Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Supreme 8090 initial thoughts

JR - When will you put up a review of the 8090's?

He's updating this thread every time he uses them. A full review will come later.

Thanks captain obvious, that is why I asked when the review was coming ;)

Obviously he isn't going to do a full review after skating in them briefly a couple of times. Captain obvious thought you may have enough sense to realize that. Have a little patience.

Damn, thats a hell of a deal. I wonder if they fleece you on the shipping. Normally on their skates they offer free shipping.

Their shipping has always been quite reasonable. I can get things shipped to me 2nd day air than I can buy them in town.

The whole -90 line that Bauer has come back with is a much deeper volume skate...i'm on the 20-90 for inline and have worn a 10.5 in Bauer since the Mega line first came out about what 16 years ago..and could have/should have tried the 10 with the amount of volume in the skate...granted the 20-90 is an R width. (ie.E) and I'm normally a EE..but make sure you try them on before purchase..give them a few min for certain...

Skated in an open hockey session today.

The reverse leaning is going away, however, I was getting some bad discomfort around the third eyelet on one skate and lacebite on the other. I'm thinking the problem on the left skate has to do with my shinpads. Keep in mind I've been skating with a lower-cut skate for two years now and I bought my shinpads with those in mind.

I think a few more skates and they'll be fully broken in.

Hey JR, would you rate them better than Vapor XX's, i have just saved enough cash for a new pair of skates and im looking at Vapor XX's - 8090's and Vector Pro's. But were they really that good of a skate ????? ....

Amazing....There really isnt a "choice" between the XX and 8090. If one fits you well, then the other is not going to. They are that different in fit.