Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Red Light XN10

Redlite XN10 Sr. Whip

Reviewer: 6'0 170 lbs, defense Indoor roller/sport court

Blades used: Koho 2260 and Easton Z-Carbon

Modifications: No end plug and cut shaft 1 1/2 inches.

Initial Impression: When I first saw this shaft it reminded me of the Response Plus(which I use now) so the color has a nice finish. Also the shaft is 250 grams, it is definetely light. So that is always a plus, but the hard thing is finding a blade that gives me that perfect balance point. Although when I added my ABS blade it did feel relatively balanced.

Stick Feel: The feel of the shaft is nice. The concave sides make it nice to grip(although I added tape backwards to the shaft). Very light and with the two blades I used, it gave superb puck feel. The shaft feels different then any other shaft I have used before due to the XN10 graphite. It reminded me of an Aluminum shaft. Very different but very nice all the same. 9/10

Shooting: As soon as I got this shaft I put in my Koho ABS blade and it felt great, similiar to my Response Plus. I didn't have to adjust anything to create velocity on my shots. When taking a wrist shot I noticed I could pick a corner and shoot it where I want it to go.I did notice that the shaft felt flexier than the TPS Whip(75 flex) but that extra kick was what the shaft needed. 9.5/10

Durability: The durability of this stick is overall the same. It took some slashes but show no sign of breakage in the near future. 8/10

Conclusion: The shaft is of course light(250 grams) as advertised, and as I said before is hard to find a blade that will balance out like my Response Plus. So I might have to pick up a TPS PTC blade to balance it out. Overall this shaft is nice with a great color and if you are will to put the money down for this stick you wont be disappointed.

9/10

Reviewer: 5'11 200 lbs, defense, but been using the stick for Coaching

Blades used: Axion Custom Curve 1, Leetch Woody, P106 Woodie

Modifications: Cut, added plug

Initial Impression: I couldn't believe the weight of the stick. It was unbelievably light, once I put a blade in it the balance was really off. However an end plug (which was needed anyways) balanced that out and its incredibly well balanced with a Wood blade.

Stick Feel: The shaft shape is awesome. I have alot of difficulties going back to Easton since my XN10 (had around 9 months ago), but love the feel of the shaft in my hands. 9/10

Shooting: I love this for shooting, great rebounding, no twisting, feels solid and its just a pleasure to use. I always feel like I'm using an Aluminum because of the shape, but the shaft performs like nothing I've ever used before. 9.5/10

Durability: It's difficult to tell not using it in games. I've always broken blades way before shafts so the jury is still out on this shaft.

Conclusion: The shaft is light, responsive, comfortable and has given me everything I could ask for. I will update on the durability once I break it and if I have changed feelings. I've used this shaft for about 2 months now and I've tried many others, shafts, OPS and Woodys to compare it with, but I keep resorting back to this.

9/10

Redlite XN10 S

Reviewer: 5"10 175lbs LW mostly ball hockey, some ice hockey

Blades used: Jovanovski F4, Z-carbon

Initial Impression: When I bought this from Eazy_b97 he said it was a bloody feather and indeed it was. The paint job is the best I've seen from TPS color and finish wise. It's attactive. 8/10

Stick Feel: This shaft feels great when sitting in my hands. The concave shape gives me good grip and control despite the finish being so slick. Paired with both the blades listed it gave good feel. The combos yielded an incredibly light fixture,balance was decent. 8/10

Shooting: This is the aspect of the shaft that disappointed me. After hearing all the hype about XN10 dropping bombs. It wasn't my Z-Bubble. Honestly, I blame it on the flex. Stiff may be a bit to much for me. I also felt that the feather-like weight was hindering my swing speed. My bread & butter wrister is non existent with this shaft, it doesn't have the taper that I'm a custom to. 4/10 Personal experiance.

Durability: It looks like this shaft can take a beating. Its taken some slashes but nothing really harsh. Paint chips off rather easily. 9/10

Conclusion: I would say this is a leader in the standard shaft market. Lightest senior shaft on the market. Looks tough and maybe a different flex may have helped my cause. If your thinking about it now is the time to buy it for a low price on certain sites. Great shaft but doesn't even come close to performance when it comes to my Z-Bubble. That's why I'm trying to get rid of it. I would think its a great D-man stick though.Overall for me 7/10

Edited by roadrunner

Redlite XN10 Whip flex.

Reviewer: Big boy. 275lbs 5'10"ish

Blades used: Easton zcarbon lindstrom, bauer woodie p016.

Initial Impression: I had heard a lot about this shaft and that it was the lightest out there. I wanted to get an extremely light combo for a good snapshot/wrister combo. Other people I have played with say that the zcarbon makes it too blade light.. but then again, thats what I was looking for.

Stick Feel: Puck feel translates up the shaft nicely. I'm sure this has more to do with the blade but it feels good. Not a wood stick, but not any worse than any other carbon stick I have used.

Shooting: I have owned the stick for over a year now and bought it lightly used. I have broken it into the perfect whippy flex. This is the best part of the shaft in my opinion. My wrists shots load extremely quickly. The combo is so light that I can get a nice loaded shot off in the same time where I would have to take a snap shot on my other sticks. I can't say much for slapshots because if I don't choke down on the shaft, it feels like I am passing the puck to the goalie instead of taking a shot. Snap shots feel very nice and pop off the blade despite the light flex rating.

Durability: I have owned this for over a year now. Plenty of paint chips, but no signs of breakage yet.

Conclusion: This shaft lives up to the hype. I am going to give a response xn10 a shot with a little stiffer flex to see if slappers are as good as people say.

Edit: If anybody cares, I still have this shaft (april 2009). I dont play as often, but its a regular in my rotation. Still as tough as when I gave the initial review.

Edited by BK

Redlite XN10 Sr. Stiff (also have used a regular)

Reviewer: 6'1 235 lbs, center (ice only)

Blades used: Montreal m95, Montreal CMC, Montreal CMX, Tour Crossrip

Modifications: None other than cutting the end plug slightly.

Initial Impression: Great looking, light as hell. Love the finish.

Stick Feel: 9/10 Can feel a little off-balance with heavier blades b/c the shaft is so light. Great feel, though.

Shooting: Rocket Launcher. Standard shafts work well for me because I get a lot on/behind my slapshot. I just find that they have more control than OPS. The Regular flex was amazing for writers, but too whippy for slappers. Probably more related to me than the shaft. About equal to or slightly better than the Z-Bubble (with greater durability). Best shaft ever (for me). 10/10 (I'd give it a 12, if I could)

Durability: The durability of the stiff flex I own has been great. Doing better than anything I've owned and used for a year. In fact, it's one of the few shafts I've ever had last through a full winter of beer league and shinny. The regular flex broke rather quickly, blocking a slapshot 8/10.

Conclusion: Overall, this is probably my favorite shaft ever, over the Tri-Core, Ultra Lite, and Z-Bubble. I still keep an eye out for these popping up on eBay. Once I break the OPS' that I have, I'll probably go back to these for as long as I can find 'em. 9.5/10

P.S. If anyone can recommend any newer shafts that perform similarly, I'm all ears!

Edit, My RL XN10's are still going strong. I'd probably go a bit higher than my initial durability rating. Since my initial review, I have tried it with newer, high-end composite blades including the one95, one 90 and AK27. Just amazing in terms of feel, lightness and balance, especially with the one 95 blade. Best combo I've used so far.

Edited by sickwilly