Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigdaddykane

Crosby's New Stick/skates

It would not surprise me in the least that RbK is having the exact same shaft made that he was using with Sherwood. After all, RbK has partnered up with that same OEM on other products for the 2007 retail year, as well as some pro sticks for 2007-08.

QFT.

You're talking retail patterns, right? If so, the Sherwood "Crosby", and the pics RBK has released of their hopefully-soon-to-be "Crosby" pattern are 2 completely different patterns. The Sherwood "Crosby" is just like an Easton "Sakic", and I believe (not 100%) a RBK "Datsyuk"

...so if you like the Sherwood pattern, and you hold out for the RBK one, you're going to be pretty disappointed, because they're 2 totally different curves.

No, its a Pro-Stock OPS. I take a little bit of heat to the blade to adjust it just a tad to my liking and play with it as that.

I have used a retail Forsberg pattern before in the past and enjoyed that, but I have a terrible time keeping my shots and passes low and the Crosby curve gives me the best ability to do that while still keeping the integrity of my shot.

bravada wouldent that be opposite because of the loft of the crosby curve vs the forsberg but hey to each his own i guess

I agree. I tried another stick that had a smaller curve on it that made a big difference and I had an opportunity to get my hands on this one. I agree with you that it shouldn't work, but it really does for me.

Sorry, but it is ok to heat and change a composite blade?

It makes them quite a bit less durable, but it's a risk I'm willing to take to try and get the perfect blade.

Yeah, he is using a 2 piece variant, but they make the blade black, so if he spraypaints the ol' sher-wood blades, then it will look completeley identical.

No, he's using the exact same setup as last year.

is it possible to take out the blade and put in a wood one without having to flip the stick if i could i would so put in a sherwood 1050 that wood be sick

Yeah, he is using a 2 piece variant, but they make the blade black, so if he spraypaints the ol' sher-wood blades, then it will look completeley identical.

No, he's using the exact same setup as last year.

But will his SWD shaft be re-painted?

Just got my crobsy gold stick, I think its the New 7sick kick, no grip and lighter then the original sick kick, has a good balance to it and seems to be more flexible

its i alsmost like of not an exact clone of a Naslund curve which i actuall like cause i have it on my One 90

I have no idea what you're going for here.... sorry man. Are you saying it's similar to the NBH "Naslund"??

definately using a shaft + blade combo

as see in this pic

fullj.getty-76073960dp009_pittsburgh_pe.jpg

notice "sher-wood" written where the hosel area is

as for the skates

either a new version of the 9ks or maybe even 10ks?

here:

fullj.getty-76074659bb004_new_york_rang.jpg