Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShootsNScores93

Long Island New York

Ive been going to Iceworks which sucks cuz its on the small rink... lots of roller hockey players who just clog the middle of the ice and the ice is so small that theres no room..... Dix Hills is ok sometimes... alot of goalhangers and guys who want to play D just so they can try to go end to end with the puck every time only to lose it to the second or third guy they try to go around..... I know its wishful thinking but Id love just once to be part of some solid fundamentally sound hockey with lots of passing LOL... like I said.. wishful thinking

Check out the open hockey at Aviator Sports

REALLY? Stop advertising, those open sessions get cloged up so much sometimes you get like 7-8 shifts the whole night.

Every open session your gonna get hangers and players that just don't know how to play, that why it's OPEN to everyone. There is Aviator, Chelsea piers, Iceland in Queens. Just do a search for rinks in New York and go check them all out. Each rink has their positives and negatives.

Northport, I have played at the Ice Works. The rink is so small, but its not bad just to get your feet moving. Dix hills i used to play there its so expensive on monday nights, but i played one saturday night and it was pretty good. A lot of guys who knew how to play. Superior isn't bad, but the only time I played there was when tom from the ice works one called me. We should get a MSH summer team though that would be fun.

Check out the open hockey at Aviator Sports

REALLY? Stop advertising, those open sessions get cloged up so much sometimes you get like 7-8 shifts the whole night.

i dont know if that was sarcasm or not, but i wasnt advertising. just simply giving the guy suggestions. i've never played at an open hockey session there, but all i know is that they have it.

Iceland in Queens.

Iceland is in New Hyde Park.

Last time I skated at the Isle was a few years ago - skated at Long Beach.

GARBAGE

Iceland in Queens.

Iceland is in New Hyde Park.

Last time I skated at the Isle was a few years ago - skated at Long Beach.

GARBAGE

My bad, New Hyde Park is already Long Island right? It's all borderline between queens and LI.

I've never been to Long Beach Arena, but those Apple Core Jr. A guys are nasty good.

ShootsNScores - Every weekday but Wednesday there's open hockey at the Rinx from 1145 to 145, Monday and Friday they have like 15 minutes of 'clinic' drills before you play. There's a few more times, just go up to The Rinx and ask them for a hockey schedule. And it's way closer than going to any of the other rinks. I also heard the people that took over Sports Plus are keeping the rink, but I don't know if that's true.

for open hockey, go to islandicehockey.com. they've got open hockey a couple of nights a week (including the ones at iceworks on the small rink)

Looks like they dropped their Long Beach skates, and added Dix Hills recently.

Long Beach arena does their own open hockey as well, at least 5-6 times a week. Problem is that some of the apple core kids get cliquey, so you have to show up a couple of times before you really get involved in it. It's also a PITA to get to from some areas.

strose, do you play in Tom's league (Midnight Hockey)?

ShootsNScores - Every weekday but Wednesday there's open hockey at the Rinx from 1145 to 145, Monday and Friday they have like 15 minutes of 'clinic' drills before you play. There's a few more times, just go up to The Rinx and ask them for a hockey schedule. And it's way closer than going to any of the other rinks. I also heard the people that took over Sports Plus are keeping the rink, but I don't know if that's true.

I have been to those.. they are ok.. alexei tends to be a puck hog and its no fun... plus when a bunch of the bobcats show up it tends to be all bobcats all the time... not much fun... and the night sessions you have to wear a full shield... no fun

for open hockey, go to islandicehockey.com. they've got open hockey a couple of nights a week (including the ones at iceworks on the small rink)

Looks like they dropped their Long Beach skates, and added Dix Hills recently.

Long Beach arena does their own open hockey as well, at least 5-6 times a week. Problem is that some of the apple core kids get cliquey, so you have to show up a couple of times before you really get involved in it. It's also a PITA to get to from some areas.

strose, do you play in Tom's league (Midnight Hockey)?

Longbeach is too damn far... I go to a bunch of Toms open hockey sessions at ice works... but no more.. I have the rink and the quality of hockey is piss poor.. lately ive been going to Dix Hills only and its not so bad, just too much goal hanging and nobody and I mean NOBODY plays defense... the sports plus rink if im not mistaken was ripped out and was put in as the rinx bubble for a while.. not sure whats up now..