Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chef_ducky

Post Game Beer

What about Natty Ice?

Every time I drink before a game, I feel sick. But last time I got a goal, so maybe that's the trick.

Used to drink Lionshead when I was in PA. I believe it is a PA original. Similar to Yuengling Lager, but sometimes comes with a free t-shirt...

Mack, as mentioned earlier, you suggested Smithwicks. I find that to beverage to be atrocious. Natty Ice isn't that bad tasting, IMO... And I never acutally WENT to college.

Also an education fund. That should probably go first.

I don't know if anybody could come up with that kind of cash...

We usually hit a local BJ's Brewery for a few pitchers of Jeremiah Red and/or Blonde. Nachos plate aint half bad either.

If I'm feeling real chipper, I'll tag a Genessee Cream Ale when I get home.

i dont understand why some guys drink before and after games? whats the deal with beer?

Before games for reasons I can't begin to fathom.

After because most people are already slightly dehydrated by the time the game starts, then they get even more so during the game. A dehydrated body is able to get loaded much more quickly than a properly hydrated one.

If you want to see this in action, hang around an NFL team during training camp. A few guys I'm close with are still active, and I swear that you can see even the 250+ pounders get tanked off a single light beer (and we're talking guys with steel livers here).

Has anybody mentioned Stampede Light? It has VITAMINS, so it's good for you. ;)

http://stampedebeer.com/index1.html

That is awesome...where do you buy it

There is a link on the site to find places that sell it. From what I understood it was released in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I still can't find it.

Back when I was in a rock band, we bought a couple cases of Natty Ice (probably at $8 each), put them in the fridge. Those were the last reserves, or "guest" beers. I've never seen a beer last that long in the fridge. I think people would prefer water. Hell, I'm not even sure you could determine by taste if the beer was long past its "drink by" date.

Back when I was in a rock band, we bought a couple cases of Natty Ice (probably at $8 each), put them in the fridge. Those were the last reserves, or "guest" beers. I've never seen a beer last that long in the fridge. I think people would prefer water. Hell, I'm not even sure you could determine by taste if the beer was long past its "drink by" date.

I wouldnt necessarily drop the lower priced beers into the appauling category.

Sad thing is the majority of you are drinking it without knowing. Case in point, Budweiser out of the tap. You are usually not getting genuine Budweiser. Its Busch.

I wouldn't doubt it, I can't take a swig off any macro brew without thinking it tastes like they left it out in the trunk of a car in Arizona for a year.

My "slumming" beer is High Life, mainly because it tastes the least bad of all the macro beers. Which is to say it tastes like beer flavored water.