Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueXJ

Mission Fuel 95 XP Skates

I was just wondering if anyone has used the Mission Fuel 95 XP skates. They have em on sale at Hockey Giant for around $142 at Hockey Giant if you use a 5% off coupon.

I'm a pretty new skater and have been skating for about 15 months. I'm not sure I can justify $300 bucks plus on a new pair of skates yet. My first pair of skates were a pair of Mission S300's and I like them but the tendon guards are starting to rip pretty good so I am in need of a new pair of skates.

So I am thinking about trying the XP's Any opinions???

i just got them. didnt know about the 5% coupon though. doh!

oh well, glad they're still cause i need a stiff skate as im 200lbs. hope they're nice and comfy!

i liked the extra lace hole at the top compared to the AG line, touch more supportive. Mission says the XP line is for "power" skaters whatever that means, like there's anyone that doesn't want to skate powerfully.

Mine are set to get here tomorrow.

I have a friend with a skate oven so I should be able to get em molded this weekend or early next week.

I was holding out for the supreme 70's or the Vapor XXV to drop in price some more but I found this deal and it's something that fits my budget right now.

How does a stiffer skate affect stopping?

How does a stiffer skate affect stopping?

should help out for quicker stops. less boot slop and proper support equals better foot/skate position assuming your skating is up to snuff.

seems like a great season-end deal. not often you get a $250-$300 skate for $150. from the videos ive watched @ Missions site, the XP fits my skating style. im not terribly fancy and can use the extra ankle support for push offs and dangling.

Not exactly the 95 but I bought a pair of the 110 XP EEs at a great price as a short term solution to tide me over. I like them alot and love the Pitch 3 holder and steel. Mine have the thin tongue and it gives me lace bite issues on my left foot and is starting to curl forward where it meets the bottom of the boot. Pretty decent skate though and I have fugly feet and the fit isn't too painfull.

I've got a pair of 95XPs. The boot is "tall", meaning it's cut higher above the ankle than some other boots (s300). They're a bit loose in the heel though. I do dig the Pitch holders though.

my Wicked 5 roller's are pretty tall and i like the extra support so its cool with me. i hope not to have any lace bite problems though, higher end boots shouldnt have that problem...well see monday when i get them.

Considering the best deal I've found on Pitch 3 holder/runner combos is $50, I might pick up a pair of xp95s, swap the Pitch onto my Grafs and just hang on to an extra pair of boots. Thanks for the heads up on the deal.

I used to have Mission rollers and they were damn nice fitting. I bought a pair for that "deal" price to give 'em a try. For that price I figured it was worth a shot.

They are relatively light for a boot that is stiff. I baked them once and that really helped the fit. After a few more skates in them they are feeling good.

Coming from older low end vapors these are a huge upgrade. I can see why so many players like the pitch holders and steel. These really bite well and I have more confidence with aggressive stops.

-Elwood

i got mine last week. great skate for the $150 i spent on them. not ultra light skates, but they're far from heavy an offer great support. gonna have to work them in a bit, but no complaints so far.

yes this is an old topic, but these skates (fuel 95 xp) are $70 at hockeygiant and i am debating on getting them, how are they compared to a 1st yr synergy skate?

I was also thinking about the N/B surpreme 70, anyone have some input on these or the fuel 95 xp's?