Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahearn10

Custom skates

If you want a cheap flight from the DC area to Florida, check Spirit. They have some ridiculous rates if you book in advance.

Trying to go to Spirit's website and it won't load for me. Weird.

Response from my LHS:

"That’s what I was told directly by bauer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 1:10 PM

To: ******

Subject: RE: Custom One95's

Hi *****,

So are you saying that they only customize on length now? Even if you measure width and volume, toe box and heel that they won't use it?

John

And the next time someone at Bauer buys a pair of jeans, they'll only be allowed to look at the inseam length - no waist measurement, no cut, nothing.

And the next time someone at Bauer buys a pair of jeans, they'll only be allowed to look at the inseam length - no waist measurement, no cut, nothing.

It's the stupiest thing I ever heard. I don't know if someone is being lazy or is just uninformed.

I just got another email from my LHS that says he has another form for taking measurements, but that they probably wouldn't be taken into account. WTF?

I don't see why the shop would mislead me, they do custom fittings for figure skates all the time.

A trip to JR is looking more and more likely.

I ve been looking into getting some custom skates, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with eastwest hockey. I will have to do the custom order by phone if I decide to do it and I dont know how well that will go so just wondering if anyone has gotten custom skates from them before. Thanks

If you order from them, you most likely be steered towards the old style classic tongues, definitely heel lifts and a one size up in holders. Jason's personal preferences might work well for him but not for you. Go to a quality LHS.