Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed Demon

What do you do for a job and do you like it?

Commercial crab fisherman on the west coast below Alaska. Its so hard you have no idea, but its woth it as we get roughly 10-12 percent off the top of a boat that holds 16, 000lbs, at $2.10 a pound. Every three days or so.

So it pays very well. But you work for 20 hrs straight hauling and lifting and baiting and ugggh. Its not fun.

I work at a coffee house. Mind you im only 16. Job is fun and pretty easy. Alot of cool yet wierd people come in. A ton of hot girls though. Pay is not all that great but it is a easy job.

I'd like to work at a Star Bucks, but I think you have to be 18 here. It would be fun.

I worked at one for 3 hours. It blew.

I quit. Maybe I didn't give it a chance or whatever but it was brutal, so when the girl I liked that worked there was getting off her shift I went to lunch with her and just didn't come back.

Biskit- Its sad that people can ruin what should be a fun experience. You figure anyone on here would enjoy working in a proshop at some point in their life since we all love hockey. But sometimes outside variables make it impossible to have fun or to feel proud of your work, I guess. Its too bad that ladies a jerk.

The thing that makes it worse is that she HATES hockey and her son is the pro shop manager. He has only been playing for 3 years and he knows nothing about supply and demand not to mention how to treat the customer right. Our rink is the only rink in town and they think since they are the only rink in town that people will have to put up with thier crap. Well alot of people have quit hockey and our public skating isnt doing so hot. Hockey is what makes you the money. Me and my buddy TJ could run the place 10 times better. (he works there)

I quit. Maybe I didn't give it a chance or whatever but it was brutal, so when the girl I liked that worked there was getting off her shift I went to lunch with her and just didn't come back.

HAHA, that is kind of like Office Space and how he didn't care about work.

I work part time for a lawyer. The job is crazy in some ways. He is among the Top-10 of Germany's lawyers for industrial and interlectual property. Yet, he works alone (no other lawyers working for him) and his office is exclusively run by law students, such as me (he has personel for cleansing, but no secretary or whatsoever). I hated it in the beginning because I had to do very low-end office work (typing, copying, bringing stuff to the courthouse...) plus he was always yelling about the smallest mistake.

Once he realized that I am also a pretty good "prospect", he gave me more responsability and more legal work. Nowadays, I am the most senior of his employees (not in years but in what I do). I'll pass my final exams in 3 weeks and I'll see what happens after that. I will most likely make my JD (doctor), so I will continue to work part time for him. After that, I don't think I'll want to work for him forever. If I'm good enough, I'll try to become a judge.

Oh yeah, and pay is excellent for student...

Just graduated with a degree in Biology (BSC hons) so haven't really had a chance to settle down and start a career. Over the past few summers have worked at the Chamber of commerce and the Inland Revenue. Both jobs were enjoyable but moreso due to the interesting people that worked alongside me. Also did a short stint at GAP during term when the beer money dried up. Am currently looking for employment in Vancouver starting in october. A decent Lab job would suit, well anything vaguely interesting to start with would be a bonus but bottom line anything that pays to get the rents sorted when i move out there.

Worked in the construction industry as a driller and blaster, worked up in Prince Rupert BC in the fishing industry(symapthize with the crab fishing...) studied Archeology and anthropology, did a few "digs", built acoustic guitars, worked for major equipment manufacturers as mechanic, then service manager, then product manager, then marketing manager, eventually general manager, started on my own 14 years ago, learned cad, designed some fun things, sell used crushing and asphalt equipment all over the place...most always had fun....still do...oh yeah..also ran a few hockey clinics...

I work at a coffee house. Mind you im only 16. Job is fun and pretty easy. Alot of cool yet wierd people come in. A ton of hot girls though. Pay is not all that great but it is a easy job.

I'd like to work at a Star Bucks, but I think you have to be 18 here. It would be fun.

Yea but its had remembering this all for one coffee.

Esspreso with double shot, soy milk,shot of french vanilla, and hazelnut,no foam but whip. I think coffee is way to complicated. Or the people that order it are way to complicated. Wish I worked in a hockey related job.

Yeah, but (no offence intended, as a former employee) the retards nowadays go by the expiration date on soy milk thinking that's the actual expiration date. Of late I'm getting more and more with soy milk gone bad.

Yea but its had remembering this all for one coffee.

Esspreso with double shot, soy milk,shot of french vanilla, and hazelnut,no foam but whip. I think coffee is way to complicated. Or the people that order it are way to complicated. Wish I worked in a hockey related job.

That sounds hard. It would take work remembering how to make everything.

As of yesterday I have started work once again at the county fair. It actually is pretty fun, too bad the fair sucks. I get to work with this really hot chick everyday, plus its easy work. I get to sit around in the sun and yell at people. My favorite is to kick out the carnies so they can't get to their job. Those a-holes are always trying to screw you over. And one of the best parts about it is that there is a hockey tournament going on during it at the rink on the fairgrounds. My coach is making his fiancee cover my shifts so I can go play.

Nope, not a carnie, unfortunately. I take tickets at the gate, not the games and rides. Working with a hot girl is always nice, lots of free food from creepy older vendors.

I was a carnie one year at my county fair. Worst job ever. I worked all week from 10am to 11pm and only got paid 21$, apparently I only got a percentage of what I brought in, and I worked at the least popular stand at the fair. The carnies were something else though, always coming up with these rediculous rhymes for me to yell to bring people in. Now a days I working as a cook at a little deli near my house, bringin in 8$ an hour in cash at the end of every day. And on days I don't work there I'm working at Panera Bread.

I work at a liquor store where my old hockey coach is my boss/manager. His son is also a worker and I've played with him in the past. Another employee was teammates with his son, so needless to say, theres an overflow of hockey runnin through this store. As soon as I got the job there, I started talking with the other employees and they asked if I played any sports, of course I said hockey and they said, "Oh christ, another hockey player." Overall, I LOVE my job. For every 6 hour shift from 5-11, our work is done by 8. So we can basically just sit in the backroom or in the cooler until 11.I only make $7 an hour($10.50 on sundays), but for the amount of work I do/dont do, its more than enough. We also recently got a new employee who also works at the Wendy's down the road, so whenever he's either at work at our store, or at Wendy's, we get free food. GOOD STUFF.

Reminds me of my friends at Pizza Hut when I was working at the radio station. Trading CDs for Pizza was all too common.

ive worked hockey camps, snack shop attendant at a public pool, and most recently was what you can call an upscale carnie. I worked for a company that does parties and events, like sets up those inflatable games for kids and I had to do all that work with other kids. They weigh a ton. I hated the job since it was manual labor, but on event days it was hard work for 2 hrs, slack 6-8 hrs, hard work 2-3 hrs. But on days when we cleaned games, I died.

Next summer it's LHS for me no doubt