Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eastonhockey_44

Needin New Hockey Gloves Any Idea's?

The past year i've been using easton s9 gloves. They have held up well, but overall they were pretty bad, nothing against easton. They wouldn't hold shape nd palms were worn with tons of holes. The material i must say was pretty cheap as well. I want a glove that feels great, east to break in and all around well constructed. Anyone have any idea's?

NBH 4-rolls. Great glove. I love my pair. Protective, not to heavy, and I think the palm will hold up a long time.

If you wear 15" gloves definitely the 9K and one90. ;)

4-rolls are nice, as are the R8s. The R8s will fit closer to the Eastons.

If you wear 15" gloves definitely the 9K and one90. ;)

4-rolls are nice, as are the R8s. The R8s will fit closer to the Eastons.

Yea im around a 15. The R8s seem like good gloves, i'm not a big fan of the one90's my buddy had 'em nd they weren't the best. The new warrior mia's look sick tho i must say

The R8s would probably be out because they dont come in 15"

Have you tried out the Vapor line?

no i haven't, i've been in eagles which were pretty durable . Any word on the xxxx gloves?

the xxxx gloves won't be available retail until this summer.

spring not summer for the XXXX gloves, from what i know. i recomend trying the 4-rolls, as i've heard nothing but great things about them.

Apparently, they are looser than the previous vapor line.

Personally, I love Eagle. After my x-50s, I tried some other gloves... I'm back in Eagles, this time custom x72.

In the vapor line the XV is good, nash palm. The XX is the same glove but with stretch palm. The XXX has the same fit in the fingers but has a huge cuff flair. Thin performance palm. The XXXX will have the durasoft palm, if I recall correctly. Same palm as the 4roll, which is pretty darn durable.

just to be exact, 4/15/08 is the release date for 2008 products

or atleast thats what it says in the catalouge discussion for NBH

That's like comparing a BMW to a Bentley. The BMW will cost less and be a quality product, but a Bentley is unmatched in quality... but you pay for it. Personally, x70 or x72 > 4-rolls.

If money was an issue, I'd recommend the 4-rolls over the Eagles.

Like I said in another thread, I had a pair of Eagle x50s. I bought one90s, supreme 70s, TPS hgt Pros, TPS R8 lites... Now I'm back in Eagles. I've used Vapor XXXs, I've used SDPs(what the 4roll used to be called), nothing compares to an Eagle in quality. TPS was the closest, but the sizing was an issue. The MSH2 palm blows every other palm I've used away. The closest in feel is the old Vapor XXX, but from what I hear, these will be much more durable. So far, I've used them a couple times and nothing more than some tape residue on the surface, no fraying whatso ever(last ice time was a 2hour coaching session, with a lot of passing, shooting and puckhandling on my part).

That's like comparing a BMW to a Bentley. The BMW will cost less and be a quality product, but a Bentley is unmatched in quality... but you pay for it. Personally, x70 or x72 > 4-rolls.

If money was an issue, I'd recommend the 4-rolls over the Eagles.

Like I said in another thread, I had a pair of Eagle x50s. I bought one90s, supreme 70s, TPS hgt Pros, TPS R8 lites... Now I'm back in Eagles. I've used Vapor XXXs, I've used SDPs(what the 4roll used to be called), nothing compares to an Eagle in quality. TPS was the closest, but the sizing was an issue. The MSH2 palm blows every other palm I've used away. The closest in feel is the old Vapor XXX, but from what I hear, these will be much more durable. So far, I've used them a couple times and nothing more than some tape residue on the surface, no fraying whatso ever(last ice time was a 2hour coaching session, with a lot of passing, shooting and puckhandling on my part).

good comparision. I have to agree eagles are great. Just the price hasn't always been great. The gloves I need have to be red, white and blue. Basicially i look for prostock gloves on ebay to try and score a deal. They have eagle x72's pro return from the rangers for $179. Pretty Expensive, but as you say it's the bentley. I know that NBH 4-rolls are great too as long as you get nylon. Leather obsorbs moisture creating heavyness. Thanks for the information though!