Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Supreme 8090 initial thoughts

I'm really really tempted to try them out. I found out today I can get a good deal on them (around $300, and sorry, I can't get the deal for anyone else). Only problem is I'd have to order them without trying them on. Right now I'm in a perfect fit in a 9 W Graf 705. I used the BNH foot device and it said I'm at a 9 1/2 in between D and E. To make matters even more confusing, people are saying that the 8090s fit differently than other Bauers.

Skated in a pickup game in them tonight.

I kept the last eyelet undone.

Relatively no pain in the skate except for the right one where I was getting slight lace bite (however, I think the shinpad was pushing down too low on it.)

Skated okay - the only problem is that I really felt like I was on my heels, and I even fell once backward because of it. I think lifts in the heel is the next step.

A bad craftsman always blames his tools, maybes you forgot how to skate?! :rolleyes:

that's the excuse my parents kept giving me when my skates were 2 sizes too big :P

JR, do you have any problems with forward flex? i have only a tiny bit in my 8090's because of how stiff the lacebite protector in the tongue is,

hmm, how much do you think you'd have to do to get the skate like the vapor xx as far as the forward and backward lean?

I was bored in the store so I decided to put on the lifts I had made for my Pure Flys. I put one on the left skate and left the right skate normal...then went out and skated a few laps. Then I just stood on one foot at a time and the ones with the lifts felt much better. I went ahead and added it to the other skate.

jr im going from graf705 with lightspeeds (standard 9 radius) to 8090s. i kno grafs havea more aggressive angle to them, what have you done so far to your 8090s besides the lifts, and what size lifts did you use?

on a side note im also thinking about switching out the lightspeed to a pitch, just a thought tho.

JR - When will you put up a review of the 8090's?

He's updating this thread every time he uses them. A full review will come later.

JR - When will you put up a review of the 8090's?

He's updating this thread every time he uses them. A full review will come later.

Thanks captain obvious, that is why I asked when the review was coming ;)

Hey JR, would you rate them better than Vapor XX's, i have just saved enough cash for a new pair of skates and im looking at Vapor XX's - 8090's and Vector Pro's. But were they really that good of a skate ????? ....

I'm really really tempted to try them out. I found out today I can get a good deal on them (around $300, and sorry, I can't get the deal for anyone else). Only problem is I'd have to order them without trying them on. Right now I'm in a perfect fit in a 9 W Graf 705. I used the BNH foot device and it said I'm at a 9 1/2 in between D and E. To make matters even more confusing, people are saying that the 8090s fit differently than other Bauers.

300 american or canadian? there 300 american at cyclone taylors.