Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShootsNScores93

Long Island New York

jwr and shootsnscores93 you guys are exactly right. Except jwr you must have played when it was hockey headz because I know they replaced the chain link fence with "glass" when it became top gun. I won a few championships there 10 and under in like 98 (bone crushers) and then played until i was about 15 there and there were only like 2 teams in each division so I decided it was time to pack it in.

sorry no go for me in dix hills on friday. In may I will be at these MSH skates.

so is this gonna end up being ice or roller?

Seems to be a split between both.

I think it would be easier to get a roller game going, but i know alot of ice players arent fond of that.

I'm 20. I have a question for some of the long islanders here did anyone ever play at top gun hockey in Northport or before it was top gun it was hockey headz? Just wondering because thats where I started my competitive hockey career.

i played there when i was 8 and then swithed to the sports arena top gun burnt down and they never rebult

I honestley would prefer an ice game, but im game for a roller match (even though i dont own a girdle or roller pants, and i dont know how to stop exactly on roller hockey skates. for some reason i find myself stopping like i do in ice, and then falling on my face)

I honestley would prefer an ice game, but im game for a roller match (even though i dont own a girdle or roller pants, and i dont know how to stop exactly on roller hockey skates. for some reason i find myself stopping like i do in ice, and then falling on my face)

u dont need a girdle n i'd assume this wont be full check anyway. n u can do an ice stop, just dont try to stop on a dime or ur wheels are gonna slip out. or u can just pivot on ur front wheel of ur left or right skate, n just kinna stomp ur back foot down at an angle. (takes like 2 mins to learn)

On a somewhat related note i help organize and run an early am Saturday morning skate usually between 5-8am start times at Chelsea in Manhattan...

its an hour drills and an hour scrimmage for $20 if anyone is interested pm me and i will give you more info... also i would be down for an unofficial or official MSH skate.

On a somewhat related note i help organize and run an early am Saturday morning skate usually between 5-8am start times at Chelsea in Manhattan...

its an hour drills and an hour scrimmage for $20 if anyone is interested pm me and i will give you more info... also i would be down for an unofficial or official MSH skate.

Dude theres already a thread for ronnies ice, but that was pretty cute. Is this Roman?

if JR could run the MSH skate in NY this year you think that it would draw more people. I would think NYC would be a big draw

Everybody toss in $20 and we'll fly JR in for the game.

Sure NYC would draw people, but the cost of getting here and staying sure wouldnt.

Hey, LI here too... bayshore specifically, though just recently. Grew up in west islip and just moved there last year. I play in the A at superior, as well a few other teams in the rinx league and mhl. I'm definitely down for a game, probably just superior/dix hills/rinx/newbridge though. Newbridge would be the farthest out I'd go personally.

As far as pick up, there's a midnight pick up every saturday at superior which is really good in the sense you have everyone from D-leaguers to college players. Everyone gets along great so its all in good fun, and the higher caliber players usually try to all go out together so we don't embarass anyone or piss anyone off or anything

Hey, LI here too... bayshore specifically, though just recently. Grew up in west islip and just moved there last year. I play in the A at superior, as well a few other teams in the rinx league and mhl. I'm definitely down for a game, probably just superior/dix hills/rinx/newbridge though. Newbridge would be the farthest out I'd go personally.

As far as pick up, there's a midnight pick up every saturday at superior which is really good in the sense you have everyone from D-leaguers to college players. Everyone gets along great so its all in good fun, and the higher caliber players usually try to all go out together so we don't embarass anyone or piss anyone off or anything

so 2 bay shore people on here than.

yup, joined while I was still in WI though and in college... not that that really matters lol

have you herd the rumor about the bay shore roller rink?

Well, Long Beach is out.

They want $425 for an hour and $637.50 for an hour and a half.

That's expensive.

i would call up the dix hills rink since they do not seem to be that popular so they may be cheaper. Anyone call the roller rinks up?