Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rawa9

Crooked holders?

I was just looking at the Vapor XX's that I just got, and noticed that the holders are mounted in slightly different, but noticible, places. Should I worry about having gotten a pair of mis-mounted lightspeeds?

Mine are like that too, I figure if tthey were off the guy that sharpened my skates would have said something.

Most of them never pay attention to details like that.

Then I don't know, they don't feel crooked when I'm on them, most people never really check that I guess, I didn't till I read the post. I figure there mus be some sort of quality check at Bauer where if it's off by so much that they need to fix it. But I might be wrong

There have been a lot of reports of problems with Bauer skates having the holders mounted poorly.

You should probably go out and try them for a game or two and see if it affects your skating. I haven't tried mine out yet, but it doesn't look like it would affect my skating much since I measured the two skates and the very slight difference, while it is more noticible by just looking at them, it is almost impossible to see a difference in the measurements.

I think you will find more Bauers than not will be mis-mounted. At my LHS where they align the skates, with Bauers they are always having the fix them to square them up.

yeah we see a lot of vapor XXs mounted wrong. our 1st batch of vector pros were also mounted wrong, but it seems as though theyve fixed it now. the only other skates that come to mind being obvious was a few pair of G5's i believe, only the left skates. havnt checked our new shipments yet however, to see if they too have corrected it.

From what I've seen (especially with the lightspeeds), it's not the steel that's the problem (though it's bent). It's because the holder is misaligned when it's mounted. You can straighten the steel, but since the holder is out of alignment it's only a temporary fix because it will "re-bend" itself to conform with the holder again.

so is it something I should look into fixing?

ask the store you got them from to replace em, don't mess with a faulty pair, your money is worth more then that..

Exactly - if it is straight in the back, once you unrivet the front tower it'll spring back to the right position.

Both pairs of v12s I had were like that. The holders almost seemed forced on in the front. Like ) (. And on that perf steel, the steel straightener doesn't seem to do crap.

It won't do anything if the holders are crooked. It'll straighten, then revert back to the old position after a while.

Too bad we didn't take a picture of mine before you adjusted them. It would have been like Show n' Tell. They looked like they were placed their by the Crooked Man.