Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masterpeice_patrice

pick up hockey (shinny) pet peeves

Guaranteed to happen once a month...

a) You're late.

b) There are five extra guys on dark, and you're wearing black

c) The door you skated through is now gaping wide open.

Kids (hell; adults too) who think the rink boards are outfitted to close themselves.

Kids (hell; adults too) who think the rink boards are outfitted to close themselves.

I see that happen at open skate a lot too, although its much less of a problem at open skate than it is during a hockey game.

happened today on the bench door and a guy fell through... kinda funny..he was ok

Everybody needs to watch the video clip of Scott Gomez getting hit into an open door that broke his pelvis. No one would ever leave a door open again. It's scary shit, espcially if you've ever been hit into one or had a door open on you from hit.

Oh yes, more fun with some self proclaimed shinny players. Dude, what's your problem? Are you out to get me or something? Throwing sticks away, slashing and hacking. Even when were haven't started playing, your on me for always playing on my best friends team. Well believe whatever you want, but here's a thought. HE'S MY BEST FRIEND? We played on the same team when I was way better than him! I could give less of a hoot that he's easily the best player in our grade. I've played AGAINST him enough to know that. And the teams are still so evenly matched that even with a player of his caliber, your team is still equal or better in terms of numbers or players with skill. And furthermore, apparently it's all good when you crosscheck me to the boards and trip me up. But when I sticklift and use my body in the corner's, I'm being cheap? Or the fact that apparently every goal you score is highlight reel worthy. ANYBODY CAN STAND AT THE SIDE OF A NET AND MAKE A NICE LOOKING TAP IN. Your not that great. The fact that I can score multiple goals all which would include me simply snagging the puck and placing whatever shot top shelf is luck? Yes, I have my head down. Maybe because the stick goes to my flipping collarbone and I might happen to know how to shoot corners. And you claim "I suck at hockey" or even further that "I'm a loser or nerd"? Well, I've played at a higher level that you could ever hope. My 60% is your 85%. I can toe drag, spin, do whatever with ease, I simply don't feel a need to go all out in FLOOR HOCKEY(Unless a girl I like is watching). So take reality check, and please shut up.

Sorry guys, more rant than pet peeves, but I really had to get this off my chest. God some people...

Oh yes, more fun with some self proclaimed shinny players. Dude, what's your problem? Are you out to get me or something? Throwing sticks away, slashing and hacking. Even when were haven't started playing, your on me for always playing on my best friends team. Well believe whatever you want, but here's a thought. HE'S MY BEST FRIEND? We played on the same team when I was way better than him! I could give less of a hoot that he's easily the best player in our grade. I've played AGAINST him enough to know that. And the teams are still so evenly matched that even with a player of his caliber, your team is still equal or better in terms of numbers or players with skill. And furthermore, apparently it's all good when you crosscheck me to the boards and trip me up. But when I sticklift and use my body in the corner's, I'm being cheap? Or the fact that apparently every goal you score is highlight reel worthy. ANYBODY CAN STAND AT THE SIDE OF A NET AND MAKE A NICE LOOKING TAP IN. Your not that great. The fact that I can score multiple goals all which would include me simply snagging the puck and placing whatever shot top shelf is luck? Yes, I have my head down. Maybe because the stick goes to my flipping collarbone and I might happen to know how to shoot corners. And you claim "I suck at hockey" or even further that "I'm a loser or nerd"? Well, I've played at a higher level that you could ever hope. My 60% is your 85%. I can toe drag, spin, do whatever with ease, I simply don't feel a need to go all out in FLOOR HOCKEY(Unless a girl I like is watching). So take reality check, and please shut up.

Sorry guys, more rant than pet peeves, but I really had to get this off my chest. God some people...

Amen to that, we've all been there

LOL...wow. Reminds me of highschool and why there isnt enough money in the world to make me want to relive those years of my life.

I go to an afternoon shinny session, in my town, and the thing that bugs me the most is the fact that the same guys show up every day(same core), and they always wear the same coloured jerseys?????? WTF So all the new to hockey shinny players put white on and the teams are way unfair.....the guys in color shirts score goals all day long on the white unexpierienced team? Then think thier all stars, after doing it? These are grown men??? Taking the puck from a girl who cant skate???? Unbelievable!!!! I puposely put a white on to help the new people! I will never get it? Its like they never score on thier league team....thats it!!!!!!! I just figured it out! Pathetic!

I go to an afternoon shinny session, in my town, and the thing that bugs me the most is the fact that the same guys show up every day(same core), and they always wear the same coloured jerseys?????? WTF So all the new to hockey shinny players put white on and the teams are way unfair.....the guys in color shirts score goals all day long on the white unexpierienced team? Then think thier all stars, after doing it? These are grown men??? Taking the puck from a girl who cant skate???? Unbelievable!!!! I puposely put a white on to help the new people! I will never get it? Its like they never score on thier league team....thats it!!!!!!! I just figured it out! Pathetic!

Some people need that ego boost to get through their day.

It is like that at our skate except it is the dark team that gets the guys who have never skated before. I always play dark and it makes me so pissed to see these so called gold a players celebrating their goals after basically skating around the newbies and avoiding me. One guy did the bow and arrow celebration with a very loud WHOOOO after. I laughed so hard and he got pissed. Every time from there on out that anyone scored I would celebrate and yell whooooO!

It is like that at our skate except it is the dark team that gets the guys who have never skated before. I always play dark and it makes me so pissed to see these so called gold a players celebrating their goals after basically skating around the newbies and avoiding me. One guy did the bow and arrow celebration with a very loud WHOOOO after. I laughed so hard and he got pissed. Every time from there on out that anyone scored I would celebrate and yell whooooO!

That's perfect!!! :laugh: lol I think we play at the same shinny game?? :facepalm: lol

I get emabarrased for these guys!! Last time we played I told them "you guys are All Stars eh"??? :rolleyes:

as I read this more and more, i encounter other peoples experiences and it makes laugh a little.... like a guy a couple days go asked to use my clear tape and took whats left of the roll... that stuff isn't free son of a b

This was a new one for me. Pick-up Sunday night, yes Super Bowl Sunday, so only 8 showed and no goalies. So a laid back 4v4 scrimmage playing posts right? Not for one guy who fired at the open net from the blue line everytime and even did the double arm up celly afterward. And no, he didn't hit post.

That's perfect!!! :laugh: lol I think we play at the same shinny game?? :facepalm: lol

I get emabarrased for these guys!! Last time we played I told them "you guys are All Stars eh"??? :rolleyes:

I am playing out here in Sacramento, California. But I am sure these guys are related or rode the same short bus to school! WOOHOO!

Got hit in the helmet with a flying stick when a guy decided that instead of letting me coast to a puck that was iced he was gonna race me for it. He didn't say one word to me, not sorry, didn't check to see if I was okay, just kept skating around like the scouts were watching. I probably wouldn't have been so mad about it, but soon after he was bragging about the "sick dangle" he put on a guy who could barely stand up on his skates. Though the guy who got beat was pretty funny, he celebrated knocking the puck away from this guy later on the same way.

Well, touche was a better fit there than douche, so it seemed maybe he was unaware that touche was the spelling, since it's pronounced differently.

One thing I've learned on this board is I never know when I'm talking to a 40-year-old or a 14-year-old.

Well, touche was a better fit there than douche, so it seemed maybe he was unaware that touche was the spelling, since it's pronounced differently.

One thing I've learned on this board is I never know when I'm talking to a 40-year-old or a 14-year-old.

Haha a valid point.

I meant touche- "two-shay" not the other word...I'm 23

Happened last week: I play in a beer-league tuesday nights, and for the most parts the league is pretty even. One team running away in first, one team clearly the weakest, the rest are all equal. However the black team in my league are one of those teams that hack, slash, trip, etc. Just a really dirty team. They've already cost me two sticks this year taking two-handers. So last week we're playing (keep in mind it is a non-contact league), and I'm one of my team's better players, I'm taking the puck up the left wing side with a guy chasing me. He cross-checks me in the back, right into the d-man who proceeds to crosscheck me in the visor. No call on the play since the referees in the league suck. I get up, skate back down the ice and catch their guy with the puck coming across the middle (who happened to be the guy who gave me the first crosscheck) and just lay him out.

Yes I know that because of this, I can be lumped in with the jerks we're discussing here, but it felt so good to finally get some form of retribution on these guys. His whole line tried to go after me for the hit screaming about how it was a dirty play and a cheap shot. I just scoffed it off and took my minor penalty. Strangely enough they left me alone for the rest of the game. On the note of them calling it dirty, it was actually one of the cleanest hits I've ever thrown. If I wanted to make it a dirty shot I could have, but I was satisfied with the shoulder to the chest I threw.