Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chef_ducky

Post Game Beer

you can add high life (the champagne of beers) to the list of acceptable to drink cheap beers, along with milwaukee's best (beast), and PBR.

high life is a bit more carbonated than i like, but when it's $6 for a 12 pack of bottles, I'm not complaining at all. i'd avoid the cans though.

Anyone had Stella Artois

Since you brought it up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSLFKVGnrLE

I'd be pissed having to wait for a beer that long having it in the bottle would be just fine. I'm going to drink it not take a picture of it.

...and not every place that sells SA is designated a "Proper pourer". There are rules for Draft (or is it Draught) Stella too. The beer snobs who drink Stella say it is worth it.

On a totally unrelated note...I have a cousin named Stella...I don't think she was named after the Southern Belle.

thats true...i've noticed it

Highly doubtful.

The reason they do it is because you cant tell the difference between the two out of a tap. It saves the bar(s) about $20 or so per barrel aswell.

The only real way to know is to look at the sticker on the barrel before it gets sent out. They'll remove the sticker and throw a bud cap on top and call it Bud.

Stella back home was always a knackers beer. That and dutch gold and Tennants.

If you classify homeless bums as beer snobs, then I guess there are some beer snobs drinking stella, and thats only a last resort if they can't get some thunderbird

Beer snobs drink Stella? Isn't it like a European Budweiser?

It's an Import beer...so it costs more. Paying $7 for a beer when there is a perfectly good, cold $4 beer makes you a beer snob to me *L*

thats true...i've noticed it

Highly doubtful.

The reason they do it is because you cant tell the difference between the two out of a tap. It saves the bar(s) about $20 or so per barrel aswell.

The only real way to know is to look at the sticker on the barrel before it gets sent out. They'll remove the sticker and throw a bud cap on top and call it Bud.

Okay maybe.

Our preference is the $5 pitchers of Bud Light and Amber Bock the rink delivers to the dressing room after the game. Followed up by $4-5 pints of Bass or Newcastle at our favourite pub. The Slug 3pm to 3am 365 days a year, except Sundays at 1 during football season.

Stella is kind of a yuppie beer, kind of like Newcastle. Technically an import, but mainstream. You can find it on tap pretty easily. I fall under the yuppie category as I love Newcastle, Stella, and occasionally a Blue Moon or Guinness.

PBR is big among the college kids nowadays...it's pretty acceptable tasting, at least compared to any Bud/Miller/Michelob variant.

Has anybody mentioned Stampede Light? It has VITAMINS, so it's good for you. ;)

http://stampedebeer.com/index1.html

That is awesome...where do you buy it

There is a link on the site to find places that sell it. From what I understood it was released in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I still can't find it.

Still mostly in Dallas and uptown. Only plsace I've seen it for sale is S&K beverage in plano.

Your rink delivers beer, let alone cheap beer? Thats awesome.

Les Quatres Glaces (The 4 rinks) in Brossard, Que (south of Montreal) would send waiters to the dressing room after the games. They would take your orders and bring your beverage of choice.

That's brilliant marketing.

When I played at the Xcel (where the Wild play), they actually had a bartender with a rolling cart stocked full of booze (20+ different bottles), beer, and a little cash register. That is how you REALLY get your money out of people.

Your rink delivers beer, let alone cheap beer? Thats awesome.

Just started about a year or two ago. We used to have a rotating cooler different guy took it home each week and brought it back next game full of whatever. Rink used to look the other way. then rink manager informed us we wouldn't be able to do it anymore as they would be selling beer from the lounge. Attitude was screw them we can beat the system we'll hide it in our bags and bring it in. $5 pitchers in the room when you get off the ice if you order in advance changed our tune in less than a week.

The ONLY time I drink beer is after playing hockey. I don't keep in in the house because I have two boys here. Don't need them growing up like I did the first 8 years of my life having their dad come home from work and need 3 beers right away to "wind down" and turning into a major a-hole by the evening.

That being said, the team I used to play with seemed to be partial to Kokanee, Labatt's Blue, Moosehead (we were the Moose and one of our players is from Halifax), the occasional Molson Canadian, Sam Adams was always well liked and once in a while something called Moose Drool. The guy from Halifax, who now resides in Langley, BC, sometimes would bring down beer from BC and there was indeed a difference in taste (and it wasn't a BAD thing!). Not sure if it's still made, but he once brought down this Molson product that came in a 6oz can I believe that was quite tasty and had a higher alcohol content than regular beer. He told us to be careful with it and he was right.

Molson cold shots, big waste of money.

Thanks, now I remember. Come to think of it, my teammate never did bring them down a second time. Oh well, at least I didn't pay for them.

They arent bad but its like 10 bucks for a 6 pack or something like that. I'll rather pay more for a can with more beer.

The ONLY time I drink beer is after playing hockey. I don't keep in in the house because I have two boys here. Don't need them growing up like I did the first 8 years of my life having their dad come home from work and need 3 beers right away to "wind down" and turning into a major a-hole by the evening.

That being said, the team I used to play with seemed to be partial to Kokanee, Labatt's Blue, Moosehead (we were the Moose and one of our players is from Halifax), the occasional Molson Canadian, Sam Adams was always well liked and once in a while something called Moose Drool. The guy from Halifax, who now resides in Langley, BC, sometimes would bring down beer from BC and there was indeed a difference in taste (and it wasn't a BAD thing!). Not sure if it's still made, but he once brought down this Molson product that came in a 6oz can I believe that was quite tasty and had a higher alcohol content than regular beer. He told us to be careful with it and he was right.

I worked for Moosehead for three years...beauty stuff. Best system for post game beer. Get a nice wheeled cooler and rotate the beer duty game to game. $2 a beer. The guy who brings it makes profit so taking the time to get it, lug it in...etc. Tried and true system. Can't beat that. What we did, for years was go with two different beers, a light and regular. No complaining no bullshit, can't go wrong with that either. And now and again we'd throw in a bottle for a PRE-GAME shot too...another beauty idea.