Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7joe1

Vapor XX Skate Blades

I bought XXs about a month ago and last nite while playing a game i blocked a low shot and it snapped my blade. I have heard bad things about the Vapor XX chassis and blades but didnt think that they could be that weak. The break occured under one of the rectangular holes cut into the blade, in my opinion these holes serve no purpose other than to make the holder "lighter" or to simply break easier.

I took the skate over to the shop where i bought it from and of course the blade isnt covered under warrantee so i have to fork out $50 for a new one. (price so high because im in Australia).

Has anyone else had such bad luck with the Bauer/Tuuk Lightspeed blades? How long did they last?

Note: I skate 4-5 times a week

I was playing in a tournament this winter and I fell and went feet first into the boards and it cracked my blade right in two. They didn't last long but I don't think this should be taken into consideration of their durability because I went into the boards hard. Thankfully, I did not injur myself.

i have used light speeds on both of my past two skates, I have had each skate fgor a year. I had to replace both of the blades twice and each time it broke, it was the smae skate. SO i dont think they are to durable buh u get a great feel for the ice with them

Ive been using lightspeeds for a little over a year now and I haven't experienced any problems or have any steel nor the holders break.

i think the problem is with the perf steel, because i've had my 8090's since may and they're still perfect

I had my old XXs for a year, no breakings, but i've had this new pair for 2 months or so, I broke one of my blades a couple weeks ago in Minnesota, i have the non-perferated/hole steel now, seems to be working fine again.

Yes guys non-perferated steel is the way to go. I have found that steel thats perferated breaks so much easier, as most of you know. I think they should put non-perferated steel on the vapor xx's as stock.

But then they wouldn't be light *enough* for some people. I agree though, i like the non perfed way better.

how come they didnt put the blades from the vapor 8 or 10 on the new lightspeed holders, or at least have that same cut out... im talking about the little triangle cutouts... it seems like that would be lighter ??? i might be wrong though

If you guys also don't know all pro stock bauer skates don't have the perf steel blades, usually they are always the whole ones.

I just switched out the perf. steel in my V-12s for solid steel (thanks JR), and I am glad I did. The solid steel blades seem to be more responsive. It could also be the fact that both of my Lightspeed holders were misaligned from the factory too, but I definitely recommend the solid steel blades.

Yeah, Matt's skates were a mess. The back was aligned fine but the fronts were off. When I took off the front rivets the holder shifted back as if they were spring-loaded.

I was not aware you could change out the perf for non-perf---my LHS said can't do. Is it hard to do ?

I was not aware you could change out the perf for non-perf---my LHS said can't do. Is it hard to do ?

It's very, very easy.

It is possible, i had it done on my skates, it's a matter of ten minutes tops with the right tools.