Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShootsNScores93

Long Island New York

no offense taken,the rink is 150X80,MLRH, N.Y.RIOT played there home games on the rink,L.I JAWZ(RHI)practiced there also.believe me you can get some good 4on4 games going.either way, just another option to get everyone together for the first time.anyway, where have you been playing lately?what rink?

lately just been playing beer league at skatesafe. But my HS team practiced at your place last year. Also one of my close buddies had a bit of a melt down in your house league too LOL

yeah i could see the meltdown,that seems to happen often,been going on for years.Iwas thinking of joining skatesafe,Ilove that rink.my son just played at the narch tourny and I was watching the league play on the other side,5on5,do they let you play with a half shield.

yeah i could see the meltdown,that seems to happen often,been going on for years.Iwas thinking of joining skatesafe,Ilove that rink.my son just played at the narch tourny and I was watching the league play on the other side,5on5,do they let you play with a half shield.

our response to when he told us he wanted to try and get back into your leauge was

"you threw a stick into the stands and tried to punch the owner"

I think that was a little while back no?I had my share of melt downs ,nothing crazy,I stepped a way from the leagues for alittle while because I wasnt having fun,I still skate by my self at the rink once or twice a week to keep skating but I really want to get back to playing league.skatesafe or ice. havent made up my mind,so If any of the MSH guys want to get anything going ice or inline,Iwant to jump in.It might kickstart my passion again.

Hey guys, Floral Park here (right on the queens, nassau border if you're not familiar). Are there any pro shops that have Heat and Compression fitting? I got it done when I was away at college and never had a better fitting skate, so I was hoping to get the same kind of treatment on my new ones.

I checked out the place Hockey Underground, not sure if anyone's familiar with it, its across the street from the freeport rink. They said they had the compression machine but it was busted, I went there to get the skates baked anyway, since they have a Sanisport and my equipment was in pretty rare form stench-wise. Really nice guys, very helpful. Pretty good selection of sticks and helmets, not so much on the protective, like shins and elbos, didn't look at the shoulders much. The back wall was covered in gloves, warrior franchises, new bauer branded four rolls. The part I was most impressed with was the sticks, large selection and a lot of the stuff was cheaper then i've ever seen by $30 or $40 (retail of course). Not sure if this belongs in some kind of LHS review section but just thought id offer up a place to try out.

Has anyone been going to the open hockey at Long Beach?

Also, anyone playing in any fall leagues that have room? I am looking to get in on some league play. Kind of bored of just hitting up open hockey and playing pick up games.

I recently stopped by the Play it Again Sports in Carle Place and I was shocked by how empty it was; like 50% of stock then it usually is. Are they going out of business? Or is it because its July? Anyone notice other stores that are like this?

ya know ,the same guys own the play it agan in east northport and that store didnt have much either.port jeff sports in port jefferson station is carrying roller equipment.havent checked it out but worth a look.

id be down for roller hockey at sports arena. been playing there for a decent amount of time now. matter of fact i think ive played for you before iceburg, in 17u draft

Rockaway Beach here. Grew up in Queens. I've always played roller hockey. I played 104 precinct backin the, Hotskates in Lynbrook and fort Hamilton, Brooklyn league.

I've been wanted to try Sportime or skatesafe but a lil far from me.

Sporttime isn't bad, they play that dumb carry over offsides rule, which makes no sense to me. The competition in each division is pretty even, when I played there, there were no teams dominating everyone else. Can't comment about SkateSafe leagues, but the rinks were pretty nice from what I remember.