Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dean_

Andre Roy Sent Home

His presence in the locker room will be missed. I'm not sure but i think he's appreciated by his teammates and likes to joke around.

There's some talk about it in the Fight Thread.

Did anyone see Tortarella's reaction on the bench, he f***in lost it!

As a long suffering Lightning fan, Torts needs to be canned ASAP. Fighters get angry sometimes, boo hoo. You don't send the guy home unless he publicly cursed out/physically threatened the coach, etc...

Did anyone see Tortarella's reaction on the bench, he f***in lost it!

As a long suffering Lightning fan, Torts needs to be canned ASAP. Fighters get angry sometimes, boo hoo. You don't send the guy home unless he publicly cursed out/physically threatened the coach, etc...

If the coach says "Sit down and shut up" then you sit down and shut up.

Is there any video of the reaction and the argument with Tortorella? I saw the fight, but flipping channels and must have missed the rest of the scene.

LOL...funny stuff....He must have said some inappropriate things to get sent home. I am sure Tort wasnt planning on sending him out. He was looking to hurt anyone, would have not been good to put him back on the ice.

LOL...funny stuff....He must have said some inappropriate things to get sent home. I am sure Tort wasnt planning on sending him out. He was looking to hurt anyone, would have not been good to put him back on the ice.

Tortorella benched him earlier in the season because he was fighting too much aka 2 fights in like 4 games. Tortorella doesnt like fighting.

That being said... I probably would have sent him home too. I understand why Roy was angry. Actually, I would have sent him to the locker room if I was going to bench him. Why make him put up with the flyers running their mouth when you're going to keep him off the ice?

Actually, I would have sent him to the locker room if I was going to bench him. Why make him put up with the flyers running their mouth when you're going to keep him off the ice?

I was thinking about keeping him on the bench so he could get in the other teams head and try to break their concentration. Now that I think about it, I think you are exactly right, that is what he should have done!

Actually, I would have sent him to the locker room if I was going to bench him. Why make him put up with the flyers running their mouth when you're going to keep him off the ice?

I was thinking about keeping him on the bench so he could get in the other teams head and try to break their concentration. Now that I think about it, I think you are exactly right, that is what he should have done!

he was more of a distraction to his bench than the Flyers. All the Flyers had to do was keep laughing at him and it would have kept thier bench in turmoil. I was waiting for Roy to throw his stick down and stomp his feet like my kid did when he was 2 years old.

It looked like Torts was trying to concentrate on something while Roy kept yelling, to the point where Torts grabbed him and forced him down. The biggest thing is when the coach tells you to shut up and sit down, do it.

Almost any other coach and thats what happens. Tortorella has no respect for the players and they return the favor.

Roy was realy out of line. 5 minutes left in a 2-2 game, the last thing you want to do is put yourself in a position to hurt your team. If he was really that pissed about the stadium replaying the fight from the second period too many times, he needs to grow up. Should they have replayed the fight repeatedly, no, but he's a pro and if he wants to be a pro than dealing with things on the scoreboard and jeering from opposing fans is part of the job.

Part of me hopes that Cote or someone said something to him that was out of line, because that would at least give some explaination as to why he went off like that. But if he was just pissed because he lost a fight and they showed it on the scoreboard than Tortorella was right for sending him home, in fact IMO he should send his ass back to the minors if the guy can't keep his cool