Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chef_ducky

Post Game Beer

Blue's the best but anything does the trick, only beer I won't hack is molson canadian, usually just buy lakeport tho its the cheap mans blue. and not to get off topic but to anyone who has had the same beer but american and canadian versions, how much different is it really?, are the percentages far off?

i dont understand why some guys drink before and after games? whats the deal with beer?

alot of people aren't in serious hockey anymore and are out for a good time, a couple beers with hockey it just goes hand in hand, even if its 1030 in the mornin lol

Blue's the best but anything does the trick, only beer I won't hack is molson canadian, usually just buy lakeport tho its the cheap mans blue. and not to get off topic but to anyone who has had the same beer but american and canadian versions, how much different is it really?, are the percentages far off?

It's not the percentage, it's the water.

Percentages and formula are the same, but the water used gives it a totally different taste.

Canadian beers taste totally different in the US, and US beers taste totally different in Canada.

u guys ever play drunk? lol

One of my teams best games was when we were all drunk. 3-4 beers before the game and maybe 3-4 more while on the bench. We won 10-4. Good times.

i dont understand why some guys drink before and after games? whats the deal with beer?

I never drink alcohol before a game. Post game, I usually only drink alcohol.

fellas, we're a drinking team with a hockey problem.

One of the guys was bringing home-made Lemonjellica, some crazy sweet Italian liquor that was going down in small shots like way too easy. Then the 3rd string goalie started bringing a cooler with #43(another wicked sweet after dinner liquor aka liquid crack) and a 12 pack of Labatt's. It was hell to get through the lobby after a few of those and your hockey bag feeling like it weighed a ton!

I'm not sure on the % alcohol in Blue, but I believe it's like 2 % higher in Canada maybe? And the taste, IMO, is completely different. I'm only 21 but growing up on the border I was drinking blue at age 17 with a fake 19 I.D. in Canada...

To put it in perspective...6 bottles of Blue purchased in the U.S. will get me relatively drunk when consumed within 1.5-2 hours. 6 bottles of blue when I go up North and go out with my buddies to the most amazing strip clubs in Ontario, I am plastered.

Percentages and formula are the same, but the water used gives it a totally different taste.

Canadian beers taste totally different in the US, and US beers taste totally different in Canada.

I know the water is different, but I'm telling you Canadian brewed Blue has more alcohol by volume, damn sure about it too as it is my favorite beer. Wish they would start serving it at Lightning games so I don't get those nasty Molson farts the next day lmao

When I started drinking, you were in elementary school.

It's the same alcohol content.

Prove me wrong and I'll step down from MSH. If I'm right, I get to ban you.

Are you REALLY sure?

Anyone bringing Fosters to your games Joe?

Brought some "Fosters" to the rink last week....brewed in Guelph, ON! Now the Coopers is authentic stuff -- a good, tasty lager actually brewed in Australia. The real Aussies could tell you more. I heard the Fosters there is completely different, like real Canadian Labatts and the watered-down stuff we get down here, like Guinness here and Guinness in Ireland, etc...

Recently I bought some "imported" Japanese beer to go with some take-out sushi -- Sapporo and Asahi. Guess where they were brewed too?..... Guelph! Again, I'm sure someone from Guelph can say more on this.

nothin but Lucky "i'm too cheap" lager.

I firmly believe it provides the adaquate amount of carbs for post game recovery as well as one hell of a ride home

They're part of the union that believes "if you can see through it, I don't want it." America missed the invite on that because the only good dark beers are micros.

Anyone bringing Fosters to your games Joe?

Brought some "Fosters" to the rink last week....brewed in Guelph, ON! Now the Coopers is authentic stuff -- a good, tasty lager actually brewed in Australia. The real Aussies could tell you more. I heard the Fosters there is completely different, like real Canadian Labatts and the watered-down stuff we get down here, like Guinness here and Guinness in Ireland, etc...

Recently I bought some "imported" Japanese beer to go with some take-out sushi -- Sapporo and Asahi. Guess where they were brewed too?..... Guelph! Again, I'm sure someone from Guelph can say more on this.

I'm living in Guelph for school and there is a TON of beer brewed here. We have the Sleemans brewery.

Rickards White.

Us, too, but for summer hockey.

Molson Canadian, Sleeman's Cream Ale, Alexander Keith's.

I'll chime in for the heck of it...

Labatt Blue when in Michigan... Fat Tire here in SoCal.

If I ever play in Canada, I'll take just "aboot" (slight linguistic pun) any good ale or pilsner :D .

Canada brews some of the worlds best!

Luckily here in the very eclectic town of Asheville NC there is a very strong underground home brew contingency. Apparently if you personally brew over 100 gallons of beer a year in your home it is illegal.....thus a ton of people do it in NC and either drink it, give it away, or bring it to hockey games. :) Most of my teammates are home brewers.....and a handful of them have made some VERY tasty brews. :P

thats interesting, i never thought about the water...so for the most part regular beer is 5% and light about 4%? cause thats kinda the norm i see here, only reason i ask is there were some americans who told me coors light was like 3% in the US, ill take ur word for it tho.