Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed Demon

What do you do for a job and do you like it?

I'm a student on a fat scholarship, so school is my job I guess....I used to be a ref and had done it since I was like 13 and had worked my way up to being a level 3 ref, but I got tired of it so I got called for some games and never called back....for the last two years I've went to the seminar but never finished to open book exam. Thus I'm now demoted to a level 1.

I just heard that a guy I worked with as an engineer for one radio station died last week. I worked with him at WKRZ when I quit working on-air. Probably the smartest guy I ever worked for, nice guy too. He was the best boss I ever had. I haven't heard all the details but I was told he was on a tower and got electrocuted. Sometimes life sucks.

Chadd, I missed your post earlier on where you said you worked in radio...how long ago and what shift did you do?

I know a lot of Engineers who won't go near a transmitter site alone. We had an Engineer years ago (long before I started) that was working alone late one night and lost track of what he was doing, and got zapped pretty good, if I recall correctly, it didn't kill him, but he was pretty messed up afterwards.

I was on-air 92-96 mostly 7-midnight. I quit because I was #1 in the market for 3 years and they wouldn't give me a raise. I went to work as an engineer for a summer but it wasn't my bag. For a jock, I could fix a lot of stuff, but I was no real engineer. I was cleaning up the other night and came across a box of old airchecks, interviews and various drops that I used.

Rob had no fear and was the type of guy who would climb his own towers to replace the lights when some jackass kid shot them out for fun. I didn't have the balls to do that.

What format??? Any good interviews? #1 for 3 years with no rasie...sounds like radio to me....

*HA!*

At $225 a week pre-tax and not getting paid for remotes. The stuff is on cassette, but I have a DAT with some stuff on it as well. I just don't know what or have access to a DAT to find out. The Chris Barron one is a riot, it must be a solid 20 minutes. Some of the local band interviews are great too. Only one F-bomb.

...not paid for remotes...that ain't right. I think our guys get 125-175 for remotes...

I think I still have a working DAT in my studio...I'll check and get back to you. If you have anything that you know you want dubbed off, let me know.

We eventually got paid for them but it was only $50 at most and my boss started doing most of them.

for a 16 year old who loves hockey this job is pretty cool- i sell 50/50 tickets at the wolrd cup/sens gmaes assuming there is a season and i ahve to sell until the end of the 1st intermission then i get to stay and watch the rest of teh gmae for free and for every 2 gmaes i work i get a full 1 free so i work 2 gmaes tehn the 3rd game i get to watch the whole thing for free plus i get free parking. saves $10

since its a non-profit organization(ottawa senators foundation) they cant pay me but in order to graduate high school i need 40 hours of community serivce so they give me my community service hours

since its a non-profit organization(ottawa senators foundation) they cant pay me but in order to graduate high school i need 40 hours of community serivce so they give me my community service hours

Very cool, that kind of stuff looks good to universities and on your resume. Getting into hockey games is a great bonus, too!

Firefighter since 1989, fix air conditioners to pay the bills cause fire dept doesnt pay enough. Coaching every age group in inline hockey for 10 years which takes a lot of time but is the most fun, I listed that because it takes almost as much time as work.

I am jobless b/c I saved up so much money from my last job that I just play hockey now..My last job was with the city I Lived in. I was supposed to supervise kids in a summer camp but all I did was skool them in street hockey and teach those who didnt know the game how to play. And on fridays we went on field trips and got paid to go on them. We went to like six flags sox games..alot of places..so yea it was good