Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BruinsFanRI

Clicking Skates

Hi all,

When I walk from the locker room to the rink, one of my skates "clicks" with every step. Any idea why it's doing this?

Thanks!

Chris

BTW....I have 852 Tacks.

The other day I was in talking with the skate sharpener and he was fixing a guys skate with the same problem. Turns out there was a pretty sizeable drill bit stuck inside the hollow part of his Tuuk. Its like when surgeons leave their tools inside patients, but not as life threatening.

Sometimes on Prolites, there's a tiny bit of extra room between the top of the blade and the groove where it fits inside the holder. Even if your screws are tight, there's a possibility that you could still have some clicking. I have 952s, and sometimes they click, even with the screws tight.

Sometimes on Prolites, there's a tiny bit of extra room between the top of the blade and the groove where it fits inside the holder. Even if your screws are tight, there's a possibility that you could still have some clicking. I have 952s, and sometimes they click, even with the screws tight.

yet another reason why, IMO, the prolites are terrible holders...

i got 652 tacks recently and they used to click but now it just went away. The guy at the store said this is common with tacks

I have 600's (the SMU for Sportchek...the same as 652's). They click, but as far as I can tell the screws are tight....the blade doesn't move at all, but they click...(mostly in the heel of my right foot).

Hasn't affected my skating (that I can tell), so I tend to ignore it in the room...can't hear once I'm on the ice...

On a lot of Vapor XX Lightspeed holders, no matter how tight the screw on them is, the steel still clicks.

What is this PITCH problem you speak of? I've got play on the front ends of my blades, will it cause me grief?

It was a problem with the front bolt, Mission is replacing it. They may have the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with, in any industry.