Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShootsNScores93

Long Island New York

no, what about it? I actually looked into it at one point when I was finishing up college to buy the lot, but the people that own the land is some company in the city that are a bunch of assholes and couldn't care less about selling it or holding onto it so I said screw it

no, what about it? I actually looked into it at one point when I was finishing up college to buy the lot, but the people that own the land is some company in the city that are a bunch of assholes and couldn't care less about selling it or holding onto it so I said screw it

a local place is/was looking into buying the land and reopening it. It was in the VERY VERY early talking stages last i herd.

everyone ant their brother has tried to look into that rink... the something with the building itself not being suitable for skating anymore or something...

the biggest problem I think is getting an insurance policy... the bayshore roller rink was sued so many times during its day that I think a policy alone is over $100,000 .... whomever owns it could just be using the property for the equity...

if anyone REALLY wanted to do something with it I think going to the local town hall and try to get them to nudge the property owner to do something with the property or sell it could be the only way at this point but I dont know if that would do any good....

I'm on the Island too. Definitely be down for an ice pick-up game at any of the rinks (even in Brooklyn). I'm 34 but I'll keep up with you 20-somethings!!!

I used tp play in the over-30 league at Iceland but really can't commit to a league anymore because of work and other responsibilities. Instead I play at most of the lame open sessions and get to a clinic once a week.

Can anyone recommend any puckshoots ot stick and pucks (whatever they're called)? I'm looking for one that isn't overloaded with dads/sons and isn't at a ridiculous hour (I know, it's a lot to ask). So far, it looks like Superior has most of the sessions, anyone go to one of those?

I figure that I would get more out of a puckshoot than open at Syosset sometimes...

I'm on the Island too. Definitely be down for an ice pick-up game at any of the rinks (even in Brooklyn). I'm 34 but I'll keep up with you 20-somethings!!!

I used tp play in the over-30 league at Iceland but really can't commit to a league anymore because of work and other responsibilities. Instead I play at most of the lame open sessions and get to a clinic once a week.

Can anyone recommend any puckshoots ot stick and pucks (whatever they're called)? I'm looking for one that isn't overloaded with dads/sons and isn't at a ridiculous hour (I know, it's a lot to ask). So far, it looks like Superior has most of the sessions, anyone go to one of those?

I figure that I would get more out of a puckshoot than open at Syosset sometimes...

I went to one as Superior a while back. It was nice I think there was a total of like 7 of us on the ice including the one staff member there were 2 goalies one was like 14 the other one must have been at least 17, but was a cocky prick. Any who they don't seem to draw a big crowd.

get frank bulton to buy it lol

get frank bulton to buy it lol

haha frank bulton used to own my dad's bar in bay shore till the business started to get slow then he bought the ducks

Guys:

Let's try and do this.

Here's the groundwork as I See it. Please feel free to comment and/or make your own recommendations.

1. We are going to be playing ice hockey. The game will be on a weekday evening at 9PM or later.

2. We need a rink at $400 or less for the hour, or let's pay up to $400 for as much time as that would buy us. This would allow us to keep it at $20 a guy and I doubt getting 20 guys would be a problem.

3. I'd like to say no age limit but I don't know how that would work with minors and responsibility. Whomever is actually renting the ice will have to decide how to deal with this and whether minors will be allowed. I'd rent the ice, but when I rent the ice everyone is required to wear a full cage, so I'll stay away from that.

4. Game is only open to members of MSH.

5. Open hockey rules and no A-holes allowed. This isn't a tryout for anything, just a nice meet and greet for guys on the forum, keep that in mind when you're playing.

6. Let's make a list of guys who are going to play. If you can commit to playing, copy the list and add your name to the bottom, once we have enough guys, we can go get the ice.

7. Let's go have some fun.

Players commited to playing

Scorer75

Scorer75

the_game

guasto74

What I would hope is that we can get a good session and make it something we can do every couple of months or so. I definitely agree with number 5 on the list. I'd just add that lets make it so everyone does their best to play both ends of the ice.

Scorer75

the_game

guasto74

shootsNscores93 (ice only)

I'm 40. Live in Merrick and play on two Midnight Hockey teams. I can get a bunch of guys to play and MSH members too! I also skate at Tom's open hockeys at Syosset pretty frequently.

I will def play as long as I don't have game that night. And for the record, I have socks that are 18 years old so I sure as heck would rather play with older guys!!!!!

I know the guys running Iceland and Newbridge so when we have enough guys I'll call if you want me to.

Scorer75

the_game

guasto74

shootsNscores93 (ice only)

JJ Thompson94 (ice only)

Again I'm 21, but I think we can allow minors if their parents bring them and stay there to watch over their own kids. I know how it feels to be a minor, I was one not long ago. We should let them play if they really want.

Wow, a whole 5 guys, huh?

Any body else interested?

So far we have:

Scorer75

the_game

guasto74

shootsNscores93

JJ Thompson94

Six guys...

So far we have:

Scorer75

the_game

guasto74

shootsNscores93

JJ Thompson94

dkmiller3356

How's the small rink in Port Washington sound? It'll be cheaper and easier with fewer guys.