Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

santiclaws

"Successor" to the XN10?

The R8 shaft wasn't terrible, unless comparing it to the R2XN10. It doesn't load as smoothly or kick as much as the XN10.

Is the new XN10 going to be an SMU?

I was told it would be the same stick with a new paint job.

But will it be exclusive to one online retailer?

I was told they were the only one to commit to carrying it so far. The decision to offerit came after the show and most shops already had completed their booking orders.

Not true.

The decision to offerit came after the show and most shops already had completed their booking orders.

Really? I misunderstood then. I'm surprised that it wasn't mentioned when I talked to them.

I hope I can try one from our TPS importer here in Germany....infected from MSH I tried a couple of XN10s shafts and OPSs but ended with a bunch of R8 pros, that were built like made for me...do we talk about shafts only...or OPS, could TPS/ or anyone do OPSs as SMU...wondering.

Chadd, any chance you can tell us when we'll find out who this online retailer is? Thanks.

Once they show up I'm sure no one here will be in the dark. He's been vague for what I'm sure is a good reason.

Chadd, any chance you can tell us when we'll find out who this online retailer is? Thanks.

Once they show up I'm sure no one here will be in the dark. He's been vague for what I'm sure is a good reason.

I'm really torn on this one. On one hand I'm no fan of a product only being offered online. Then again, others had the chance to get in on it and passed. Thankfully it isn't sportchek or I would be concerned about it being one of the lower end product with an old high end name on it. In any case, it isn't up for sale yet and they aren't doing pre-orders so no need to promo the shop yet.

I doubt it will be available more than 24 hours before it gets posted here.

Who wants to speculate/make wild guesses with me? :D HG? HM? Dick's? The likeliest suspects, I would guess. And I wonder if SRI's close proximity to both HG and HM's actual stores means anything - hmmm...

My money's on HockeyGiant.

SC, the hint was dropped long ago... ;)

Well, the only things I have are that it is a retailer with a large online presence which also has B&M store(s). I believe that HM, HG and Dick's all qualify although I am not sure Dick's counts as having a "large" online presence, at least as far as hockey equipment is concerned. That leaves HG and HM. Am I missing something else? :ph34r:

The retailer you speak of, however, is not an online only dealer.

True, but that's how most of us have dealt with them in the past. And I don't think they've been good for the industry overall, but that's a debate for another topic.

I'll probably pick one or more up, so it's not like I'm against them making some sales.

SC, the hint was dropped long ago... ;)

Well, the only things I have are that it is a retailer with a large online presence which also has B&M store(s). I believe that HM, HG and Dick's all qualify although I am not sure Dick's counts as having a "large" online presence, at least as far as hockey equipment is concerned. That leaves HG and HM. Am I missing something else? :ph34r:

Perani's doesn't count as a store with a large online presence? What about hockey deals/Summit or totalhockey or greatskate? I'm not saying either of them is the answer,just that you missed a few.

Perani's doesn't count as a store with a large online presence? What about hockey deals/Summit or totalhockey or greatskate? I'm not saying either of them is the answer,just that you missed a few.

Perani's I thought of but forgot to put down and I rarely, if ever, hear greatskate mentioned online or from other players. I didn't realize Summit and totalhockey had actual retail stores.

Would the Dolomite be kind of close? Concave shaft, low kickpoint, but I suppose the weight would be higher.

Sort of but not really. The XN10's sides were really concave and the weight was noticeably lighter...I wish I kept mine. It's the only shaft/stick where I could actually feel the stick kick.

Would the Dolomite be kind of close? Concave shaft, low kickpoint, but I suppose the weight would be higher.

Not a bad stick but not really close. Again, you'd have to find the right flex that could mimic the xn10s kick. It will feel different in your hands for sure. As mentioned it felt in texture like a glossy wood stick. As fas as shaft shape, it was well, TPS.

I love Dolomites but they're nothing like my team mates XN10.

can you say when they will be release? chadd or SRI? if not, will it be this spring, the holiday season.. is the xn10 coming back soon or later?

I hope it's available as a shaft and not just OPS. Also, hoping there's a grip option. And most of all, hoping it is actually available somewhere and not just talked about. Almost none of the major retailers I see carry high end TPS shafts.. in store or online! Ugh!

For all you XN10 lovers I found this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Louisville-TPS-C10...7QQcmdZViewItem

Not my auction

that place is local for me and despite it being the wrong curve, I considered picking that stick up on more than one occasion. I should stop in and see if they have any Tkachuks in stock...

I DID pick up 2 Tkachuk reg flex XN10s about a month ago from another LHS that I frequent. Coming off an S17 that broke the night I bought the first XN10, the XN10 has very similar balance, and puckfeel is close enough (for me anyway). Shots, however, especially now that the XN10 has broken in a little bit, do have more pop to them. The S17 wasn't as good for me for slapshots, but was a very "crisp" stick. The transition from S17 to XN10 or vice versa shouldn't be much, if any, but you will likely notice a difference in your shot (as Chadd has noted in his S17 review)

I hope it's available as a shaft and not just OPS. Also, hoping there's a grip option. And most of all, hoping it is actually available somewhere and not just talked about. Almost none of the major retailers I see carry high end TPS shafts.. in store or online! Ugh!

No grip and OPS only according to what I was told.