Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

THC - AHL deal

Quality doesn't matter in these deals, I hate it when this crap happens. Great for the manufacturer and usually bad in the long run for just about everyone else.

I know deals like this happen all the time in other industries but aren't there some legal issues with a deal like that? Doesn't seem at all in keeping with fair trade practices.

As long as the PHPA gets something, they won't object. I'd think that some players woudn't be happy using all THC gear.

Guest phillyfan
Wow...looks like S&P's screwed...and if you ask me, they make a better jersey than THC...

I back that up 100%. My Vikings jersey, CCM made, has too many rips and wholes to count, emblems and stitching is torn to crap, and the jersey is just butt-ugly.(Ok, CCM didn't do it.) My Jaguars SP jersey has held up great, with the exception of a minor tear below my left elbow, it is durable, hands down. Everything on the jersey, nameplates, emblems and numbers are all firmly in place, and I have yet to see a stitch out of place yet.

But a blowout on equipment isn't always a bad thing...

The agreement was approved by the AHL’s Board of Governors, and will establish THC as the exclusive supplier of sticks, helmets, gloves, pants, jerseys and socks to 26 AHL teams

The key word is exclusive.

To me that says players have to use that gear, like it or not. They signed a similar agreement with the ECHL and everyone was wearing the ugly-ass x-rays.

I think THC has a similar deal with the CHL, well, at least the OHL, I've noticed that all of the teams wear CCM jerseys, helmets, socks, gloves, etc.

And Phillyfan, I don't think you can have animated avitars.

And Phillyfan, I don't think you can have animated avitars.

Next time either send a PM or let a Mod know.

Guest phillyfan

Thanks for letting me know, wish I found out before I was warned. :( Didn't know!

Guest phillyfan

Ugh, I should stop to read those, on every forum I am on once in a while. Dang.

I think THC has a similar deal with the CHL, well, at least the OHL, I've noticed that all of the teams wear CCM jerseys, helmets, socks, gloves, etc.

Yes, the CHL signed a deal with THC as well. Part of the logic is that guys will continue to use the stuff once they move on to the NHL. I can't see the NHL signing an exclusive deal with anyone.

Wow...looks like S&P's screwed...and if you ask me, they make a better jersey than THC...

I'm not that big of a SP fan. The material is nice and stretchy, but the dye process isn't that good IMO. When you stretch the material, the white layer beneath comes out more, ruining the vibrancy of the color. Ths SP material also seems to snag more for me, so I have all these loose fibers. The material is the same as some of the Bauer and Nike jerseys when they had NHL jerseys. I am not a fan of the replica jerseys from either brand, though. On the other hand, the authentic jersey for the Cleveland Barons is nice. It has the same material as the authentic Senators. I just hope with THC making AHL jerseys, it will be easier to find and buy!

I've always liked the heavy weight feel of an authentic jersey...about 15 yrs back they were really heavy...they felt like a hockey jersey. The players want lighter jerseys now, however, there is zero difference between a pro and replica other than the fight strap, embroidered logos and the NHL shield.

Vancouver and Montreal still use Ultrafil for game jerseys. It's the one w/o the holes.

Guest phillyfan
this may seem stupid, but what is this manufacturer SP? Thanks

They also make jerseys for your every day travel clubs, about 90% of the teams in my league feature the SP logo.

Bigger issues then Jerseys guys.

If you read carefully, STICKS, GLOVES & HELMETS. This is a serious hit to Easton and Bauer in the battle of the big 3. There will most likely be requirements on how many players on each team must wear each item. Sticks and Skates will be the highly contended issues, since they usually have player preference issues.

Much of Bauer's former NHL dominance was based on usage in the lower leagues. As players all of us know there is a comfort element to equipment. Now CHL players will wear THC's brands for 2-4 years. Most of these players move to the AHL when they turn pro add a possible 2-3 years, so they will again wear THC's brands. How likely are players to switch when they reach the NHL after 3-5 years of wearing the same product? Also, when a player gets called up, he will most likely wear what he is already use to.

Plus you will not see immediate results of the deal. It is a long-term program, that will take 2-3 season to show the full effect.

Canadian Hockey League deal is similar but different. Hopefully, when more details trickle out it will be the same. The CHL limits the number of suppliers in each category. With different number of supplers for each category based on how they see fit. The CHL deal is good for the League and teams, since much of the money is product related.

I've always liked the heavy weight feel of an authentic jersey...about 15 yrs back they were really heavy...they felt like a hockey jersey. The players want lighter jerseys now, however, there is zero difference between a pro and replica other than the fight strap, embroidered logos and the NHL shield.

Vancouver and Montreal still use Ultrafil for game jerseys. It's the one w/o the holes.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the differences between replicas and authentics nowadays. The one thing I don't like about the replicas is that they don't have the underarm gussets anymore. Although that only bothers me when I use the jerseys for games. I love the Ultrafil material. I think that was what I was referring to with the Cleveland barons jersey. I have some old IHL and AHL authentics with that material.