Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dean_

Andre Roy Sent Home

He's back with the team.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/247833.html

The leaders of the team pressured John Tortorella so that Roy finishes the season with the team.

The coach of the Lightning accepted, without guaranteeing that Roy will dispute another game by the end of the season.

Roy had been returned to his place one week ago after the match against the Flyers.

Is it the end for Torto?

Hopefully. He's not very professional. In my opinion, a coach sends Roy to the locker room in that position... but we all know that Tortorella isn't know for making very good decisions.

I had an issue with one of the guys I coach. He took a penalty and made a racial slur towards the guy, just as unacceptable as threatening to hurt someone(cheap shot or fighting, either way). Once I found out, I had a talk with him and warned him that if he did it again there would be disciplinary action. He appologized to the guy and I talked to the "victim" afterwards and let him know what was discussed. We've played against the same team 3 times since and there hasnt been an incident, even though my player is a hot head... If you show the players respect, they will return the favor. I'm proud to say that these guys/girls listen to me because I listen to them, some of them are twice my age.

Tortorella is a hot head and on top of that he's extremely hard-headed. He wants to do it his way whether it's good for the team or not. Roy is good for the team, he needs to be there... but he also might need anger management. Tortorella does nothing for Roy besides fuel the flame.

Coaches never send an able-bodied player to the lockerroom during a game. If a coach is unhappy with a player then that player sits on the bench.

Nice lefts by Cote.

I wouldn't be too ashamed if I was Roy. Cote is packing some serious heat in those guns.

p3121235.jpg

Jesus Cote is ripped.

And the last time that happened was when exactly? Answer: never.

I doubt that. A coaches main job is to focus on the end result and that result is making his team the best that they can be. This was a 2 - 2 hockey game, Roy was benched. He's averaged maybe 3-4 shifts a game most of the season. He was screaming and creating an uproar on the bench. He very well might have gotten called for a penalty... He SHOULD have been sent to the showers.

Yeah, because I'm going to find stats on that. Find me proof that in the history of pro hockey that no coach has ever sent am able bodied player to the locker room.