Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NuggyBuggy

French hockey phrases

haha a guy on our team was called a frog last week (we're all French on our team) and he went fucking nuts. I couldn't care less about any chirps on the ice but our D-man took it very personally haha. I honestly thought he was going to murder the guy. So yeah...just to be safe, don't call a French guy a frog.

NEVER heard of calling someone a pepper though haha

haha a guy on our team was called a frog last week (we're all French on our team) and he went fucking nuts. I couldn't care less about any chirps on the ice but our D-man took it very personally haha. I honestly thought he was going to murder the guy. So yeah...just to be safe, don't call a French guy a frog.

NEVER heard of calling someone a pepper though haha

It's a variation of "pepsi". You must have heard that?

I honestly have no idea where the pepper connotation comes from. All I know is french players go INSANE when they're called that, much like frog.

I had no idea about the Prospal thing though, how did I not hear about that? Doan gets accused of "maybe" saying it, and the government goes ballistic.

Calling a French person a Frog is like calling an English person a Square Head. Some don't care while others will blow a gasket.

There are many many many things to say during a hockey game.

If you want good swearing ideas, rent the movie Bon Cop Bad Cop. It's hockey oriented and pretty funny with lots of French Swearing.

Calling a French person a Frog is like calling an English person a Square Head. Some don't care while others will blow a gasket.

There are many many many things to say during a hockey game.

If you want good swearing ideas, rent the movie Bon Cop Bad Cop. It's hockey oriented and pretty funny with lots of French Swearing.

also the same as an African American a slave? because I'm not too familiar with "square head"

No racism intended, just for intensive purposes

Square Head:

Word used by French Canadians (see Frogs, Pepper or Pepsi) to describe English Speaking Canadians. (I guess pepper and pepsi are used more often than i though haha, never heard them before)

The term Square Head refers to the way farm land was divided among the citizenry. The English had square farms whereas the French had rectangular strip farms stemming from a river. If you google map over Quebec and Manitoba you will clearly see the difference in farm shapes.

French Canadians used strip rectangular farms connected to a river so that more farmers can have access to water (more fair and productive). They find the square shape "stupid".

This is why it is an insult to call an English Canadian a square head...

English Canadian: "Hello"

French Canadian: "Ta gueule estie d'tete Caree" (shut-up square head).

To me, both Frog and Squarehead are pretty lame disses but...i like to say it to my wife for fun because she's anglophone haha (or..esti d'anglais aka fucking anglophone). She obviously doesn't care.

I always thought that "tête carrée" was derived from their use of the word bloke which sounds like block. The word "bloke" which is as commonly used by British people as we use the word "guy", is used as a derogatory word by French Canadians to call English people.

Square Head:

Word used by French Canadians (see Frogs, Pepper or Pepsi) to describe English Speaking Canadians. (I guess pepper and pepsi are used more often than i though haha, never heard them before)

The term Square Head refers to the way farm land was divided among the citizenry. The English had square farms whereas the French had rectangular strip farms stemming from a river. If you google map over Quebec and Manitoba you will clearly see the difference in farm shapes.

French Canadians used strip rectangular farms connected to a river so that more farmers can have access to water (more fair and productive). They find the square shape "stupid".

This is why it is an insult to call an English Canadian a square head...

English Canadian: "Hello"

French Canadian: "Ta gueule estie d'tete Caree" (shut-up square head).

To me, both Frog and Squarehead are pretty lame disses but...i like to say it to my wife for fun because she's anglophone haha (or..esti d'anglais aka fucking anglophone). She obviously doesn't care.

Agree. One should leave the others origins out of trash talking be it about race, country of origin, religion, spoken language etc. You don't chose where you were born, your color or your origins plain and simple and one should not be dissed because of that

hamstercaster, I'm afraid you're gonna have to change your sig ahah :rolleyes:

You are right lol. Thing is, first and foremost I'm a Price fan but with Halak's performance in the playoffs I had to at least aknowledge the fact that he was playing really good.

Will change that pronto hehehe

thanks

You are right lol. Thing is, first and foremost I'm a Price fan but with Halak's performance in the playoffs I had to at least aknowledge the fact that he was playing really good.

Will change that pronto hehehe

thanks

God who writes your sigs, Drew Carey? Clever though. Drew Carey, Carey Price. Your lucky Bob Barker is dead, or else the joke wouldn't be at it's full potential

God who writes your sigs, Drew Carey? Clever though. Drew Carey, Carey Price. Your lucky Bob Barker is dead, or else the joke wouldn't be at it's full potential

You'd be barking up the wrong tree. :P