Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sds

I wear a CCM Vector 6.0... comfy boot but...

It is a D width and I really think I need a wide width, but I have stretched it out enough so that it's bearable. However, I do have quite a bit of heel slippage. When I crank down on my middle eyelets to reduce that, I cut off circulation and my feet go numb/cold. I think the depth is good.

Any suggestions for a skate with a tighter heel cup? Are customs worthwhile?

I am a 37 year old intermediate beer-leaguer that plays twice a week. 160 lbs.

I moved from the Vector Pro to the One90, and immediately noticed that I had zero heel/ankle movement relative to the boot. I never had a complaint with the Vector Pro, but going back to them now I notice a small amount of heel movement. As long as the One90 fits your foot shape, you'd be hard pressed to find a boot that locks your heel in better.

i had the same problem in my vectors. heel would move around. i just got bauer 8090's and used them for the first time today and love them. wide forefoot and my heel is locked in. if you have the cash id recommend the supreme 70's because there really simialar

me too, the problem is the heel in the vectors are wide and your heel is probably pretty smal. I consider an easton or bauer skate. they tend to fit a narrower heel. Hope this helps =D

me too, the problem is the heel in the vectors are wide and your heel is probably pretty smal. I consider an easton or bauer skate. they tend to fit a narrower heel. Hope this helps =D

I got to demo a pair of one90's, but they were D width, not EE, and since they were demos they were not baked. I skated about an hour in them until the pain was too much and I put my CCM's back on. The heel lock was terrific, but the boot may be just too hard on the inside. I do have some issues with tenderness in the ankle because a tendon rides over my ankle bone and it tens to get inflamed. In that sense, I'm in a catch-22 - I need a tighter ankle fot, but I have to be careful it's not too tight.

The Easton's I have tried on didn't seem to have enough volume. Maybe I need to try a specific line of Easton's?

Are the Supreme 70's any softer on the inside than the one90's?

I know you're asking about skates, but a better footbed like superfeet can improve heel lock. I have pro tacks and the stock footbed is basically flat foam which does nothing to help heel lock, but with superfeet its much improved.

I know you're asking about skates, but a better footbed like superfeet can improve heel lock. I have pro tacks and the stock footbed is basically flat foam which does nothing to help heel lock, but with superfeet its much improved.

got 'em . :)

I have the same problem with my new 9k's, allready put superfeest in them but the problem stays. It's irritating me so I thinking of buying new skates...

I have the same story as Texan - my heel was slipping in the 6.0's too - not severely, but enough that it was really annoying and uncomfortable (even with the grey superfeet). I switched to 8090's and problem solved.

I have the same problem with my new 9k's, allready put superfeest in them but the problem stays. It's irritating me so I thinking of buying new skates...

why would you have heel slippage problems in 9k's? Doesn't the pump lock it in for you?

why would you have heel slippage problems in 9k's? Doesn't the pump lock it in for you?

No, not really. I don't find the pump strong enough to create a good lock, it's just air... And the pump is slowly losing his presure when i skate.

because the skates simply don't fit right. The RBK line of skates fits similar to the old CCM Tacks but the heel is slightly wider. The pump will help but it won't stop the heel from slipping if you have a smaller heel.

I've tried them both and I felt that they were just about even. The new Vapors might give the impression they are narrower with the large ankle packs.

because the skates simply don't fit right. The RBK line of skates fits similar to the old CCM Tacks but the heel is slightly wider. The pump will help but it won't stop the heel from slipping if you have a smaller heel.

wouldn't this skate be a good solution to some heel slippage in a Vector 6.0?

I tried on a D width (too narrow) in the 9k's, pumped up the heel and it seemed to have helped, but this was an insta-analysis just before my game. Does this sound incorrect?

I'm comming from CCM Tack (852). Now i understand, I allways thought it had exactly the same fit. Will the vector be to narrow for me?

A wider boot will in most cases give you a wider heel.

Are you sure your slippage isn't because of a boot that is too big? The Supreme 70 has a wider heel than your Vectors.

A wider boot will in most cases give you a wider heel.

Are you sure your slippage isn't because of a boot that is too big? The Supreme 70 has a wider heel than your Vectors.

my Vectors are definitely not to big in the forefoot - they are pretty tight (too tight in my opinion). Lengthwise, I'm wearing a skate 2.5 sizes smaller than my shoe size. When I pull out the footbed and stand on it, my toes end at the very edge of bed. So, if I have extra room in the length - it isn't much.

My heel slippage isn't a lot, but as I become a better skater I can start to feel things now that I didn't a few months ago. I was hoping maybe the 5k or the 9k would do the trick and take up that extra space.

how do you like your 8090's. only skated on mine a couple times so far but love the feel

I love'em. They fit great, are lighter, and much stiffer. I had to get them profiled and pitched, and there are a couple hot spots I need to deal with during the off-season, but I wouldn't part with them for any other skate at the moment.

Is there any D width skate on the market that's narrower than Vectors in the heel? (I think I'm between C and D, plus C isn't in stock around here)

If you use a skate like the KOR, would it vacuum the space in your heel area? I'm thinking it would be a problem to get a decent fit in them if your foot is narrower than the boot?

Know people with very very wide feet have fitting problems in KOR's so maybe it's the same with narrow feet.