they finally decided to put a skills competition in, but it would be cool to add other little features like practice or something.

this thread got me all amped up on NHL07, so I played a few games...boy does the gameplay bug the sh*t out of me... guys offsides, horrible passes to just about no one...

I think I'm just about done with the EA hockey franchise. Yes, it looks amazing.... but the gameplay is just bogus. At this point, I'll just hold out for the newest 2K sports offering..

hopefully the AI isn't as stupid as it was in 07.

what do you mean? You don't like your linemates being 10 feet in the zone every time you carry the puck in?

and players literally skating circles in the offensive zone when the puck is in the defensive zone, only to start skating out of the zone as you cross the blue line. :rolleyes: