Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

You can pick the 2010 Canadian Olympic Team

Off that list

Forwards:

Heatley, Lecavalier, St.Louis, Spezza, Toews, Crosby, Staal, Getzlaf, Nash, Thornton, Iginla, Perry, Sakic

Defencemen:

Pronger, Weber, Keith, Niedermayer, Phaneuf, Staal, Bouwmeester

Goalies:

Giguere, Luongo, Brodeur

for some reason it seems like theres some names missing but I just can't put my finger on any. its still early imo, like will neidermayer still be playing? sakic? and theres some people on that list just because of the year they're having. they got their work cut out for them

for some reason it seems like theres some names missing but I just can't put my finger on any.

The first name I really thought of as missing is Kris Letang. He was captain of the World Juniors team last year. I know it might be asking a lot for him to really push his way into that area, but I think he should be at least given the opportunity based on his potential over the next couple of years and should be up there with guys like Seabrook, Green, Burns, Weber, and Coburn.

Also, I'm surprised they didn't throw Tavares' name on there at forward just to see how many people would vote for him.

Forwards:

Heatley, Lecavalier, Spezza, Toews, Crosby, Staal, Getzlaf, Nash, Thornton, Iginla, Sakic and Shawn Horcoff or maybe a guy like Sam Gagner or Kyle Turris.

Defencemen:

Pronger, Phaneuf, Campbell Bouwmeester, Burns, Redden, and Mike Green if he continues to do this.

Goalies:

Price, Luongo, Brodeur

Heatley, Lecavalier, Spezza, Toews, Crosby, Nash, Sakic, Staal, Briere, Getzlaf, Iginla, M. Richards, Thornton

Beauchemin, Bouwmeester, Boyle, Niedermayer, Pronger, Campbel, Phaneuf

Brodeur, Giguere, Luongo

Not sure if Brodeur will still be around by then, but if he isn't I think Price should go.

forwards: Bergeron, fisher, heatley, lecavalier, st louis, spezza, crosby, nash, boyes, toews, getzlaf, iginla, thornton.

Defense: Weber, green, pronger, seabrook, campbell, phaneuf, staal.

Goalies: Brodeur, Luongo, Leclaire

I'm liking the Shea Weber picks on D...interesting.....Pascal Leclaire keeps on improving the way he is and gains some playoff experience he could potentially be a viable candidate too....if Brodeur packs it in....Brent Burns gets my nod on D.

I think Smyth will be there if he wants to be...he's done too much for Hockey Canada for them to leave him off. Same goes for Sakic as well obviously.

Either way, what a ridiculous squad, anytime one of these tournys comes up it's always amazing how Canada could easily put two teams out there that could beat anybody (even the other Canadian team) without it being a big upset.

Forwards:

Heatley, Lecavelier, Perry, Spezza, Toews, Crosby, Nash, Staal, Getzlaf, Iginla, Richards, Smyth, Thornton

D:

Bouwmeester, Boyle, Pronger, Burns (homer pick), Seabrook, Campbell, Phaneuf

Goalies:

Giguere (why did I think he was Euro?), Luongo, Leclaire

I think Smyth will be there if he wants to be...he's done too much for Hockey Canada for them to leave him off. Same goes for Sakic as well obviously.

Either way, what a ridiculous squad, anytime one of these tournys comes up it's always amazing how Canada could easily put two teams out there that could beat anybody (even the other Canadian team) without it being a big upset.

...and yet we always find a way to screw it up when it counts. Hopefully the Canadians win at home at 2010!

...and yet we always find a way to screw it up when it counts. Hopefully the Canadians win at home at 2010!

"Canada has been one of the leading national ice hockey teams in international play, winning the 1972 Summit Series against the Soviet Union, four of five Canada Cups dating back to 1976, winning the 2002 Winter Olympics, three recent IIHF World Championships and the 2004 World Cup of Hockey."

Without even getting into the Juniors....we do ok.

Francois Beauchemin definaetly deserves a spot...i think anyways..

He is very talented and will be even better by 2010

soo many names to go through

"Canada has been one of the leading national ice hockey teams in international play, winning the 1972 Summit Series against the Soviet Union, four of five Canada Cups dating back to 1976, winning the 2002 Winter Olympics, three recent IIHF World Championships and the 2004 World Cup of Hockey."

Without even getting into the Juniors....we do ok.

I suppose you're right...but when we were watching the 06' olympic games at school and Russia went up 2-0 (from what I remember...it's been a while) I remember my heart sinking. I know there's no shame in losing to the Russians, but regardless, losing is tough on fans :( .

I'm American and hoping we can win, but the Canadian roster is going to be too tough for us to beat without some real luck. The first two lines will look like an all-time dream team, and LeCavalier passes to Crosby, who passes to Heatley... How the hell can you stop those guys?