Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StampedeGoalie39

Green gear?

I have looked EVERYWHERE for green stuff. i just want like black white and green. if theres a way to change the color of the pads i have now, that works too. if anybody can find me some cool green black and white stuff, id really appreciate it. but not custom colors. thats a fortune.

thanks! :D

A full set (pads/blocker/trapper) of VK7s from Vortek are currently going for $1,199.00 US. Smith's latest pads, the SP5000, will run you $895.00.

::m

My friend. thank you. your my hero. :D

i live in Georgia. i know alot about goalie stuff. but Honestly, i had never heard about Smith or Vortek since about a week ago. where can i get these?

vortekhockey.net

I think that both companies make great gear but that vortek's gloves are superior. Cook will disagree with me on that point and he's entitled to that opinion, even if it's wrong. :)

yeah, I had never even HEARD of custom goalie stuff till modsquad.

Also, thanks to many people's testimonies on vortek GLOVE being superiour to pretty much everything, I have a pair I ordered and should recieve next week.

as far as custom pads go, look into Don Simmons (Donsimmons.com) and Battram (www.battram.com) also.

well 1200$ seems pretty fair for a full set of custom gear. anybody know how long it takes?

oh. and. i guess im gonna sell the gear i have now when the vks get here. but anybody interested in a pair of Bauer Supreme Pro 33 + 1 pair of leg pads. one year used. if that.

and i have a mission Elite pro glove and blocker. my favorite glove and blocker ive ever used. the glove is wicked broken in and a little scuffed up. but like new! talk to me.

vortekhockey.net

I think that both companies make great gear but that vortek's gloves are superior. Cook will disagree with me on that point and he's entitled to that opinion, even if it's wrong. :)

now i have never used vortek so i wont say anything, however i just dont like the way the pads look. the eh, they dont look so bad, but not as good as the smiths

Well it wouldn't be the first time that somebody who had never played in or even seen in person equipment from a given company posted their be-all end-all opinion of same.

From my standpoint, I worry far more about how gear performs then how it looks. Pete's pads can hold their own with anyone but I don't have the same opinion of his gloves and, to this date, none that I have seen or played in has done anything to change that opinion. Now I've discussed this with Pete and he has said that his gloves just might not be for me.

Around 4 - 6 weeks if I'm remembering correctly but they'll give you an expected ship date when you order.

more like 10 weeks " for most brands anyways " rbk , vaughn. i dont know how long vortex or smith take.

Don Simmons=Garbage.

Cheap poorly made knockoffs.

Not actually, that's quite an ignorant statement...

Your obviously a forward/defense, so you don't know much about goalie equipment. So take your opinion elsewhere, it's like me saying that MIA are cheap knockoffs. I don't know much about MIA, but I only say that because I have heard other bad things about MIA. I have never actually heard anything bad about MIA, it was just an example.

Make your own opinion, I have never tried out Simmons, and they really aren't knockoffs. If you want to say they are knockoffs, then so are Sherwood, Battram, Viper, Prism, Bauer/Nike and all other manufacturers that have copied the Vaughn Velocity.

It is their advertising that turns people away from there product, over the last few years they have come up with some good equipment. And one of the best jocks out there.

So don't make a statement like that, if you know nothing about the subject. Many goalies like Simmons, and their products are of good quality.

Don Simmons=Garbage.

Cheap poorly made knockoffs.

Not actually, that's quite an ignorant statement...

Your obviously a forward/defense, so you don't know much about goalie equipment. So take your opinion elsewhere, it's like me saying that MIA are cheap knockoffs. I don't know much about MIA, but I only say that because I have heard other bad things about MIA. I have never actually heard anything bad about MIA, it was just an example.

Make your own opinion, I have never tried out Simmons, and they really aren't knockoffs. If you want to say they are knockoffs, then so are Sherwood, Battram, Viper, Prism, Bauer/Nike and all other manufacturers that have copied the Vaughn Velocity.

It is their advertising that turns people away from there product, over the last few years they have come up with some good equipment. And one of the best jocks out there.

So don't make a statement like that, if you know nothing about the subject. Many goalies like Simmons, and their products are of good quality.

Hey buddy, no need to be an ass. I have a brother that is a goalie and acutally read up on product. Simmons took the V2 concept, but uses crappy foams and sub par materials that do not give the same protection or performance you would get in that same v2 pad. Even though they say it is the same.

How old are you? 12?