Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masterpeice_patrice

pick up hockey (shinny) pet peeves

We have pick-up at our local rink every weeknight, and on Tuesday nights it's an hour of drills and an hour of pick-up. We have a couple "better" players who come out for pick-up on Tuesdays, and they genuinely seem interested in helping us newbies. One of them brought up a good point a few weeks back, that there's no reason for the higher skilled guys to be coming out on Tuesday nights and taking the puck away from guys just learning (unless they're one of the few guys who is going to help you learn by actually, you know, passing you the puck).

I think a beginners pick-up night like this, with an hour of drills, is a great idea - I just wish the organizer would tell the guys who have no interest in helping out the newbies to stay home (But how can he? They're paying just like the rest of us... not much he can do, I suppose).

I got one from earlier tonight.

So whenever I get dressed and leave the locker room to go hop on the ice, I tuck my bag under the bench where I sat. Tonight I get back in the locker room and see a guy sitting where I sat earlier (my "spot" I guess you could say), with his bag in front of mine getting undressed and such. I mean really? Obviously you can see my shit there, why choose that spot? And then this guy had the balls to glare at me when I asked him to move real quick so I could get my bag (out from under him, I wonder how it got there?). This was the same guy who threw my bag to the middle of the room a few months earlier, during a crowded stick time. I cant wait for the day that im running a little late, so I can take his spot, and make him get dressed and stuff standing.

I got one from earlier tonight.

So whenever I get dressed and leave the locker room to go hop on the ice, I tuck my bag under the bench where I sat. Tonight I get back in the locker room and see a guy sitting where I sat earlier (my "spot" I guess you could say), with his bag in front of mine getting undressed and such. I mean really? Obviously you can see my shit there, why choose that spot? And then this guy had the balls to glare at me when I asked him to move real quick so I could get my bag (out from under him, I wonder how it got there?). This was the same guy who threw my bag to the middle of the room a few months earlier, during a crowded stick time. I cant wait for the day that im running a little late, so I can take his spot, and make him get dressed and stuff standing.

Dude, I hate that guy! I think his twin is in Cincy, except this guy takes up at least space for 3 people and gets huffy when someone slides his strewn-out gear closer to him so they can sit on the bench.

Lol, it really pissed me off the time he threw my bag to the middle of the room.

It was like, hey cool, look at that, my iPod fell out of my bag and is sitting on the floor next to it. Thanks for throwing my stuff....

It seems there are a few of those at every drop-in. What really gets me is when there's a nearly empty locker room right next door, but they still have to come in and sit in someone else's spot. Reminds of me little kids that can't be away from the "popular" locker room. Lately I just throw my bag on the bench, and if anyone moves it I've got no problem telling them to get their shit out of my spot.

My other least favorite is the self proclaimed semi-pro who makes fun of the guys just starting to play.

Oh, yeah. I have one of those guys and somehow ended up on the same C-minor team with him. I started playing last November and this guy is on my ass non-stop. He says he "played for the Wheeling Nailers" only 2 years ago but his career was cut short because of a broken rib. The fella is upper 50's if not 60 already, regularly takes 10 minute shifts and derides EVERYBODY on the bench when he thinks he could have done better (which, he thinks, is 100% of the time). Biggest fu$%ing loudmouth i have ever met. Meanwhile, he glides around out there like he's skating with his girlfriend, camps out on the blue line waiting for a cherry-pick, and is eager to hit people in the face with his wild slapshot.

So, our league is starting up in February. Captain sends out an email getting us together for practice and this savant hits REPLY ALL and proceeds to, again, deride the whole team for being "loosers" and never showing up to practice. Read on . . .

FROM BOB

Ill bet you hardley anybody shows up Thursady..They say the want to play but have excuses everytime why they cant...

No wonder half of them are LOSERS....!!!!! Hockey is a team sport either show up to practice or DONT F&%^ING PLAY...GET..IT..!!!!

I dont know about you but Im TIRED OF F&%^ING LOOSING AND SO ARE ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WHOI HAVE A PASSION TO PLAY THIS GAME.. GIVE THEM THEIR MONEY BACK AND LET THEM GO PLAY F&$%ING PING PONG SOMEWHERE.!! AND IM SURE I DONT JUST SPEAK FOR MYSELF... GO PAY 5 BUCKS AND SKATE AT A PUBLIC SKATE NOT $ 100 AND SOME ODD DOLLARS AND F&^% UP A HOCKEY TEAM... GET IT... EVIDENTLY THEY DONT..!! STUPID MORONS..!!!!!

IF THEY DONT SHOW UP TO PRACTICE WITHOUT A GREAT EXCUSE THEN THEY DONT F^$%ING PLAY..!!

GET IT.....PERIOD... NO CRYING...NO COMPLAINING..YOU WERE WARNED....!!!!!!!!! NO PRACTICE...NO PLAY..!!!!

GET IT...GET..IT..GOT..IT...GOOD..!!!! END OF STORY..!!

FROM ME

Thanks a lot coach. I'm pretty sure no one gives a sh%^ what you think, Bob. Maybe if you spent half as much effort moving your feet on the ice as you do running your mouth on the bench, someone might listen.

Yours truly & f%^$ you bob

FROM BOB

MAYBE YOU SHOLD REALLY LOOK AT WHAT I WROTE BECAUSE IT REALLY DIRECTED TO YOU ESPECIALLY..YOU SUCK..YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY POSITION..YOUR ALL OVER THE ICE...YOU RUN INTO YOUR OWN PLAYERS CONSTANTLY..LEARN THE GAME...OR GO F$%^ING PLAY PING-PONG..WHEN YOU THINK YOUR AS GOOD AS ME LET ME KNOW AND WE CAN PUT MONEY ON A SHOOTOUT BETWEEN ME AND YOU... ILL BET YOU $ 200.00 I HAVE MORE GOALS THAN YOU THIS SEASON...PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOTUTH IS BABY...OR ARE YOU A PUSSY..

This guy is living in a fantasy land where our beer league games are, somehow, profoundly relevant and everybody sucks but him. Just last Saturday I skated right by him for 5 goals at practice. God help me get through this season without hurting somebody . . .

Oh, yeah. I have one of those guys and somehow ended up on the same C-minor team with him. I started playing last November and this guy is on my ass non-stop. He says he "played for the Wheeling Nailers" only 2 years ago but his career was cut short because of a broken rib. The fella is upper 50's if not 60 already, regularly takes 10 minute shifts and derides EVERYBODY on the bench when he thinks he could have done better (which, he thinks, is 100% of the time). Biggest fu$%ing loudmouth i have ever met. Meanwhile, he glides around out there like he's skating with his girlfriend, camps out on the blue line waiting for a cherry-pick, and is eager to hit people in the face with his wild slapshot.

So, our league is starting up in February. Captain sends out an email getting us together for practice and this savant hits REPLY ALL and proceeds to, again, deride the whole team for being "loosers" and never showing up to practice. Read on . . .

FROM BOB

Ill bet you hardley anybody shows up Thursady..They say the want to play but have excuses everytime why they cant...

No wonder half of them are LOSERS....!!!!! Hockey is a team sport either show up to practice or DONT FUCKING PLAY...GET..IT..!!!!

I dont know about you but Im TIRED OF FUCKING LOOSING AND SO ARE ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WHOI HAVE A PASSION TO PLAY THIS GAME.. GIVE THEM THEIR MONEY BACK AND LET THEM GO PLAY FUCKING PING PONG SOMEWHERE.!! AND IM SURE I DONT JUST SPEAK FOR MYSELF... GO PAY 5 BUCKS AND SKATE AT A PUBLIC SKATE NOT $ 100 AND SOME ODD DOLLARS AND FUCK UP A HOCKEY TEAM... GET IT... EVIDENTLY THEY DONT..!! STUPID MORONS..!!!!!

IF THEY DONT SHOW UP TO PRACTICE WITHOUT A GREAT EXCUSE THEN THEY DONT FUCKING PLAY..!!

GET IT.....PERIOD... NO CRYING...NO COMPLAINING..YOU WERE WARNED....!!!!!!!!! NO PRACTICE...NO PLAY..!!!!

GET IT...GET..IT..GOT..IT...GOOD..!!!! END OF STORY..!!

FROM ME

Thanks a lot coach. I'm pretty sure no one gives a shit what you think, Bob. Maybe if you spent half as much effort moving your feet on the ice as you do running your mouth on the bench, someone might listen.

Yours truly & fuck you bob

FROM BOB

MAYBE YOU SHOLD REALLY LOOK AT WHAT I WROTE BECAUSE IT REALLY DIRECTED TO YOU ESPECIALLY..YOU SUCK..YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY POSITION..YOUR ALL OVER THE ICE...YOU RUN INTO YOUR OWN PLAYERS CONSTANTLY..LEARN THE GAME...OR GO FUCKING PLAY PING-PONG..WHEN YOU THINK YOUR AS GOOD AS ME LET ME KNOW AND WE CAN PUT MONEY ON A SHOOTOUT BETWEEN ME AND YOU... ILL BET YOU $ 200.00 I HAVE MORE GOALS THAN YOU THIS SEASON...PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOTUTH IS BABY...OR ARE YOU A PUSSY..

This guy is living in a fantasy land where our beer league games are, somehow, profoundly relevant and everybody sucks but him. Just last Saturday I skated right by him for 5 goals at practice. God help me get through this season without hurting somebody . . .

And the reason you want him on your team is . . .

And the reason you want him on your team is . . .

Unfortunately, it's not my team. I spoke with the Captain; after begging me to stay,he said that he would "talk to him." I doubt anything will change - this will be my last season with these guys though.

I am thinking about sweetening the pot on his little wager though. This season's points leader stays, whoever is not leaves forever. Either way, I win as I don't ever have to see his 4-tooth smile again.

Unfortunately, it's not my team. I spoke with the Captain; after begging me to stay,he said that he would "talk to him." I doubt anything will change - this will be my last season with these guys though.

I am thinking about sweetening the pot on his little wager though. This season's points leader stays, whoever is not leaves forever. Either way, I win as I don't ever have to see his 4-tooth smile again.

I would think the rest of the guys on the team wouldn't want him around, either. Maybe your captain is the kind of guy who just can't/won't make that kind of decision?

I would think the rest of the guys on the team wouldn't want him around, either. Maybe your captain is the kind of guy who just can't/won't make that kind of decision?

Pretty sure that everybody else on the team hates his guts too (including the Cap), but just don't want to get involved. The craphole is a regular at the pick-up that the Captain runs and, to him, Bigmouth bob = money in the pocket. While I am one of the only guys that will tell him to shut the fudge up and worry about himself, I am also the rookie and what I say probably carries very little weight.

here's one that's a bit different, happened to me a while ago

Went to open practice, teams were picked and we start. After 10 mins it's clear the teams are 1 sided. Our team has a few average players, like me, with a few new guys except for this one looser who acts like an all-star. So we are down 8-2 or something and this guy on our team is constantly shouting at everyone and riding on the newer guys for being crap. It was no ones fault that the teams were not even, it just happens. Some nights you get a close game and some nights you get a blow out.

After a while the stonger team offer to trade players to even the side up but this arse of a guy is like "No, it's fine" and continues to moan at the team like it's our punishment that we are not as good as him. Guy was a total looser must have had roid rage or something. I had already told him a few times to "shut his mouth we can't all be world beaters like him" and how much of a "great" game he was having (sarcasticlly)but he just went on and on......

I ended up leaving the game early, just took all the fun out it. Won't be putting up with that again.

Pretty sure that everybody else on the team hates his guts too (including the Cap), but just don't want to get involved. The asshole is a regular at the pick-up that the Captain runs and, to him, Bigmouth bob = money in the pocket. While I am one of the only guys that will tell him to shut the fuck up and worry about himself, I am also the rookie and what I say probably carries very little weight.

Well if you really want to call him out see if his name pops up on hockeydb. If he played at Wheeling or anywhere else his name will show up.

Pretty sure that everybody else on the team hates his guts too (including the Cap), but just don't want to get involved.

How much money could he be worth? Sounds like too much trouble, but I've seen folks put up with a lot, and just not get motivated to change things.

Pretty sure that everybody else on the team hates his guts too (including the Cap), but just don't want to get involved. The craphole is a regular at the pick-up that the Captain runs and, to him, Bigmouth bob = money in the pocket. While I am one of the only guys that will tell him to shut the fudge up and worry about himself, I am also the rookie and what I say probably carries very little weight.

That's your way of cleaning up the language? LOL hahaha very nice :)

Have another good one for you guys... during lunchtime shinny today a guy with a tinted visor and t-blades( which for most of the time I think look sweet) took me 1 on 1 and the whole time he had his head down and skating pretty slow, and I did a pretty routine takeaway and what proceeded afterwards was quite uncalled for... he used some colorful language against me...I really didn't take it to heart and didn't say anything back and continued playing, but the next time we were both on the ice he kept on trying put his shoulder into me or rob me of the puck in a very exaggerated manor just for a single take away. First off its shinny, Second of all learn to keep your head up with the puck!

Have another good one for you guys... during lunchtime shinny today a guy with a tinted visor and t-blades( which for most of the time I think look sweet) took me 1 on 1 and the whole time he had his head down and skating pretty slow, and I did a pretty routine takeaway and what proceeded afterwards was quite uncalled for... he used some colorful language against me...I really didn't take it to heart and didn't say anything back and continued playing, but the next time we were both on the ice he kept on trying put his shoulder into me or rob me of the puck in a very exaggerated manor just for a single take away. First off its shinny, Second of all learn to keep your head up with the puck!

You can bet that sooner or later he will learn the hard way to keep his head up.

Yeah exactly... he had about 5 inches on me and probably weighed about 50 or so pounds more than me I mean I am no small guy at 5' 10" 180lbs, I can't wait to see it when he goes up against someone his own size!