Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed Demon

The Ultimate Goalie

Who here thinks that it would be a good idea to get like the biggest fat ass in the world and strap him up in pads and just sit him in front of the net and he doesn't even have to move all he has to do is just lay there and block shots?! This guy would be so fat you couldn't even squeeze the puck in under him and there would be no space around him.. I mean honestly... there must be some person that is that big in this world...

Who here thinks that it would be a good idea to get like the biggest fat ass in the world and strap him up in pads and just sit him in front of the net and he doesn't even have to move all he has to do is just lay there and block shots?! This guy would be so fat you couldn't even squeeze the puck in under him and there would be no space around him.. I mean honestly... there must be some person that is that big in this world...

Brilliant there junior. Just go pick up some guy that's worked at McCain's for one to many years and get him in to you brand new arena and you do that. Send us some pictures and tell us how it works out.

Brilliant there junior. Just go pick up some guy that's worked at McCain's for one to many years and get him in to you brand new arena and you do that. Send us some pictures and tell us how it works out

Yeah, I will eat all their frozen cakes and pizzas and never excercise any more :D

True, however I think I have heard somewhere that goalies will soon not be allowed to play the puck behind the net.

i dont think so...

True, however I think I have heard somewhere that goalies will soon not be allowed to play the puck behind the net.

Thats one of those rules they're considering for the NHL next year. Having a fatass goalie wouldn't be a great idea in a place like the NHL. Sure they'd take a lot of the net, but keep in mind their pads would have to be the same size as everyone elses, unless they get an exception. And there would always be a little room they wouldn't be able to fill, and knowing how good NHL snipers are, they'd be able to pick it quite easily. You can't expect the fat goalies to be even remotely quick.

Guess you saw the Amstel Light commercial...

ya that was pretty funny.....

I've never seen it, stupid Canada, can't get any good commercials. And no Hockey Falls ones unless I watch hockey on ABC (Stanley's cup, lol).

Guess you saw the Amstel Light commercial...

That was the first thing I thought of when I read Dexy's post.

I wonder how differently Crosby would have done this year had he played in the WHL, a much more physical league.

Hehe, wrong thread ;)

I'm all for a 6'7 400 lb goalie if hes born and bred to be a hockey goalie. If I'm a scout/GM and I see a borderline draftee with those stats, I take a waiver on him anyday. I dont care if hes playing junior B in slovakia on a team thats 0-50-2 and his GAA is 9.5. With proper technique and coaching(assuming he's conditioned like a football lineman and nimble enough on his feet), I think you could have a great goaltending prospect. You can't coach size, but you can coach technique, reflexes, reaction and recovery.Andrei Medvedev is a great example of this, and hes not that "huge".