Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

team50

RYR pants

I went a hockey shop today for receiving repaired gloves though,

I told a shopman that these situation then he said he would call to RYR instead of me!

He is good at speaking English differently from me.

I will make a post again after I heard from him.

I heard from the shopman.

He could call and talk with a worker of RYR.

But he said me he has felt something like strange...

He couldn't communicate with the worker well.

He said me that he has felt as "confused saying" but I couldn't understand its correct meaning.

Then, the worker said they have already made my pants without my confirmation.

I can't understand their thinking...

The biggest problem is that they have made my pants without any confirmation about its size.

I don't know really the size would be fit for me or not...

Certainly I got some information from the shopman who I know.

But it is a result of that me of customer tried to contact with them and the shopman helped me.

It never change I have not received any information directly from them.

I can do nothing because I can't communicate with them directly...

I heard they have already made my pants though, I've escalated my message through PayPal into claim.

Of course they are ignoring this PayPal claim though, it is expected to go refunding stage if they continued ignoring more 2days.

My purpose is not refunding but also to get better thing.

But it's just troublesome that arriving the thing which I don't choose and accept well.

I'm wondering what should I action for next...

It's so difficult because they don't reaction even PayPal clam...

I've got a message from president of RYR Sports few days ago.

And now I can communicate with him directly.

It seems that the man who answered the phone by my friend and had stopped my messages is Italian person.

There were many things but probably it may be shipped today.

I'm looking forward to receive and open the box.

I've received my pants!
I appreciate one of my friend and oldtrainerguy28!

DSC_0108.jpg

Then... I feel this is very good sizing for me.
Look, this is my current Tackla pants, size 48.
The outseam size is the same as Tackla but huge difference around waist or hip size.

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

This RYR pants is very suitable for me.

But certainly I feel little difficultly to move because of the pads.

DSC_0114_a.jpg

At first the outseam size of both pants are closely the same but thigh pads are not.
RYR 1~2cm longer than Tackla.

DSC_0113_a.jpg

Additionally RYR have extra pads between waist band and thigh pads.
I usually choosing cheap protectors without skate/glove/stick for easy moving.
So I don't know how is it going current top model of pants though, I've not felt better.

But! I'm satisfied with this pants now.

I will order real one next year based on this pants.

I had ordered this in standard size for it.

I've received my pants!

I appreciate one of my friend and oldtrainerguy28!

DSC_0108.jpg

Then... I feel this is very good sizing for me.

Look, this is my current Tackla pants, size 48.

The outseam size is the same as Tackla but huge difference around waist or hip size.

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

This RYR pants is very suitable for me.

But certainly I feel little difficultly to move because of the pads.

DSC_0114_a.jpg

At first the outseam size of both pants are closely the same but thigh pads are not.

RYR 1~2cm longer than Tackla.

DSC_0113_a.jpg

Additionally RYR have extra pads between waist band and thigh pads.

I usually choosing cheap protectors without skate/glove/stick for easy moving.

So I don't know how is it going current top model of pants though, I've not felt better.

But! I'm satisfied with this pants now.

I will order real one next year based on this pants.

I had ordered this in standard size for it.

Couple of Q's:

-How long did it take to make them?

-Would you recommend them?

-When you input your waist measurement, did you measure your waist in inches or did you use a retail pair of jeans/pants/slacks measurement? For example, I'm a 36" waist, but I wear a size 33" pair of jeans/dress pants.

Couple of Q's:

-How long did it take to make them?

-Would you recommend them?

-When you input your waist measurement, did you measure your waist in inches or did you use a retail pair of jeans/pants/slacks measurement? For example, I'm a 36" waist, but I wear a size 33" pair of jeans/dress pants.

1. I finished its payment on 18/11/2014 and received yesterday, so it took just a month.

It was very hard shopping for me because they didn't answer anything.

I couldn't use phone because my English speaking and too large time difference (12h).

But they didn't answer for 20 days for my 3 times email and 1 PayPal message and finally even PayPal claim.

In fact, finally they didn't action to PayPal claim so I received refund from PayPal.

For 20 days from I paid, I didn't receive any email or action, even such automation mail of receiving order and payment.

It seems that Italian assistant, who is not good at English stopped all of my question or inquiries.

After the president of RYR would answer directly, it went smoothly.

2. Yes, I recommend this pants for example for the players who is not tall but have thick legs or big hip.

I'm 168cm though, for example to see Martin St.Louis, he has much thicker legs against the other tall NHL players.

Of course I'm not St.Louis! but not a few athlete level small players may feel as same as little thinner about inside volume of pants, I think.

There is not such big difference in thickness of thigh, hip or waist between big and small tall, but in reality these sizes are decided S, M, L.

3. I used real size of my waist, not clothing size waist.

I measured my waist size with a tapeline and told "87cm (34-1/4inch)" for RYR.

I was thinking more volume for hip so I'm satisfied with this size.

For the waist, to tell the truth I want little more "wring-able" length 2~3cm.

It's ok if only it could move the waist belt port little bit shortly.

But if I ordered the pants for 80cm waist, perhaps I didn't satisfied with its inside volume.

It's different story if it would be made by draping cut and sewing though, it is the better way now I can use is that to choose wide pants size and wringing waist belt.

These pants require break-in time...probably a half-dozen good skates

Thank you Jordan,

I use this pants for 1~2 months and later I will order new one which uses custom size.

1. I finished its payment on 18/11/2014 and received yesterday, so it took just a month.

It was very hard shopping for me because they didn't answer anything.

I couldn't use phone because my English speaking and too large time difference (12h).

But they didn't answer for 20 days for my 3 times email and 1 PayPal message and finally even PayPal claim.

In fact, finally they didn't action to PayPal claim so I received refund from PayPal.

For 20 days from I paid, I didn't receive any email or action, even such automation mail of receiving order and payment.

It seems that Italian assistant, who is not good at English stopped all of my question or inquiries.

After the president of RYR would answer directly, it went smoothly.

2. Yes, I recommend this pants for example for the players who is not tall but have thick legs or big hip.

I'm 168cm though, for example to see Martin St.Louis, he has much thicker legs against the other tall NHL players.

Of course I'm not St.Louis! but not a few athlete level small players may feel as same as little thinner about inside volume of pants, I think.

There is not such big difference in thickness of thigh, hip or waist between big and small tall, but in reality these sizes are decided S, M, L.

3. I used real size of my waist, not clothing size waist.

I measured my waist size with a tapeline and told "87cm (34-1/4inch)" for RYR.

I was thinking more volume for hip so I'm satisfied with this size.

For the waist, to tell the truth I want little more "wring-able" length 2~3cm.

It's ok if only it could move the waist belt port little bit shortly.

But if I ordered the pants for 80cm waist, perhaps I didn't satisfied with its inside volume.

It's different story if it would be made by draping cut and sewing though, it is the better way now I can use is that to choose wide pants size and wringing waist belt.

Thank you Jordan,

I use this pants for 1~2 months and later I will order new one which uses custom size.

Thanks for the info! Right now I'm having a hard time finding a pair of pants that fits me. I prefer a tight waist fit (so I don't have to wear suspenders), but I have a problem where the waist will fit fine, but the length will be too small. Or, the waist will be too big, while the length will be fine! I'm 173cm tall with a 92cm waist and right in between a retail S and M on some pants and in between a M and L in other pants.

Contemplating placing an order, but... a little hesitant about their lack of communication.

Thanks for the info! Right now I'm having a hard time finding a pair of pants that fits me. I prefer a tight waist fit (so I don't have to wear suspenders), but I have a problem where the waist will fit fine, but the length will be too small. Or, the waist will be too big, while the length will be fine! I'm 173cm tall with a 92cm waist and right in between a retail S and M on some pants and in between a M and L in other pants.

Contemplating placing an order, but... a little hesitant about their lack of communication.

I don't know North American people's real situation though... how is the ratio of who is using suspender?

In my area, it's hard to find who using suspender besides children.

I also don't use suspender too.

If you want tight waist wringing, perhaps it's better to tell RYR little shorter number from your real waist length.

I feel I can be wringing the belt enough but that is so close.

Already enough, but I can't pull to wring the belt any more as you can see the picture.

DSC_0119.jpg

And also I think you can order easier than me because you can use phone and contact with them your native tongue.

Good luck.

Last night, I used my RYR pants first time.
I felt little difficult to move besides the situation

I've considered about RYR pants.

20141220130858_002.jpg

RYR pants are made from 3 sheet for 1 leg.
For example, if I change the length which (1)'s bottom shorter, perhaps I can get small hem.
But I don't know whether RYR could accept such order which need changing of dress pattern paper.

20141220130858_001.jpg

Overall RYR's pads are bigger than my former pants (Tackla).

Especially upside pad is big and wide.

20141220130858_003.jpg

Tackla's upside pad were sewed roughly 3cm under from the waist belt.

So it can be move smoothly when we ready and get open-stance.

But RYR sewed upside pad so closely with waist belt.

It seems 1cm or under.

So it slip under the waist belt and avoid leg move.

Of course I agree with everything needs break in time though, I feel this is little different thing from that.

Nice write up. I read the same thing from some other reviews on different forums. It seems like they're "built like tanks" with a lot of padding. So, if you like less protection and more mobility, these might not be good pants for you.

On another note, I created a few concepts of a custom pair I'd like to order (not sure which one I'm going with). I sent them a message via their "contact us" page, but I think I'm going to follow up with a call next week...

C5W12CF.jpg

or

X589oHK.jpg

or

pvOcbL7.jpg

or

x6tCw8F.jpg

Why these colors? Because I'm getting some custom Warrior's in Senators colorway glove design, so I'd like my pants to match or at least be complementary:

XJEV6Rh.jpg

mc88, nice custom logos...!

Thanks bud! There are ton of other logos I scrapped because they just didn't work or flow design-wise (tons of hours spent on wasted designs!).

Anyway... help me out: Out of the designs above, which do you like the best? I'm still on the fence and can't make up my mind of which design I want to go with.

Thanks bud! There are ton of other logos I scrapped because they just didn't work or flow design-wise (tons of hours spent on wasted designs!).

Anyway... help me out: Out of the designs above, which do you like the best? I'm still on the fence and can't make up my mind of which design I want to go with.

I like the bottom ones the best.

How did you get previews of your custom designed pants? I've been through their custom design pages and haven't seen any previews of the finished design.

I like the bottom ones the best.

How did you get previews of your custom designed pants? I've been through their custom design pages and haven't seen any previews of the finished design.

Stole the images from the website, then designed it out it in Photoshop. :laugh:

Used to be a commercial artist for 7 years before I gave up on it. But anyway, if you want some mocked up, just let me know.

Stole the images from the website, then designed it out it in Photoshop. :laugh:

Used to be a commercial artist for 7 years before I gave up on it. But anyway, if you want some mocked up, just let me know.

Ohhhh. Gotcha. Okay cool, thanks! Definitely considering a custom pair just so I can have something that fits around my gut but doesn't go down past my knees :)

Thanks for the help guys. I asked a few friends and they all seemed to like the black better (more universal and less "look at me I'm an a$$-hole who stands out like sore thumb"). Looks like I'm going black (with the "Sharks" logo)!

The fact that Oldtrainerguy reached out to help, despite never meeting Mimizk and living a few continents apart, is one of the best reasons why the modsquad community is so awesome. Everyone taking time to give advice is one thing, but going out of your way to help with an equipment order is great. It's not the first time I've seen someone on here do something like that, but I think it's super rare for the average population. Good work!!!

I'm considering 2nd ordering so have been contacting with Joe Kenny.

My changing points from 1st order are 1.hip pad shape and size and 2.color and design. Then I received an answer about the color from J.K.

I ordered my 1st RYR pants with "Midnight" color. This is capture of RYR web.

image.jpg

My belonging team has used black color pants and helmet. So I have to wear black pants.
When I saw this color on RYR page, I thought this was something as dark gray which was very close to black. So I chose this.

But the thing arrived my hands were such this Navy one.

DSC_0109.jpg

Of course I understand that is just a sample of color and we can see it only through PC monitor. It is not real thing. Yes I know...
But do you feel this "Midnight" include any blue matter of the color??
I also heard that the feeling about colors are certainly different between human races. But I can't believe this sample is correct.

Additionally, RYR provide us 7 colors which belong to Navy or Blue. All of them are named with the words, "Navy" or "Blue". Royal Blue、Navy、Oilers Navy、Maple Leafs Navy、Olympiad Blue、Canadians Blue, Medium Blue. But only Midnight is not so.

Real "Midnight" is brighter than Oilers Navy.

image.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

I'm considering 2nd ordering so have been contacting with Joe Kenny.

Please send me Joe Kenny's contact info. I haven't been able to contact anyone from RYR yet.

mc88,

I have to ask kenny that I can teach his address to you before. Can you wait?

And I leave my house 2days from today. I will be with iphone and pc but maybe reizy for respond.