Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spartansniper

blade foam durability

I have a vapor XV blade and have been using it for about a month. Im the kind of guy that takes a lot of one-timers and one touch passes. Ive noticed that my blade suddenly has lost all feel, and my velocity has suffered hugely. naturally i figured i had a crack or something on the blade and sure enough the surface is in pristine condition. Am i correct in assuming that the foam or watever is in the blade has just been beaten to death? Has anybody else noticed this and or i know this sounds strange do some blades have stronger foam than others?

It happened on all my synergys and si-cores. Even my stealth and xn10. Usually if you press on the blade, it will be kinda mushy.

It happened on all my synergys and si-cores. Even my stealth and xn10. Usually if you press on the blade, it will be kinda mushy.

Yeah I know what you mean, you can bend it a bit and the foam will make some noise. It happened to my rubber response and my synergy grip'02. My vector never got soft until it broke after 5 months.

yea thats exactly how it feels. the blade feels like "waterlogged" when i shoot. Is the si-core completly filled with silicon or does it have foam too, cuz ud think that a si core wouldnt go softer?

The mushyness if happening with the pro TPS genesis i have. I was worried it was gonna break real fast but now i guess im just gonna use it in practices and beat the crap out of it.

yea thats exactly how it feels. the blade feels like "waterlogged" when i shoot. Is the si-core completly filled with silicon or does it have foam too, cuz ud think that a si core wouldnt go softer?

When I broke my Si-core I took the blade apart and only found two strips os silicon. The strips looked like scotch tape.

I've broken 3 si-cores so far. After everyone broke I cut the blades and I couldn't find any silicone in any of them.

when a kid on my team broke his we found a green rubbery strip in it.

yeah that's what the guy was holding when he was explaining how the silicon worked, when they did the show on the discovery channel.

I've broken 3 si-cores so far. After everyone broke I cut the blades and I couldn't find any silicone in any of them.

Retail or pro stock?

My blades never get too mushy, they usually broke first.

My prostocks always turn to mush. They barely ever break. That goes for countless synergys and a couple si-cores

I think tyler had the prostock mccabes