Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Need opinions for shoulder pads....

I play in a non-contact league, and just play pick up a lot. I bought the Jofa 9700's, but after trying them on with all of my upper body stuff last night, I decided they're just too bulky. I don't need something that big for what I play in.

I have been using a very old pair of cooper shoulder pads that are perfect, but they're falling apart, thus the need for a new pair.

I wanted to go for the Bauer Classic shoulder pads, but no one around here has them in stock, and I want to try them on first. Here they are -

http://us.st3.yimg.com/store2.yimg.com/I/h...key_1800_410464

Has anyone tried these? Or does anyone have any recommendations on a good pair of shoulder pads?

Thanks... ;)

Sherwood 5030 pads and DR 1600 pads are nice and lightwieght. They kinda feel like old Coopers once they're broken in. Another thing you can do that a lot of guys around here do, is cut the shoulder cap off.

I use Koho 4420's. I play in a couple of leagues but I hate wearing shoulder pads. These guys are really light weight and low profile. They also have a bit of protection just in case. Easton and Sherwood also make "classic" style shoulder pads if you like them.

The Sherwoods may be a good option for you, as may the Hespeler Vintage series. Both are lightweight and similar to the old Coopers.

I have the SW 5030s and love them. I am not sure I could ever buy another pair of pads when these ones only cost me $25.00. Can't beat the price for a little protection.